$130 for the largest JL set?! That's quite surprising... It's been a while we got such an expensive regular-release Superheroes set, eh.

9 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

$130 for the largest JL set?! That's quite surprising... It's been a while we got such an expensive regular-release Superheroes set, eh.

Closest we've gotten in non-d2c  is 76035  Jokerland at 119 bucks.  

76035-1.jpg?201505291100

Any chance for a Hall of Justice?? I have no idea if that building is in the new DC cinematic universe. It seems a bit too triumphant for the grungy tones thus far :( But that's all I could see myself buying for that price :/

8 minutes ago, d-delay said:

Any chance for a Hall of Justice??

I wish! (I live in Cincinnati, home to the building it's based on.) But no, it's almost guaranteed to be the Flying Fox.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

6 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I wish! (I live in Cincinnati, home to the building it's based on.) But no, it's almost guaranteed to be the Flying Fox.

*tragic sigh* (pun intended)

I would love a more significant DC playset too @just2good, beyond the very important but multitudinous batcaves. But I guess with the Hall not featuring prominently in any current media the chances are slim to none. One day...

First the lego batman movie sets, and now we are getting 3 JL sets and one of them is 130 dollars! Rest in piece my wallet. This raises the chances of getting more side characters like Mera, Alfred, and Commisionor Gordon even throughout the sets. Fingers crossed

Edited by Thelegodan

If the flying fox is as big as it sounds then hopefully it can store the batmobile and the other Leaguers. The middle set could be the when they are in the Water Ventilation thing where they found the Parademon nest and an action scene begins. Batman uses a spider like vehicle in that scene and is alongside Wonder Woman,Flash and Cybord but it seems Aquaman appears later in that fight. And finally the smallest set could perhaps be the rooftop scene between Gordon,Batman,WW,Flash and Cyborg discussing the missing scientists. But i think theyll reduce the characters in that set

So if its US $130 . That means in AUS it will be bout  $200? And should have about 1200 pieces? What you think Jackattacks? 

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

So if its US $130 . That means in AUS it will be bout  $200? And should have about 1200 pieces? What you think Jackattacks? 

@JACKATTACKS

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

Anybody who's in NY toy fair, are there any JL sets on display?

Or the Wonder Woman set?

Given how warm the reception to the Spiderman sets were, let's hope that the better team of designers were working on the DC sets so that we get good sets :)

38 minutes ago, IMBATMAN said:

Given how warm the reception to the Spiderman sets were, let's hope that the better team of designers were working on the DC sets so that we get good sets :)

Meh,looking at the GotG 2 and Spidy Homecoming sets I don't have high hopes.But I do hope they deliver with the minifigures.

5 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Meh,looking at the GotG 2 and Spidy Homecoming sets I don't have high hopes.But I do hope they deliver with the minifigures.

I think Dc have been giving lego longer lead times than Marvel does.   If that's the case then we should be better off.

So far the 3 JL minifigures we've seen appear to be accurate.

I think the 2 larger gotg sets are fantastic. the largest homecoming set is completely fine (just the vulture minifigure sucks)

@deskpagreed, and since all the main JL members have looked really good (at least on the box art) I have quite a bit of faith in them to make some stellar JL sets. Especially the 130 dollar one

I think the sets will be fine. From my perspective, making these sets great is a requirement. Given the controversy behind the DCEU, Lego can't solely rely on the property to sell itself. Spider-Man / GOTG V.2 sets on the other hand, absolutely. Those properties are way too popular with consumers that Lego doesn't really have to put as much exertion into them, because they'll be purchased regardless if the builds are decent, or even if the films they're based on aren't well received. (Fat chance of that though) 

Justice League on the other hand, at least I would assume, is very sketchy territory for investors. If it flops, there's no way casual consumers would purchase garbage builds with decent minifigures. They'll put their money towards something else. Look at prior movie sets from Lego, particularly the one's that only get one wave of sets. Lone Ranger comes to mind, as those sets were really awesome. The movie not so much, but Lego put a lot of resources into those sets because they had no idea if the movie would be that good where the sets would sell themselves. Even GOTG 1 sets were way more masterfully crafted than the latest ones; Lego just didn't know if their sets would sell if the builds themselves were bland.

I suppose it's just a matter of being comfortable with the particular theme, something Lego clearly exercises with Marvel. It's such a household franchise that they probably don't really care as much.

But that's something they cannot afford when it comes to this Justice League movie. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if BvS took a lot of manufactures by storm, as a title and concept like that would surely make money. But, it probably wasn't what they anticipated or hoped even to sell.

I'm expecting high quality stuff in order for the sets to stand on their own.  

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

1 hour ago, deskp said:

I think Dc have been giving lego longer lead times than Marvel does.   If that's the case then we should be better off.

So far the 3 JL minifigures we've seen appear to be accurate.

I think the 2 larger gotg sets are fantastic. the largest homecoming set is completely fine (just the vulture minifigure sucks)

Supes and Wonder Woman didnt change suits at all and its kinda dissapointing that they havent changed the batman figure (based on what we know right now) his standard suit is kinda similar to the bvs one but th Tactical suit is fantastic. They've been promoting taht suit a lot especially in Statues and pops and I'd like to see it minifig form. The Flash minig is kinda on the lighter side unlike in the movie which is dark red and shiny. Havent seen enough on Aquaman and Cyborg to judge

Just now, BatofGotham said:

Supes and Wonder Woman didnt change suits at all and its kinda dissapointing that they havent changed the batman figure (based on what we know right now) his standard suit is kinda similar to the bvs one but th Tactical suit is fantastic. They've been promoting taht suit a lot especially in Statues and pops and I'd like to see it minifig form. The Flash minig is kinda on the lighter side unlike in the movie which is dark red and shiny. Havent seen enough on Aquaman and Cyborg to judge

Can almost guarantee we get tactical batman minifigure.   The merchandise has been promoting flash as bright red with dark red details, so lego is following that.

Technically, if they make the Flying Fox and it is fairly accurate to the descriptions, it would be both a "vehicle" AND a playset, although I doubt it will get that big.

24 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Technically, if they make the Flying Fox and it is fairly accurate to the descriptions, it would be both a "vehicle" AND a playset, although I doubt it will get that big.

Key point to remember is Steppenwolf.

If he's a big-fig then that can add to the price.

We're still talking about the girls sets here right? Because they look spectacular! The Eclipso, or should I say Eclipsa set looks awesome! Looks very Hall of Doom-esque.