marcu22

The Burrow - Home of the Weasley family

Hi Eurobrickers,

After the Harry Potter Vignettes you may have seen in the past few months, I'm now ready to present you my biggest MOC ever created: The iconic home of the Weasley family, in my case I focussed on the version in the second book. I used a Artwork featured in a "Magical places" book for inspiration. It's pretty close to the model used in the film.

So...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27782349622_43c4532444_c.jpgThe Burrow

Ron: "It's not much, but it's home."

....Harry: "I think it's brilliant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few more pictures could be found on my Flickr stream(following the link above), I try to take a few more, was bit in a hurry while the MOC is exhibited in the moment.

Hope you like it,

Regards Marcel

Edited by marcu22

Ugh!

I've been wanting to do my own MOC of this building and naturally many have done it before me (and you), but this is outstanding! Very much a Weasley presence here.The roofing technique is great compared to just normal slopes. I don't think I will use light bley, but it works pretty well here.

I also had considered just building up the official set a bit better, but then there is a part of me that always wants to go "UCS" and put it in the realm of this MOC.

Keep up the good work! I will definitely look at it for inspiration.

Thanks, I'm glad that you like my version of the burrow!

Keep up the good work! I will definitely look at it for inspiration.

I'm interested in your version of it. The color is definitly about personal taste, probably a mix between grey and brown would look just right.

This is superb! How long did it take to build all of this?

About 4 months, while I tried to build about 3-4 hours a week.

Amazing, simply amazing! Where is the MOC being exhibited?

Exhibited it at ComicCon Germany, with quite a few LUG Buddies. It was great, combined Lego and several geeky stuff. Hope to get something done for the next year.

This MOC is just incredible. Everything about this is beautiful from the outbuildings and the environment it's set in to the rickety shape of the building while still looking solid.

It's everything a Burrow MOC should be.

That is really a great built. :thumbup:

It looks huge and the details of the house are really great.

It nice to see a Harry Potter MOC this big. :classic: