20 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Just saw Wonder Woman - positively gorgeous movie - and I'm kinda surprised at how off the set was with Ares' design?? I know the cow skull helmet has been seen in a lot of promo stuff, but his helmet looks infinitely more like the one from the comics. The lighting wasn't great so I can't make out the finer details, but that helmet is just simply wrong in a way that can only be blamed on some interesting concept art. 

How is the design what you're talking. I'm more focused on where LEGO got the idea that he was the size of Giantman!!!! 

I actually understand the design choice, because clearly it was based off a concept because Hasbro also had an action figure with the same design. But the size come on.... And even Steve Trevor with the plane is inaccurate. I ranted about this in the DC Cinematic Universe thread. 

Edited by Ashnflash

50 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:
*snippety doo da*

It's from @NinjaJayNuva actually

I quite like that Cyborg. And I (yet again) am going to just have to declare that Flash to be one of the greatest figs we've gotten in this theme! I neeeeeeed it!

48 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

How is the design what you're talking. I'm more focused on where LEGO got the idea that he was the size of Giantman!!!! 

I actually understand the design choice, because clearly it was based off a concept because Hasbro also had an action figure with the same design. But the size come on.... And even Steve Trevor with the plane is inaccurate. I ranted about this in the DC Cinematic Universe thread. 

It looked a lot more like this in silhouette, save for the big brush in the middle.

Spoiler

I think the size was mostly indicative of the bit in that fight where he got super big for a minute? It was probably something that was supposed to last a lot longer but changed, like the helmet.

I'd say the plane's inaccuracy has a lot to do with both avoiding spoilers and the heavier WWI imagery.

Spoiler

In hindsight, I'm not terribly sure which plane that's supposed to represent, honestly. 

Just saw Wonder Woman! It was an amazing film, and finally one on par with the Marvel Cinematic Universe ones. I'm going to be talking about set accuracy below, so beware of spoilers. 

Okay, so Ares looks very similar to his comic book counterpart. No skull helmet like the Lego set, he doesn't have orange fiery bits in his shoulders like he has in the set, and he definitely isn't the size of Giant-Man! He's a regular guy who's just a bit taller than Wonder Woman, maybe by a foot or two. I wish we had just gotten a normal minifigure with a new molded helmet, and the set could have focused around the poison gas compound. Kinda bummed that there's no figure of Doctor Poison, since I loved her and she would've made for a cool figure. I also would've liked a figure of Ares as a human, but since there was only one set that's a bit unrealistic. But even though Ares is entirely inaccurate, I still love the huge buildable figure and I will be buying the set soon. Also, the plane Steve Trevor is flying in the set is the one that crash lands on Themyscira, and he never flies a small plane like that again. Maybe the set should've been like $40 and included the big plane with the gas he dies on, along with Maru. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Isn't Steve Trevor's plane (in the set) an Eindecker?

Yes it is when he crashes on Themyscira. Not when Wonder Woman is fighting Ares.

He never actually helps in the fight either. Also technically speaking he never wore a pilot's helmet with goggles. I could be wrong but I never saw him. 

Overall this could be one the least accurate Super Hero sets ever made. 

10 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I mean, I'm no biologist, but it looked to me like he picked it up from an Arizona desert and stuck it on his head, so.. :grin:

I just saw those on his Instagram, and I'm pretty certain that's a new face. It almost looked like Rhodey's, but his doesn't smile. I'm anxious to see the full face print and how well it matches up with Ray Fisher, because I thought the normal Cyborg head already looked pretty good for him. It also just dawned on me that this Cyborg's helmet does have new printing! Not only is the dot a different color, but his eye is shaped differently, too! Nice attention to detail!

I liked the concept of the bone helmet though. But yeah the big minifig is inaccurate due to conceprt art. Imagine what the Ares minifig looks like if it was accurate. 

The cheekbones are nice touch. It looks like Ray Fisher to me. Wow I didn't notice the eye thing! Nice find!

Got back from Wonder Woman last night! Amazing movie! But WW Warrior Battle does't satisfy my needs to see something from the finale, so here's what I will make: (major spoilers)

Spoiler

I will make the large biplane Steve sacrifices himself on, complete with an opening door and a gas-bomb dropping function maybe represented by a upside-down 6 stud shooter,

The control tower where Diana kills Ludendorff and meets Ares, maybe with jumping and exploding functions

A small piece of the airstrip with some crates of the gas bombs and a exploding function

A brick built Ares that's a little bigger than a minifigure

For the minifigures:

Wonder Woman with sword, shield and the lasso (represented by a translucent orange chain)

Steve with pistol

One member of the group, maybe Chief since I have the short hair/black hat combo from the Lone Ranger sets

Ludendorff

A soldier

And of course, Patrick Morgan

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a purist Maru? I really would like to have her as a minifigure!

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Just saw Wonder Woman! It was an amazing film, and finally one on par with the Marvel Cinematic Universe ones. I'm going to be talking about set accuracy below, so beware of spoilers. 

