Someone on Reddit found the Knightcrawler set in Target already. He apparently didn't look at the DPCI tho.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:29 AM, Lyichir said:

See the little mark in the corner that says "For Solicitation Only"? This is essentially a preliminary cover, with placeholder art. The final cover will likely be very different.

Oh, that's good to hear! 

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Someone on Reddit found the Knightcrawler set in Target already. He apparently didn't look at the DPCI tho.

It's probably good I didn't see this earlier, as if I had I would have probably headed straight to my local target just to be disappointed by an guaranteed inevitable lack of the set on the shelf. That's just how I roll.

Here are the new 2018 DC Super Heroes sets:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lukethompson/2017/07/14/first-look-new-lego-dc-superheroes-sets-to-debut-at-san-diego-comic-con-krypto-lobo/#4b8b42f72eec

Overall, these sets seem disappointing, especially the Cyborg/Flash set which looks like a Juniors set. Also, there seems to be a new gimmick with all of the new blast molds shown, which seem off for LEGO. Thankfully, these are all under $40, so they are not as bad for minifigures, but definitely worse than the 2014 wave.

EDIT:

76096 Superman Krypto Team-Up

76097 Lex Luthor Mech Takedown

76098 Speed Force Freeze Pursuit

Edited by latenightguy
Set names

Sets are cheaper which is good. I'm not a fan of that Frost but that might just be the hair. Disappointing most of these lack leg print but the Rebirth Bruce and Diana are nice and even without boots Thawne is great. Krypto looks a bit too big though as does the Space-Hog. My favourite builds are probably Cyborg's helicopter and Lex's Mech and my favourite figs are Diana, Bats and Thawne 

Lobo's Space Hog is great: awesome mifigs and nice build. :sweet: Other two sets not so much (but I need that Reverse Flash fig).

Wow nice, good thing I'm not a fan of DC but happy for those who are waiting for these. LOBO is one of a hell fig. Great fig and deal.

Now it's the time. Hopefully stuff for Marvel will be revelead soon. 

These are some great sets! Love the minifigure selection. Can anyone tell me what color Batman is? To me it actually looks like he is light bluish gray can anyone confirm/deny. Only real downside is the hair used for Killer Frost, definitely takes away her edge but luckily that can be rectified rather easily.

Edit: Just noticed that Superman is still not updated?!? really don't get it, why does it seem to be such a hard thing to do, Batman has had multiple new designs since we've gotten that Sups.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

This looks like an unofficial CW Arrowverse year: Firestorm, Reverse Flash, and Killer Frost. At least it makes me think that.

Nice to see so many new characters getting figs for the first time. Cheetah is a great choice with all the attention WW has been getting of late. Lobo is a popular character too. All around this looks like a nice selection. It's a little hard to comment on the figure quality yet. @Duncan Young pointed out the plain legs throughout (except WW). All the arms appear to be plain too.

Can't say the builds are that exciting to me. The LL Mech is interesting, but I just picked up the first one used a few months back. A shame too, because I would like a battle-suit Lex. 

For me, I think I will BL some of the new figs and pass on the rest. 

Nice to FINALLY get Reverse Flash - I've been waiting ever since Lego Batman 2!

The builds are alright but what's most interesting is all the new parts - there's so many! I guess they're trying to make power blasts into a full on game with shields and other blasts.

Out of all of these, Killer Frost is most disappointing - that hair doesn't fit at all. Superman's a bit of a let down as well. Otherwise, figures look good.

Kinda seems like they're doing the same thing as they did when Suicide Squad came out - casually release comic book versions of characters in an upcoming movie/show. Which I don't mind at all, as I do enjoy the CW shows a great deal and have been waiting for sets. It's clear lego sees a demand - I'm just not sure what's stopping official sets.

Edited by legozebra

Well, they're a little bit disappointing, but overall I'm happy. What's up with the pictures? They seem a bit oversaturated with color. Shame they passed up the opportunity of giving Flash and Reverse Flash dual molded legs. Also what's up with Superman losing his iconic hair? :sceptic:

Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to get some Bart Simpson arms and red+yellow dual molded legs for Firestorm. I'd probably give Killer Frost the Quicksilver hair and Syndrome legs. Cheetah needs a different hairpiece, maybe even different legs from Chima. Flash and Reverse Flash are disappointing without the dual molded legs, but Krypton and Lobo are great! Lex and Wonder Woman are interesting, and it's cool that we have all kinds of new blast pieces!

There are definitely some nice aspects to these sets, but some big disappointments too. Reverse Flash looks very plain to be honest, but it's nice to get him. I'm trying to work out what he's holding too. I think it would have been a nice opportunity to make a location based set with the Flashes, given the popularity of the TV show. Star labs break in or Flash Museum Battle etc etc. The vehicles in it just look....eh, and as said, Killer Frosts hair is a bit..not great.  

Cheetah look nice, and is that a tail piece she has? I think all the accessories are a good gimmick for the Superhero line as potentially it allows more play in location based sets as we all know LEGO love making all sets vehicles because of the play value. I know LEGO were using the LEGO Batman movie to bolster the DC Superheroes line long term and open up new avenues, so hopefully this is only the beginning of that!

I do wish those Flash figures were nicer though...*Sigh* And no Streaky... *sigh* :p

So are dual molded legs in licensed sets now a think of the past, given that not a single figure in this wave (and in the Justice League sets) has them?

Love the Aquaman hair on Lobo, annoyed Reverse Flash is dark yellow but just glad we're getting him, Killer Frost's face looks really off to me, looks like Red She Hulk's big sinister grin, Cheetah looks pretty damn cool with the Scratchy tail, Firestorm.... The face?... Unsure about his face

Too bad, we're expecting the same with Marvel sets. Oh my. Why do they gave to stop making dual molded legs when it's needed.

That Reverse flash look so boring tho it's nice to finally have him. Lobo is easy fix. 

31 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Well, they're a little bit disappointing, but overall I'm happy. What's up with the pictures? They seem a bit oversaturated with color. Shame they passed up the opportunity of giving Flash and Reverse Flash dual molded legs. Also what's up with Superman losing his iconic hair? :sceptic:

17 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

So are dual molded legs in licensed sets now a think of the past, given that not a single figure in this wave (and in the Justice League sets) has them?

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Too bad, we're expecting the same with Marvel sets. Oh my. Why do they gave to stop making dual molded legs when it's needed.

That Reverse flash look so boring tho it's nice to finally have him. Lobo is easy fix. 

Honestly, what is the obsession with dual-molded legs? 

Krypto Doo! 

All those powerbeams and blasts look awesome. I want the fire ones and the ice ones. I want Cheetah (to make a marvel Tigra sort of) 

I think i like the Lobo set the best. Great vehicle and Lobo looks outstanding. Not a fan of the dog, but i think you dc geeks will love him. 

I hope they use those beams and blasts in white as well for spiderman at some point. 

However we afols are becoming more and more in need of dualmoulded legs (and arms, but mostly legs). It would be great if lego will give us more of them and more choices. And without printing. I know we can get some from bnp, but it is not satisfying enough. 

14 minutes ago, Chewk said:

almost all the superheroes wear boots for some reason. The best way (the most beautifull too imho) is with dual moulding. 

That my friend, is our obsession. 

Edited by Borex

Just now, Chewk said:

It's like since they were introduced, people just want just about every single figure to have them