Hulk Smash said that they are minifigures not minidolls.

oh ok thank you for confirming it. but will it still be like Lego Friends and Lego Elves? you know like very Girly?

oh ok thank you for confirming it. but will it still be like Lego Friends and Lego Elves? you know like very Girly?

I'm guessing a better looking invisible jet and maybe an actual school, blue, tan, lavender colors, I dunno.

Oh, my little sister is going to love this... she's a big fan of superhero stuff, and here's a line of sets that have a whole bunch of female characters that aren't minidolls! I don't know anyone IRL who actually does like them. And if they're good sets on their own, I might pick up a few. I want a normal comic Wonder Woman... I missed the Lex Mech set from 2012, and she's only appeared in expensive sets which I don't want since then.

Watch the show, it'll try to be a representation of that tone presumably.

I want a normal comic Wonder Woman... I missed the Lex Mech set from 2012, and she's only appeared in expensive sets which I don't want since then.

You could pick up the Dimensions Fun Pack. They're often on sale for about 7 bucks.

Oh, my little sister is going to love this... she's a big fan of superhero stuff, and here's a line of sets that have a whole bunch of female characters that aren't minidolls! I don't know anyone IRL who actually does like them. And if they're good sets on their own, I might pick up a few. I want a normal comic Wonder Woman... I missed the Lex Mech set from 2012, and she's only appeared in expensive sets which I don't want since then.

Most of the target audience likes mini dolls, which is why they continue to use them in Friends and Elves.

Wonder Woman will be based off her high school version, which I guess is pretty close to the comics.

Watch the show, it'll try to be a representation of that tone presumably.

Disney Princess....

I'm guessing a better looking invisible jet and maybe an actual school, blue, tan, lavender colors, I dunno.

The invisible jet isn't in the show yet, there's a bat jet though and it's purple. The school has a giant pink diamond on the top so that'll be the girly part.

Most of the target audience likes mini dolls, which is why they continue to use them in Friends and Elves.

Do they really? Or are they just stuck with what they've been given? I'm willing to bet that a lot of the success for those sets comes down to little girls who want LEGO coupled with parents and grandparents who wouldn't dare let them step outside the pink aisle, or bought them as gifts because it's pink and of course that means she'll like it, or that both of those things over the course of several years have ultimately resulted in girls who've accepted those cultural fences built around them and continue to feed into the gender-biased market. But that's just a theory..

I've kept up with the show (it's pretty cute and really simple, nothing extraordinary) and it's actually pretty mellow about that sorta thing. The color variation depends mostly on what characters are being represented. For example, Harley has a lot of red and white, circusy elements, while Batgirl deals primarily in purple. The school, likely the biggest set, is really ornate and kind of modern. Imagine a Disney palace but with a lot more window-walls. The character variety is also pretty great, so apart from our initial heroes, we're likely to see Cheetah and Granny Goodness on the villain side and, if they breach the main cast, Star Sapphire, Hawkgirl, Amanda Waller, Gorilla Grodd, and perhaps even Crazy Quilt. Beast Boy, Green Lantern, Flash, Catwoman, and Starfire make notable appearances, and the backgrounds are positively littered with iconic characters both new and old (I saw Bunker back there! BUNKER!!), so this theme could provide us with some pretty great figures down the line, and with some fun parts to customize the existing ones, thanks to the unique designs.

Do they really? Or are they just stuck with what they've been given? I'm willing to bet that a lot of the success for those sets comes down to little girls who want LEGO coupled with parents and grandparents who wouldn't dare let them step outside the pink aisle, or bought them as gifts because it's pink and of course that means she'll like it, or that both of those things over the course of several years have ultimately resulted in girls who've accepted those cultural fences built around them and continue to feed into the gender-biased market. But that's just a theory..

I've kept up with the show (it's pretty cute and really simple, nothing extraordinary) and it's actually pretty mellow about that sorta thing. The color variation depends mostly on what characters are being represented. For example, Harley has a lot of red and white, circusy elements, while Batgirl deals primarily in purple. The school, likely the biggest set, is really ornate and kind of modern. Imagine a Disney palace but with a lot more window-walls. The character variety is also pretty great, so apart from our initial heroes, we're likely to see Cheetah and Granny Goodness on the villain side and, if they breach the main cast, Star Sapphire, Hawkgirl, Amanda Waller, Gorilla Grodd, and perhaps even Crazy Quilt. Beast Boy, Green Lantern, Flash, Catwoman, and Starfire make notable appearances, and the backgrounds are positively littered with iconic characters both new and old (I saw Bunker back there! BUNKER!!), so this theme could provide us with some pretty great figures down the line, and with some fun parts to customize the existing ones, thanks to the unique designs.

Woah bunker? That's crazy.

My favorite line from the article you linked to: "And, to top it all off, they’re shaking their heads and doing “science” to try to figure out girls, as if they’re some strange variant of human that regular humans just can’t get their head around."

I hate variants :tongue:

What thread am I in?

My biggest complain about the minidolls is that their hands don't rotate, which severely limits the poses you can place them in. They are mostly fine otherwise, and would be happy to see the SuperHero Girls in either format. I can see Lego going either way, so we'll find out.

My biggest complain about the minidolls is that their hands don't rotate, which severely limits the poses you can place them in. They are mostly fine otherwise, and would be happy to see the SuperHero Girls in either format. I can see Lego going either way, so we'll find out.

Just so you know, Hulk Smash has historically been a very reliable source. So, when he says it'll be minifigs, you can pretty much take that as a given.

Just so you know, Hulk Smash has historically been a very reliable source. So, when he says it'll be minifigs, you can pretty much take that as a given.

I believe him, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes like last year when no one was sure whether it would be Firefly or Deadshot although one dot on an otherwise clean record works for me :)

I believe him, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes like last year when no one was sure whether it would be Firefly or Deadshot although one dot on an otherwise clean record works for me :)

That's because it was a minifigure with a jet pack, I wouldn't fault him for making that assumption. :P

saw the Superhero Girls action figures in Toys R Us the other week. Some fun designs there that I'll be quite happy to get in Minifigure form.

saw the Superhero Girls action figures in Toys R Us the other week. Some fun designs there that I'll be quite happy to get in Minifigure form.

i wouldn't call them action figures because when they announced them they called them dolls. which is weird because if they are dolls then how come Lego is not making minidolls for their sets?!

i wouldn't call them action figures because when they announced them they called them dolls. which is weird because if they are dolls then how come Lego is not making minidolls for their sets?!

I think they have a line of both action figures and dolls, actually.

the difference between an action figure and a doll is basically down to the accessories. if they got stuff for fightin' they're figures, if they got stuff for housework, they're dolls. Harley might be a doll, but her toys are action figures. ;)

Just looks like a recolor (with dual molded legs maybe) of the old one. It would be great if its real but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet... :sceptic: