DC may be slacking on new character selection this time around, but they've still got Marvel beat on comic-accurate characters for sure - can a comic-accurate Avengers team even be put together yet?

Nevermind, I need to stay more updated with Dimensions apparently.. 

Edited by Zergos

6 minutes ago, Zergos said:

So I was browsing Ebay, and came across this Lois Lane fig. Idk if it's real or not, I figured I'd bring it here. What do you guys think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-LEGO-Batman-movie-LOIS-LANE-MiniFigure-New-minif-dc-/291962815382?hash=item43fa570396:g:440AAOSwA3dYRKNc

The ebay seller has quite a few of the lego batman movie figs already, so that makes me somewhat trust it. 

I think that's the new Hermione Granger for Lego DImensions.

6 hours ago, retrotaco said:

DC may be slacking on new character selection this time around, but they've still got Marvel beat on comic-accurate characters for sure - can a comic-accurate Avengers team even be put together yet?

Roughly. There's no classic Wasp or Ant Man though. I think both Marvel and DC are doing a pretty good job lately though on minifigs. Builds tend to vary..

1 hour ago, Zergos said:

So I was browsing Ebay, and came across this Lois Lane fig. Idk if it's real or not, I figured I'd bring it here. What do you guys think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-LEGO-Batman-movie-LOIS-LANE-MiniFigure-New-minif-dc-/291962815382?hash=item43fa570396:g:440AAOSwA3dYRKNc

The ebay seller has quite a few of the lego batman movie figs already, so that makes me somewhat trust it. 

Doubt that it's real. As far as I know, that head hasn't been used since 2011 and Lois hasn't been confirmed for the movie. Don't think it's a new Hermione either, because Hermione has brown hair. It ships from a town around 20 minutes away from me and trust me, nothing here in Michigan is ever released early and I've never heard of anyone here getting their hands on something like that. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

20 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

That is Hermione. She's been in 2 promotional videos for Dimensions already. 

Oh ok thats my bad then. Haven't really looked at Dimensions recently. Sorry about that. 

1 hour ago, Zergos said:

Oh ok thats my bad then. Haven't really looked at Dimensions recently. Sorry about that. 

Lol it isn't your fault. I know the hair piece threw some other people off too. Plus the person titled the ad for Louis Lane :grin:

10 hours ago, retrotaco said:

As nice as comic accuracy is, I'd much rather have the character in some form than not at all. Marvel's pulling characters that debuted within the less 10 years while DC has given us just past the bare minimum in terms of iconic DC characters. Marvel's over there doing Scarlet Spider and Hyperion while we can't even get Atom or Firestorm despite them starring in a pretty successful television series. It's just such a bummer to be going an entire year without a single new hero, especially when they're not even scratching that many pre-existing itches in the villain department (save for Ares, Clayface, Bizarro, and Doomsday). I'm really hoping that DC has one really big surprise up its sleeve for this year, as unlikely as that is.

That's Hermione?? Wow. I'm a huge fan of the new torso but not the hair. Anyway, I do hope that we get some new DC heroes soon too. I really want a Firestorm and the Ghost Rider head piece would work well for Firestorm too. 

12 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

As nice as comic accuracy is, I'd much rather have the character in some form than not at all. Marvel's pulling characters that debuted within the less 10 years while DC has given us just past the bare minimum in terms of iconic DC characters. Marvel's over there doing Scarlet Spider and Hyperion while we can't even get Atom or Firestorm despite them starring in a pretty successful television series. It's just such a bummer to be going an entire year without a single new hero, especially when they're not even scratching that many pre-existing itches in the villain department (save for Ares, Clayface, Bizarro, and Doomsday). I'm really hoping that DC has one really big surprise up its sleeve for this year, as unlikely as that is.

Oh for sure - as a super Batman fan, this year has/will be fantastic, but as a general DC Comics fan, it's been kinda dismal, lol - how long will we have to wait for another of the remaining like 7 Green Lanterns?  I just want Kyle Rayner... (and not as White Lantern lol)

7 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Oh for sure - as a super Batman fan, this year has/will be fantastic, but as a general DC Comics fan, it's been kinda dismal, lol - how long will we have to wait for another of the remaining like 7 Green Lanterns?  I just want Kyle Rayner... (and not as White Lantern lol)

I'd settle for John Stewart or Kilowog on that front. I just hope we get another really good DC wave after this year. Maybe if Justice League Action does well enough we'll start to see some sets come out of that. They've got a really great variety of characters going for them with generally comic-accurate designs. It's a little early to talk about 2018, I know, but I guess my point is that 2017 looks really good for obscure villains and alternate designs, but pretty lame for desired characters on the minifig front and they definitely need to make up for that in the near future. 

17 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'd settle for John Stewart or Kilowog on that front. I just hope we get another really good DC wave after this year. Maybe if Justice League Action does well enough we'll start to see some sets come out of that. They've got a really great variety of characters going for them with generally comic-accurate designs. It's a little early to talk about 2018, I know, but I guess my point is that 2017 looks really good for obscure villains and alternate designs, but pretty lame for desired characters on the minifig front and they definitely need to make up for that in the near future. 

Sounds like sets based off JLAction would be probably likely, weren't most of Marvel's initial non-MCU sets all based off that Spider-Man cartoon? and most of those costumes seemed pretty accurate to the comics as well, or at least close enough for rock n roll lol

On 12/6/2016 at 4:15 PM, retrotaco said:

Sounds like sets based off JLAction would be probably likely, weren't most of Marvel's initial non-MCU sets all based off that Spider-Man cartoon? and most of those costumes seemed pretty accurate to the comics as well, or at least close enough for rock n roll lol

They were based on Ultimate Spider-Man and loosely on Avengers Assemble, yeah. The first 3 episodes of JLA are online and feature Parasite, Firestorm, and Lobo in terms of likely characters we haven't seen yet. The villain lineup has been impressive enough to make me Google things and Batman's just barely in 2 episodes so far, so we could get some really great stuff out of this. I hope they treat it like Avengers Assemble and try not to stylize them too much, mostly just focus on getting the characters from the show in sets.

First look at Mr Freeze torso print, thanks to Griffin Blackwell on flickr!

Mr. Freeze

Edited by Tygurah

4 minutes ago, Tygurah said:

First look at Mr Freeze torso print, thanks to Griffin Blackwell on flickr!

Way much better than TLBM Freeze. Just my thought. Peace out.

I'm not as fond as of Freeze's torso as the Arkham City-esque design from before, but that head is undoubtedly the best we've gotten, and I can't wait to get my hands on this fig.

I reckon they make the Juniors figures so good and exclusive, just so the AFOLs will go out of their ways to get them. That Freeze torso is really... cool (pun intended) and the goggle head print...... Sooo nice to have a new updated version. Gonna get this set to try the head out with 2013 and LBM Freeze bodys

50 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I reckon they make the Juniors figures so good and exclusive, just so the AFOLs will go out of their ways to get them. That Freeze torso is really... cool (pun intended) and the goggle head print...... Sooo nice to have a new updated version. Gonna get this set to try the head out with 2013 and LBM Freeze bodys

Agreed. First the Goblin, then Power Armor Lex, and then this. And yeah, I'm gonna combine 2013 Freeze's body with this one's head.

If anybody has both of these figs could you post a picture of the combo described please? :classic:

I think I'm gonna use the 2013 Freeze body, domed helmet from TLBMovie, and this new head.  I think all of them together will really make the most iconic look for him, can't wait to pick a set up. Still need to get the Power Suit Lex Juniors set too, before they disappear!