Hide contents

Okay, so Ares looks very similar to his comic book counterpart. No skull helmet like the Lego set, he doesn't have orange fiery bits in his shoulders like he has in the set, and he definitely isn't the size of Giant-Man! He's a regular guy who's just a bit taller than Wonder Woman, maybe by a foot or two. I wish we had just gotten a normal minifigure with a new molded helmet, and the set could have focused around the poison gas compound. Kinda bummed that there's no figure of Doctor Poison, since I loved her and she would've made for a cool figure. I also would've liked a figure of Ares as a human, but since there was only one set that's a bit unrealistic. But even though Ares is entirely inaccurate, I still love the huge buildable figure and I will be buying the set soon. Also, the plane Steve Trevor is flying in the set is the one that crash lands on Themyscira, and he never flies a small plane like that again. Maybe the set should've been like $40 and included the big plane with the gas he dies on, along with Maru. 

Yeah a regular sized Ares! And if we would have gotten an accurate version, you can just put the head into a suit to make a Sir Patrick! I don't agree with Posion though. She was just a stereotypical over the top henchmen type villain. And most people disliked her in the film. 

Edited by BatofGotham

10 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Yes it is when he crashes on Themyscira. Not when Wonder Woman is fighting Ares.

Reveal hidden contents

He never actually helps in the fight either. Also technically speaking he never wore a pilot's helmet with goggles. I could be wrong but I never saw him. 

Overall this could be one the least accurate Super Hero sets ever made. 

At least it's a good design, and more accurate than a Flamethrower buggy! :laugh:

1 hour ago, BatofGotham said:

Yeah a regular sized Ares! And if we would have gotten an accurate version, you can just put the head into a suit to make a Sir Patrick! I don't agree with Posion though. She was just a stereotypical over the top henchmen type villain. And most people disliked her in the film. 

We've seen a lot of Wonder Woman this year for many products, and I expect to see more after the potential success of the DCEU film this weekend (like WW and Cheetah next year). So perhaps we could see a comic styled Ares in some comic or TV show based set in the future.

1 hour ago, BatofGotham said:

Maybe you should use spoiler tags, since not everyone has seen the film yet. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe you should use spoiler tags, since not everyone has seen the film yet. 

You mean Sir Patrick? David Thewlis's role got confirmed for months now

20 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

Reveal hidden contents

You mean Sir Patrick? David Thewlis's role got confirmed for months now

It's treated as a twist in the movie. Doesn't matter if it's been confirmed.

14 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

It's treated as a twist in the movie. Doesn't matter if it's been confirmed.

Sorry I thought everyone knew about it already

I think they've done a great job with the Wonder Woman set, considering with what they have to work with...
The movie is based around a modern day War (one of the biggest). LEGO have stuck to their guns in refusing to depict modern day violence/war in their sets and with the exception of Themyscira, which lets face it wont work as a stand alone set for the movie... There isn't really anything else they could've gone with.

The plane is pretty borderline for this and I'm guessing due to "flight" being a fairly new thing for this time period it is generically just a plane with a gun on top and not necessarily a war machine so to speak, where as the plane towards the end of the movie could be described as a machine built for war...

I'm guessing Ares (apart from knowing he was involved) was a huge secret to be kept and that DC/WB had learnt from the Doomsday spoilers in BvS, I don't recall seeing anything at all in the build up to the movie's release that matched what was shown... they've also got to somehow make the set interesting enough to buy and considering how the fight played out a giant buildable figure was the right choice... (he did kinda grow in power) otherwise you'd be stuck with 2 minifigs and nothing else...

I think TLG should have tried to include a minifg Ares in the WW Warrior Battle, or to add more variety they could have included Dr. Poison.

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

More Parademon pictures, this time a look at the wings-

Wow, they're pretty cool looking.

Those wings... I had a feeling before, but someone said you could manoeuvre them to be up or down... But those are totally the Hawkman/Space Bat style wings right?

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Wow, they're pretty cool looking.

Those wings... I had a feeling before, but someone said you could manoeuvre them to be up or down... But those are totally the Hawkman/Space Bat style wings right?

Yeah, they use the same bracket piece and wing material. They look awesome though, my favourite DC/Marvel army figures so far. I can't wait to see someone with dozens of them led by Darkseid approaching the League

Edited by Duncan Young

12 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

I liked the concept of the bone helmet though. But yeah the big minifig is inaccurate due to conceprt art. Imagine what the Ares minifig looks like if it was accurate. 

The cheekbones are nice touch. It looks like Ray Fisher to me. Wow I didn't notice the eye thing! Nice find!

Oh yeah, it was a really cool idea, and it would've been a little more memorable I think, but I'm not gonna complain about someone sticking to the source material's design for once :grin:

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

More Parademon pictures, this time a look at the wings-

35027194536_1a69aae742_b.jpg

Oh, these are SO NICE!! I'm glad they kept them so vivid, that way they'll get some use outside of just Justice League movie builds. It'll be really nice to mix and match the parts a bit to get something closer to the design from the comics, too! It's so nice to see generic soldier figures getting some love put into them! I actually just watched BvS again last night and I never appreciated the Parademons in that one as much as I should; they're so freaky and cool and terrifying in the way they look and move. It's gonna be so much fun seeing the League tear through these guys, and potentially more fun to recreate the League tearing through them!