sdrnet

MOC Winter Castle and Medieval District

27929182346_e32e2aa816_c.jpg

After a long absence, that I am presenting today it is the single largest MOC and challenging I have ever done so far.

This MOC represent a medieval winter district with 4 houses, a cemetery (on the back) and a rock mountain with a castle used today for tourism visits.

Around the block it consists of 6 Baseplates 32x32 and will be part again of my famous Winter Village. This project took me nine months of work and the use of 16,000 pieces.

All the houses and the whole castle (and the basement of the castle) are embellished with furnishings with many scenes and details.

The entire moc consists of 45 Minifigs and there are various curiosities scattered to embellish the work.

27684124110_00405f9b24_c.jpg

I put on Flickr over 100 photographs to observe every detail of this moc. You can ask me all the curiosity and I will try to fill all your questions.

This MOC will be presented for the first time in Lecco (Italy) during the two days of the exhibition at the end of July 2016.

Flickr Complete Gallery:

Greetings to all!

Sandro

27861805572_bbfd2f0d51_c.jpg

27963497745_8bcf7744c8_c.jpg

27929345646_d2414b3efe_c.jpg

27929379836_e820deef67_c.jpg

27684237050_09bcee8908_c.jpg

27862057832_41f8a1a859_c.jpg

27351130764_05fdbb0719_c.jpg

27351151654_8f71d41e05_c.jpg

....The Winter Has Come!!!

Incredible! I love how you went the extra mile to give the houses around the castle a detailed interior, as well as the castle itself. Do I see a Hobbit easter egg down in the cave? :wink:

Looks beautiful. I am on holidays but I look forward to checking out every single photo of it on Flickr when I get back to my computer !!

Very well done! I like that each house is a different color. Gives them a bit of pop in a muted landscape, and also like the way you did the wagon tracks in the snow.

Wow, absolutely amazing! It's rare to see large scale castle MOCs built in a snow theme, which makes this even more impressive.

Thank you all!

In fact there are many Easter Eggs in this moc!

The cave with Bilbo and two other dwarfs, other small swivel cave with Gandalf + Gollum, the door that hides the dragon Smaug, the King's room with the throne of swords (see Games of Thrones), the lightsaber into the hall of trophies, a scene from Star Wars VII on the TV in the living room of the first house, the cemetery remembers the cover of "Live After Death" Iron Maiden ... and much more !!! :wink:

HI Sandro!!! Only one word.....AWESOME!!! :D

Love very much the winter theme , it is certainly among my favorites

Edited by AnkTales

This is spectacular. Love all the easter eggs! Can't say which is my favourite feature since there are so many surprises. Congrats!

Your creation is really cool. I'd love to have a Winter Village like that!

Do you already have plans for a new project to work on?

...Do you already have plans for a new project to work on?

By 2017 I would definitely conclude the Winter Village project for which I have worked for 5 years. I would in the future devote to new projects, one of which is already "in progress". So large buildings for the village will make him no more (this was the last). I will try only to complete the landscape.

Thank you

Amazing in both scale and detailing. Each part is so full of things to look at I keep finding more little parts to appreciate every time I look. Fantastic!

The sheer scope and amount of detailing of this build is simply overwhelming :classic: :thumbup: it is not only a very large build, it also achieves to be in no way repetetive or boring. So much to discover and everything looks just great. Fantastic work! :classic:

All I have to say is WOW and well done!!! There are so many little details everywhere that its almost overwhelming, but totally worth it. I love how you used some hidden features and all the easter eggs. I think that the town itself is just perfect an I especially love the large tree at the end of the street.

One question I did have is what 1x2 tile did you use that looks like tire tracks in snow, its a very cool effect and if I ever connect all my Winter Village sets and build them a road this is the way to go.

Again this is one of the best builds I have ever seen on this site by FAR. If you don't win an award at the show I would like to see what the winner builds because this is an absolute masterpiece.

Again this is one of the best builds I have ever seen on this site by FAR. If you don't win an award at the show I would like to see what the winner builds because this is an absolute masterpiece.

There are no prizes for the fair but I'm very happy that this moc you like it and I hope there will be many visitors to meet you see!

Thank you very much

I was wondering why you have been so quiet lately. And not even an entry in last year's WV contest!

Now I know why. :grin:

Absolutely smashing. I have very little to add to the comments above.

A true magnum opus.

Are you going to integrate it in your existing winter village? Looks like there's still an open space!

I'd love to see that.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Are you going to integrate it in your existing winter village? Looks like there's still an open space!

I'd love to see that.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Thanks again so much!

Certainly: the castle is built in my village next to the church in the Official diorama. This year due to lack of time (I was born a new child in December 2015) was not able to conclude all the diorama but for 2017 I could complete forever the diorama Winter Village!

In August I will insert the picture of how the castle is inside the village.

Thanks again to everyone!