Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[ESL - FB] The Bank of Nellisa, Nova Terreli

27944403565_00e14fca43_b.jpg

Even for Román Esteban Fontonajo some days are still special. This is one of these days. Opening the "Bank of Nellisa" in Nova Terreli, as

the central point for all commercial activities on the island, puts a smile on the Eslandolan's face.

27332168134_f2958c9030_z.jpg

Shipbuilders, adventurers, merchants, captains, even smugglers or pirates - they all need some money from time to time, and they all want to

deposit some for worse times. Today a well known admiral of a small trade fleet is coming with two of his man, bearing a chest so full of gold,

that it didn't even all fit in.

27842956722_fa1e561dc4_b.jpg

The Fontonajos have appointed Helios Caraja as the director of their bankhouse in Nova Terreli. He has stored a lot of files in his office already,

waiting eagerly for the first customers. Money is the only currency he knows, and that's all the Fontonajos need for their bank director.

27910382196_cb1d1b0742_z.jpg

There are two counters. Because not everyone will get to talk to the director.

27331565473_ec0d3f9d99_z.jpg

Juan Alfonso has just closed the big safe where most of the gold is deposited. Little does he know that the first burglar is already inspecting the

outside of the bankhouse.

27944406315_104a6f631c_z.jpg

A glimpse into the director's office never hurts:

27332174824_b5acd0cc67_z.jpg

The Bank of Nellisa in Nova Terreli - your place to deposit money!

27332173954_57c3627c77_z.jpg 27332172754_2c7a1d1b9b_z.jpg

Very Nice build :thumbup:

I esprcially love the ibterior and the colour-scheme, with the golden accents, is great! Keep it up!

The lobby looks very nice! Clean design with nice woodwork mosaics and also the deposits are very effective. :thumbup:

Lots to like here! Great detail! I really like the gold center roof section. And good use of sand green bricks (I didn't realize there was a masonry brick in that color). Well done all around! Very appropriate for a LARGE TOWN. pirate_wink.gif Congrats Mr. Mayor.

Really nice use of the gold and green, has a great Caribbean vibe to it. The front entryway has a bit of art deco flair which is nice. Nice interior detailing with the plants and pen/ink. Lots to enjoy visually.

Don't know what it is but I really love this build - the sand green, white, black, and gold all complement each other really nicely! Great interior too, I like the floor pattern and those pillars as well! :thumbup:

Nice build !

For me, the best parts are the interior and the roof with its gold accents.

Good job !

Very Nice build :thumbup:

I esprcially love the ibterior and the colour-scheme, with the golden accents, is great! Keep it up!

Thank you. The interior is my favourite part as well.

The lobby looks very nice! Clean design with nice woodwork mosaics and also the deposits are very effective. :thumbup:

Thanks, I really had to do some tricks due to lack of especially flat sand green bricks, but I managed to build the deposits in some way. Glad you like them.

Lots to like here! Great detail! I really like the gold center roof section. And good use of sand green bricks (I didn't realize there was a masonry brick in that color). Well done all around! Very appropriate for a LARGE TOWN. pirate_wink.gif Congrats Mr. Mayor.

I really had exactly one 1x1 sand green brick left at the end of the MOC. Maybe there are two or three flying around in some box they don't belong in, but that was really close. Glad you like it, especially the golden roof in the middle. That was really just some kind of "emergency" plan ("what should I put on that roof?"), but I like the result as well.

Really nice use of the gold and green, has a great Caribbean vibe to it. The front entryway has a bit of art deco flair which is nice. Nice interior detailing with the plants and pen/ink. Lots to enjoy visually.

Great to hear, I am glad you like all the little details and ornaments. Also great to hear that a Caribbean vibe gets transported through the MOC! :-)

Don't know what it is but I really love this build - the sand green, white, black, and gold all complement each other really nicely! Great interior too, I like the floor pattern and those pillars as well! :thumbup:

The black was actually added quite late in the process.

Thanks for the compliments on the floors and pillars. I really just had to use those round golden bricks I recently acquired for the pillars.

Nice building with beautiful interior and great details in it!

Thank you, as I stated above, the interior is definitely my favourite as well.

Very fine build indeed.

Must be the first bank we have.

I wondered about that as well, but hey, here we go! Who else than an Eslandolan should open the first bank, right?

Btw. thanks a lot for the idea for the corner design, which I 100% stole from your great white-yellow creation. I guess Alberto at least did some consulting for the architects of the bank in Nellisa.

Nice build !

For me, the best parts are the interior and the roof with its gold accents.

Good job !

Thanks, I am so glad my gf kind of forced me into changing the roof, which was initially a dark red roof with a point in the centre (not with a gable like now) consisting of classic roof elements. As I didn't have dark red for the corners I took red. It didnt even look crappy, but it absolutely did not fit the rest of the MOC at all. Really happy I changed it.

Nicely done. The sheer size of the building is impressive and will surely inspire confidence in any depositor. I like the use of gold throughout the build and the finished interior is well done as well. The texturing on the walls does an excellent job of adding detail while making the building appear to be relatively new.

My only complaint is that the glass doors are too modern. Large wooden doors, probably with iron bars as reinforcement, would look better in my opinion.

This bank is beautiful. :pir-wub: Those colors look great and the central roof pyramid in gold provides a striking contrast to the black around it. The interior is very nicely done as well and your overview pics do a good job of displaying its qualities.

I do have one minor gripe: the glass doors and pretty much the whole interior look modern to me. If I ignore the exterior and the historic minifigs it looks really similar to some of the banks near where I live. That's not really a problem - it's beautiful regardless - but it just doesn't strike me as a colonial-era interior.

I'll finish with a bit of trivia, since this is a bank with lots of gold-colored accents and people carrying in their chests of gold. :grin: Pirate lore almost always ignores the extraordinary density of gold, which at approx. 1206 pounds/cubic foot is nearly 2.5 times greater than iron (approx. 494 pounds/cubic foot). In other words, a chest the size of the standard LEGO chests filled with gold ingots (or even coins) would be extremely difficult to move, let alone carry, unless a multitude of strong men all got their hands on it. And the chest would have to be extremely robust to handle the weight.

But that's enough talk. Nice bank. :thumbup: