Should we expect more sets that remain unannounced or only the ones listed on the front page? I was expecting Wonder Woman movie sets along with JL movie sets.

Should we expect more sets that remain unannounced or only the ones listed on the front page? I was expecting Wonder Woman movie sets along with JL movie sets.

Summer news should come around November or December. :sweet:

Summer news should come around November or December.

That's an improvement from this year, where we began receiving tidbits of information in late January, and images only a couple weeks later.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Summer news should come around November or December. :sweet:

Consdiering Wonder Woman and Justice League are DC Movies, would the same situations with BvS occur where we dont get preliminary pictures just actual pictures about a month before the release of the movie?

ok, couple of things... Krypto? But no Streaky? pshaw! Mini-dolls not Minifigures? "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" and finally...the Batgirl and Harley in the Joker's Lowrider are fine.

I kinda have this feeling that just like the regular DC wave we get in the winter wave which was replaced by Lego Batman movie sets that could mean we might not get a summer wave for Wonder Woman. considering the fact that we are getting a summer wave of Lego Batman movies like 4 or 5 of them. So we might not get Wonder Woman movie sets. But I hope I am wrong.

...Wonder Woman sets...

Certainly not sets, as in multiples. I'd expect only one, and that's if we're lucky...

Edited by Sir Gareth

I don't think it would be too much of an issue in this case as aren't Hanna-Barbera characters are now owned by WB/DC?

Still sounds like a heck of a lot of red tape to go through just to put a dog's head on a human body.

Didn't mean from the show, hardly iconic lol. I'd like a classic outfit Katana, Bumblebee, Miss Martian, Star Sapphire, Hawkgirl, Cheetah, Killer Frost, Amanda Waller, Granny Goodness, Lady Shiva, Big Barda, and all the Male characters we haven't gotten yet. Most of those aren't too far down the rabbit hole for LEGO.

A lot of those characters are barely in the show, but I'm sure that we'll wind up seeing Miss Martian, Hawkgirl, Cheetah, and Killer Frost sooner than later. If I were you, I'd start looking forward to the JLA cartoon, that's gonna get us a lot of variety in our sets.

I kinda have this feeling that just like the regular DC wave we get in the winter wave which was replaced by Lego Batman movie sets that could mean we might not get a summer wave for Wonder Woman. considering the fact that we are getting a summer wave of Lego Batman movies like 4 or 5 of them. So we might not get Wonder Woman movie sets. But I hope I am wrong.

I'm willing to bet that if the Dark Knight Rises can get a set, and that Ant-Man and Doctor Strange can get sets over on the Marvel side of things, we can definitely fit one good Wonder Woman set in there. This is the first major female-led superhero movie of the decade, so the merchandising is really going to be held to high standards and will likely set the bar for future female-led blockbusters. I'd say that if they don't do a Wonder Woman set, the Internet on the whole is going to get very, very upset. The good news is, usually those mid-sized "you only get one" movie-based sets are really good, so there's something to look forward to.

I really don't understand why there have been so few sets for the movies. BvS only got 3, whereas Civil War got like 6, and you guys are guessing we only get 1, if any, for Wonder Woman. And of course Suicide Squad didn't get anything.

I really don't understand why there have been so few sets for the movies. BvS only got 3, whereas Civil War got like 6, and you guys are guessing we only get 1, if any, for Wonder Woman. And of course Suicide Squad didn't get anything.

Ummmm Civil War got 4 and Suicide Squad unofficially got 2....... Also people are thinking that if we get a Wonder Woman set it will just be one like Marvel has been getting with Doctor Strange and Antman.

Edited by Ashnflash

I think DC's movies don't lend themselves to sets quite as well. The only real missed set opportunity for BvS was Doomsday, but there really wouldn't be much there to build, and I doubt too many kids would be interested in a set where Superman stands in the middle of an exploding government building lol Civil War, on the other hand, had a dozen action pieces and characters. Suicide Squad sort of got sets, with the Deadshot and Killer Croc sets, but you can't exactly market a product to kids with the word "suicide" on it without getting some nasty letters. Justice League will definitely get plenty of sets with 6 heroes, a colorful (in the metaphorical sense) villain, and a nice swarm of generic goons in the Parademons.

No Marvel movie sets were made until the Avengers. I believe those were some of the first LEGO Marvel sets too.

Only 5 Marvel movies have had more than one set and only Ant-Man and Doctor Strange have had one set. Give it time. If these sell well (and of course they will) then we'll probably see more for each movie.

No Marvel movie sets were made until the Avengers. I believe those were some of the first LEGO Marvel sets too.

Only 5 Marvel movies have had more than one set and only Ant-Man and Doctor Strange have had one set. Give it time. If these sell well (and of course they will) then we'll probably see more for each movie.

Agreed. While I would like more DCEU stuff down the road, there have been only three movies so far, two of which were represented, and one was unofficially incorporated despite being a less child-friendly source. The MCU has had more movies, and not all were included (the first two Iron Man, Thor, and Cap movies, and Hulk's only titular outing), not to mention that the less child-friendly entries, Daredevil and Jessica Jones, haven't even received unofficial inclusions. I don't think there's any weird bias; Lego makes what they figure (no pun intended) will sell.

ok, couple of things... Krypto? But no Streaky? pshaw! Mini-dolls not Minifigures? "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" and finally...the Batgirl and Harley in the Joker's Lowrider are fine.

:cry_happy: Streaky the super cat. :cry_happy: I was disappointed but not surprised by the lack of streaky in cw super girl.

maybe will get a lego streaky next wave (I hope).

Can anyone who watches the show tell me what role steaky plays in any.

Still sounds like a heck of a lot of red tape to go through just to put a dog's head on a human body.

A lot of those characters are barely in the show, but I'm sure that we'll wind up seeing Miss Martian, Hawkgirl, Cheetah, and Killer Frost sooner than later. If I were you, I'd start looking forward to the JLA cartoon, that's gonna get us a lot of variety in our sets.

I'm willing to bet that if the Dark Knight Rises can get a set, and that Ant-Man and Doctor Strange can get sets over on the Marvel side of things, we can definitely fit one good Wonder Woman set in there. This is the first major female-led superhero movie of the decade, so the merchandising is really going to be held to high standards and will likely set the bar for future female-led blockbusters. I'd say that if they don't do a Wonder Woman set, the Internet on the whole is going to get very, very upset. The good news is, usually those mid-sized "you only get one" movie-based sets are really good, so there's something to look forward to.

Well first off Wonder Woman is not as big as Batman or Superman. The younger generation didn't know who half the Justice League was until BVS. A lot of kids did not know who Wonder Woman or The Flash was until BVS. Because when you think about it WB has been Marketing only Batman and Superman stuff over the last 3 to 4 decades, The Younger Generation before BVS only knew who Batman and Superman were. I think the Wonder Woman movie merchandising will be more marketed to girls the way Batman V Superman was more marketed to boys. As for getting a Wonder Woman set the chances are very slim but hey if we don't get one Wonder Woman set then she will be in Justice League so if we get Justice League sets then she will most likely be in those. Its just right now it seems like Justice League will be DC's big movie next year. Because this is the first time we are getting The Justice League in Live action on the Big Screen. we already saw Wonder Woman in BVS this year. But those are just my thoughts.

Well first off Wonder Woman is not as big as Batman or Superman. The younger generation didn't know who half the Justice League was until BVS. A lot of kids did not know who Wonder Woman or The Flash was until BVS. Because when you think about it WB has been Marketing only Batman and Superman stuff over the last 3 to 4 decades, The Younger Generation before BVS only knew who Batman and Superman were. I think the Wonder Woman movie merchandising will be more marketed to girls the way Batman V Superman was more marketed to boys. As for getting a Wonder Woman set the chances are very slim but hey if we don't get one Wonder Woman set then she will be in Justice League so if we get Justice League sets then she will most likely be in those. Its just right now it seems like Justice League will be DC's big movie next year. Because this is the first time we are getting The Justice League in Live action on the Big Screen. we already saw Wonder Woman in BVS this year. But those are just my thoughts.

And kids just lose it over Killer Moth and Blue Beetle? Besides, if we're supposed to expect kids to only buy sets if they recognized the characters before there was a major motion picture then we'd never get anything. If Ant-Man can get a set, Wonder Woman oughta be getting twenty, but one has to be certain. I'd say that they're going to follow Ghostbusters' marketing and merchandising strategy: f*** gender specificity. They sold those toys with packaging and ads that were gender-neutral, just focusing on the license, and they actually sold significantly more than was expected. LEGO followed that, too, making a Ghostbusters set for the movie that was sold alongside the main line of sets and with minifigures, not minidolls. We have precedent for this from Warner Brothers, too: there were a good handful of Wonder Woman-themed toys for BvS that were sold in the same sort of packaging and right alongside all the rest of the BvS merch. So yeah, no, there's no way we won't get one single Wonder Woman movie set sold alongside the rest of the DC Superheroes wave.

Sorry, that was a little aggressive.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Will the DC Superhero Girls sets be discussed here? It would appear that Lego is treating it as a distinct theme from "DC Super Heroes" which makes sense given the different format of the figures.

I don't have a problem in principle with minidolls, but sometimes the prints end up looking weird. E.g. Christoff from Frozen looks like he's wearing spandex instead of thick woolen clothes. But that could work in favor of a superhero themed line. I am not terribly fond of the fixed wrists though, you can't pose as much. Either way, can't wait to see what these will look like! 6 sets in the line is a big investment, so Lego must believe this will be a successful line, and my kids love the show they'll be excited too.

