12 minutes ago, FortNerd said:

clam shell pieces in green? huh?

Jokerland, 76035  :wink:

LEGO 76035 Jokerland Poison Ivy

1 hour ago, bobasdad said:

Does it bother anyone else that the windscreen piece that comes with the book isn't transparent green?

Arg. It didn't until you said something about it. :wink:  Not too big a deal though. The rest of the ship looks neat enough, and John looks awesome. Of course, I agree that it could use dual-molded legs, but it's not a deal-breaker. I'm very curious to see the price. Did I just not notice it?  EDIT: 17.99 pounds. Now for the US price...  EDIT 2: $24.99 US, currently available for pre-order for $16.50.

9 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Just realized that the book doesn't come with parts, so I guess I'll be picking up the figure on BrickLink. 

It does come with the parts to build the spaceship.

Edited by rob-ot5000

The Green Lantern book looks cool the only thing is that I don't like that there's not dual molded legs. Otherwise, the book looks great!! :sweet:

3 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Arg. It didn't until you said something about it. :wink:  Not too big a deal though. The rest of the ship looks neat enough, and John looks awesome. Of course, I agree that it could use dual-molded legs, but it's not a deal-breaker. I'm very curious to see the price. Did I just not notice it?  EDIT: 17.99 pounds. Now for the US price...  EDIT 2: $24.99 US, currently available for pre-order for $16.50.

It does come with the parts to build the spaceship.

Oh, it does? That's great! I'll definitely get the book then. 

6 hours ago, bobasdad said:

Does it bother anyone else that the windscreen piece that comes with the book isn't transparent green?

Well we have gotten it in green before. But yea, it is unfortunate.

The justice League minifigs all look neat. They will probably end up replacing the old minifig I used for the league. Cyborg will go with the titans. Not sure what I'll do with the older figures in my collection though...

10 hours ago, bobasdad said:

It's actually such a good build it distracted that from  me at first! :laugh:

On 5/5/2017 at 2:54 AM, BatofGotham said:

Well the suit he has right now is perfectly fine for me and a lot of people. It really nails the Kryptonian essence but still captures the iconic look. And it's really a nice modern take on Superman. The color of that suit is actually brighter in real life the Zack Snyder filter just makes it look like dark. Well he does have a belt...kinda. As for the lego head I prefer a smirk just like in that SDCC Justice League group shot.

I could go for a nice smirk head with those cheekbones! Never considered that as an option. His "belt" in the movie doesn't seem to do anything in terms of color balance, doesn't really make sense as a belt, and just kinda awkwardly draws attention to his crotch, imo. 

I'm hoping that comes with the parts for more than just the ship build. At least an extra two builds using those parts, Creator-style, would be super nice. Either way, the parts provided should make for a great opportunity for even more cool Lantern constructs!

On 5/5/2017 at 10:35 PM, rome00150 said:

The justice League minifigs all look neat. They will probably end up replacing the old minifig I used for the league. Cyborg will go with the titans. Not sure what I'll do with the older figures in my collection though...

I've been making displays for the different versions of the League. One mostly New 52 as my main Justice League, the DCEU Justice League, and the team from the late 90s so far! 

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

His "belt" in the movie doesn't seem to do anything in terms of color balance, doesn't really make sense as a belt, and just kinda awkwardly draws attention to his crotch, imo.

Wrong thread, I know, but quoted for truth!

Strangely, the Flying Fox is REALLY growing on me, to the point that I want it.

Though if it is the same price as the Ultimate Batmobile, forget it! I'd take $200 RRP at most.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:28 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

It's actually such a good build it distracted that from  me at first! :laugh:

Same here sort of.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Strangely, the Flying Fox is REALLY growing on me, to the point that I want it.

Though if it is the same price as the Ultimate Batmobile, forget it! I'd take $200 RRP at most.

I would definitely spend $130 on the LBM Ultimate Batmobile over the Flying Fox, primarily because of the Ultimate Batmobile build quality and the fact that it comes with THREE trans-yellow X-Wing canopies (part no. 21849)!

6 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I've been making displays for the different versions of the League. One mostly New 52 as my main Justice League, the DCEU Justice League, and the team from the late 90s so far! 

Hmm I could do something like that. Most of my minifigs are probably going to be displayed in small MOC sets. I want to make a Darkseid battle scene with a team similar to the DCAU one.

On 5/5/2017 at 4:40 AM, BatofGotham said:

Jangbricks uploaded his review on that lego post-convergence wonder woman redesign figure. The figure looks kinda nice but there aren't side prints for the shoulder pads and that sideblade thingy

Its pretty good, the new expressions (including that not before seen annoyed one) are perhaps the best part of the figure, especially for who don't care for the post convergence design, though maybe the head could be adopted by future Wonder Woman figures.

The figure was probably chosen for the book since its the character's 75th anniversary this year. I think a first appearance design would though be much more appropriate for the occasion, but not preferable for kids buying the book who would like a cooler, armored look for the character.

On 5/7/2017 at 8:39 AM, rome00150 said:

Hmm I could do something like that. Most of my minifigs are probably going to be displayed in small MOC sets. I want to make a Darkseid battle scene with a team similar to the DCAU one.

Ooo, that sounds rad! I'd love to see those when you get to them! 

6 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Nice! Is that a new helmet mold?

I think so, this gives me hope for a new helmet for Captain America. 

Damn that is beautiful. It would look better with arm printing on it. Wish the cowl has some kind of printing in it and for the head to have some kind of resemblance to Ezra Miller like his cheek bones. But overall is good dor what it is

Edited by BatofGotham

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Flash minifigure! 

Not bad! The only problem l have with is that the side bolts look like they have been molded on, not printed. This has now limited the mold to exclusive usage only for DCEU Flash. :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think so, this gives me hope for a new helmet for Captain America. 

Oh, I didn't think of that!

I just finished lamenting the mold's limitations, but unless the mold is licenced to WB, it could be used for that!