13 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm not sure. Here are the legs on Flash

Hide contents

Justice League Doom

Dang... those are some of the coolest customs I've seen using regular parts.   Nightwing's red shirt for MM, those red/yellow legs,  and IM's chest piece as alternatives really spruce up those minifigs. 

That price per piece ratio on the Flying Fox is horrible. Wonder if the parts for Steppenwolf have anything to do with that.

On the other hand, the Atlantis PPPR is the norm, and the Nightcrawler's is pretty good.

What is wrong with the price of the Flying Fox?? 955 pieces for $130, and there isn't even a bigfig or any large new molds found in the set? It's absolutely ridiculous. I'll wait for a sale if I ever get the set. 

Now that we've got a clearer picture, can someone tell me what the canopy pieces used in the Flying Fox are? I don't like the trans red color and would like to replace it with trans black or something.

Is that a new piece for the white noise cannon in the box? Hell it looks amazing:sweet:

From what we've seen so far it doesn't look like that in the film (or we haven't seen it like that yet) but that can be used for the comic cyborg cause it's accurate to what it looks like from the comics

1 hour ago, Xzmmc said:

Now that we've got a clearer picture, can someone tell me what the canopy pieces used in the Flying Fox are? I don't like the trans red color and would like to replace it with trans black or something.

They were originally from 2009's CW Grievous' starfighter, where the part was first introduced in printed Trans. Black. Now I know that you can get the canopy unprinted in that color from the 2011 Alien Conquest ADU Jetcopter.

Edit: Here is the Brickset link to part no. 87606.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-87606

4580739.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks
Added part link

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

They were originally from 2009's CW Grievous' starfighter, where the part was first introduced in printed Trans. Black. Now I know that you can get the canopy unprinted in that color from the 2011 Alien Conquest ADU Jetcopter.

Edit: Here is the Brickset link to part no. 87606.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-87606

4580739.jpg

Thanks. What's the one in the back though? Is it the same one repeated? It doesn't look like it.

I don't believe I'm alone in being terribly underwhelmed with these sets. The builds don't look in any way aesthetically pleasing to me (Battle of Atlantis just gives you a bunch of pillars; Knightcrawler looks like yet another generic black mecha; Flying Fox is similarly generic and uninspiring with that blockiness and drab colour scheme) but at least the minifigs do look very good. I'm sure Lego did their best with the designs from the movie they had, but the price of the sets plus their look remains ultimately off-putting.

I don't think I'd buy any of these except maybe the Aquaman set if it ends up heavily discounted. I'm a big Flash fan so I might order his minifig online because it looks great, but otherwise, not very impressed with this bunch of sets.

But hey, being disappointed in sets is actually a good thing, because I can save money properly to get the sets I want. :laugh:

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

On June 28, 2017 at 7:31 AM, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Oh damn, you're right! Wow, have to buy that set now. Or are the legs on Bricks and Pieces?

I ordered the legs just a couple days ago, so they are on bricks and pieces. 

Yeah, those JL sets suck! The only decent one is Aquaman and even that looks so small for 20$... Both Knightcrawler and Flying Box are horrible sets: nothing great about the builds in either one and price for the Box is outrageous 130$, when we got great 1000pcs Spider-Man bridge last year for 100$! Overall I'm really dissapointed in DC sets.

God, I hate those Atlantean Guards so much that I would have taken a repeated Batman figure over one of them.

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

God, I hate those Atlantean Guards so much that I would have taken a repeated Batman figure over one of them.

But Ocean Master parts...

But yeah I'd definitely prefer to have gotten another Parademon, Mera or Vulko. Particularly the latter two as it's possible we'll only get one set for Aquaman (despite its large cast of characters). 

55 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

But Ocean Master parts...

But yeah I'd definitely prefer to have gotten another Parademon, Mera or Vulko. Particularly the latter two as it's possible we'll only get one set for Aquaman (despite its large cast of characters). 

Thats a good point about the Aquaman sets. And yeah, purist customizing can always help in phasing out any figures one isn't too crazy about.

For one, the Atlantis set has really grown on me, not so much as a complete set but for its part usage possibilities.

The set is mostly composed of simple Sand Green Bricks and even a few Sand Blue ones also, which are nice too add to your rarer color collection. For $20, you get four decent figures, two of them the Atlantian guards which I myself have grow much fonder of. Particularly, I think the Art Deco print designs on their torso and legs could repurpose nicely for a Maria-esq android from Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

35442140142_64d3e3c899_n.jpgMetropolisC3PO02.jpg

8 hours ago, Xzmmc said:

Thanks. What's the one in the back though? Is it the same one repeated? It doesn't look like it.

No, I'm pretty sure it is. They are I think back to back just like 2014's 75046 Coruscant Police Gunship, where the canopy was first introduced in Trans. Red.

LEGO-STAR-WARS-75046-CORUSCANT-POLICE.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks
Added extra image

^ Y'know that got me thinking that the Atlantean Guard's torso and legs with some gold hands would make a more accurate body for Gotg Ayesha. Nothing too "manly" about the fig so it works pretty well for a female. 

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For $20, you get four decent figures, two of them the Atlantian guards which I myself have grow much fonder of.

That's what I thought about the ATM Heist Battle: "it'd be $40 here since it's $20 USD, ehh not too bad".

But when it came out it was $50! I expect the same for the Atlantis set so that's terrible! I honestly think that the Atlantis set is a battle pack and should be $15 USD at most.

I love the parademons especially the yellow one.  The Atlanteans I can customize to fit my fantasy lego world.  And Aquaman is pretty nice and nice sand green parts.  So the Aquaman set for me is a good choice.  I want Steppenwolf but not at that price.  I may get the knightcrawler for the 2 green parademons when it goes on sale.

After looking at those ^ high def photos, I've finally got a lot of love for the Batmobile and the Knight Crawler. Pretty interesting also how the Mother Boxes are built in different ways