Edited by linnormlord

Sorry, this probably belongs more in the 2016 thread, but since that thread is more or less dead, I thought I'd get a better answer on this one. Has there been any info on those dreaded Target cubes yet? I'd personally like to know what DC figure I'm missing out on this year :-(

And kids just lose it over Killer Moth and Blue Beetle? Besides, if we're supposed to expect kids to only buy sets if they recognized the characters before there was a major motion picture then we'd never get anything. If Ant-Man can get a set, Wonder Woman oughta be getting twenty, but one has to be certain. I'd say that they're going to follow Ghostbusters' marketing and merchandising strategy: f*** gender specificity. They sold those toys with packaging and ads that were gender-neutral, just focusing on the license, and they actually sold significantly more than was expected. LEGO followed that, too, making a Ghostbusters set for the movie that was sold alongside the main line of sets and with minifigures, not minidolls. We have precedent for this from Warner Brothers, too: there were a good handful of Wonder Woman-themed toys for BvS that were sold in the same sort of packaging and right alongside all the rest of the BvS merch. So yeah, no, there's no way we won't get one single Wonder Woman movie set sold alongside the rest of the DC Superheroes wave.

Sorry, that was a little aggressive.

Actually The Ghostbusters toys didn't sell well. those articles were lying because those toys were all on clearance. Even the Lego set for GB 2016 didn't sell well there are tons of them on the toy isle. no one is buying them But also they forgot to mention That The GHOSTBUSTERS 1984 TOYS were also in that line as well so that probably what was selling. BVS's stuff was still mainly marketed to boys. there were a few like 4 or 5 wonder woman toys but most of the stuff was marketed to boys. But also to point out that the toys for GB 2016 were marketed towards boys which is weird. just look at the toys most of them had a picture of a boy on them. Wonder Woman shouldn't get 20 sets not even Superman has gotten that many sets. Wonder Woman is not as big as Batman and she will never be. Besides you have to understand marketing toys like Batman and Hot wheels to boys or Barbie and Lego friends to girls helps them with sales. Most boys are not interested in Barbie just like Most girls are not interested in Superheroes. I saw once that some stupid feminists were getting mad because they want Hasbro to market GI Joe to girls as well but just because they found 2 girls out of 100 million girls that like GI Joe does not mean they should market it to girls. 90% of the people buying Star Wars, Marvel and DC are male. The majority of the market for Superheroes is boys. But you can buy whatever you want its just don't be going around and saying they should market this to these people or this group people just because there are 2 people that like it. Wonder Woman is cool but she is not as big or as popular as Batman or even Superman. Marketing toys like Batman to boys or Barbie to girls is good and it should stay that way considering 90% of the people that buy Batman are male and 90% of the people that buy barbie are female. They make it seems like there are 100 million girls that want a Rey or Batman action figure when in reality its just 2 girls. Wonder Woman only needs 1 set. she does not need a full wave. Plus with TLBM I doubt Lego would make two waves for LBM then one wave for WW and then one wave for JL. plus not mention the Mighty Micros and DC superhero girls waves. But no you didn't sound angry or anything you are fine its just i am trying to prove a point. Edited by BatmanFanboy

Actually The Ghostbusters toys didn't sell well. those articles were lying because those toys were all on clearance. Even the Lego set for GB 2016 didn't sell well there are tons of them on the toy isle. no one is buying them But also they forgot to mention That The GHOSTBUSTERS 1984 TOYS were also in that line as well so that probably what was selling. BVS's stuff was still mainly marketed to boys. there were a few like 4 or 5 wonder woman toys but most of the stuff was marketed to boys. But also to point out that the toys for GB 2016 were marketed towards boys which is weird. just look at the toys most of them had a picture of a boy on them. Wonder Woman shouldn't get 20 sets not even Superman has gotten that many sets. Wonder Woman is not as big as Batman and she will never be. Besides you have to understand marketing toys like Batman and Hot wheels to boys or Barbie and Lego friends to girls helps them with sales. Most boys are not interested in Barbie just like Most girls are not interested in Superheroes. I saw once that some stupid feminists were getting mad because they want Hasbro to market GI Joe to girls as well but just because they found 2 girls out of 100 million girls that like GI Joe does not mean they should market it to girls. 90% of the people buying Star Wars, Marvel and DC are male. The majority of the market for Superheroes is boys. But you can buy whatever you want its just don't be going around and saying they should market this to these people or this group people just because there are 2 people that like it. Wonder Woman is cool but she is not as big or as popular as Batman or even Superman. Marketing toys like Batman to boys or Barbie to girls is good and it should stay that way considering 90% of the people that buy Batman are male and 90% of the people that buy barbie are female. They make it seems like there are 100 million girls that want a Rey or Batman action figure when in reality its just 2 girls. Wonder Woman only needs 1 set. she does not need a full wave. Plus with TLBM I doubt Lego would make two waves for LBM then one wave for WW and then one wave for JL. plus not mention the Mighty Micros and DC superhero girls waves. But no you didn't sound angry or anything you are fine its just i am trying to prove a point.

I don't even know where to start with this. /sigh/

Leaks on Taobao, the Chinese version of ebay.

Huh, maybe we'll get some leaks soon. I remember last year people were going crazy trying to find them and finding out the DCPI numbers.