As you may know, the history of Porsche brand has started with tractors and one of them is this beauty:

13283112.jpg

And here is my WIP so far:

13283086.jpg

13283103.jpg

13283106.jpg

Feautures:positive Caster angle, 3 pistons fake engine, 2-speed gearbox.(Rear axle will be reworked, atm I don`t quite like it.Gearbox mb switched for linear one instead of driving ring)

But before finishing it I have to finish my exams, so next update will be somewhere in the first week of July...Or mb earlier, who knows

Edited by Kit Fisto

Update:

13255652.jpg

Rear axle still to be reworked, but I`ve started working on design.

Apparently all the first photos disappeared...

What do you guys think about side design?

Edited by Kit Fisto

Not only the Porsche had the tractors. Also Lamborghini had/has the tractors :)

https://www.google.pl/search?q=lamborghini+tractor&biw=1024&bih=635&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-9aychL_NAhUGCSwKHSilBQIQsAQIGg

Anyway I`m waiting for your model in Lego version :)

Lamborghini originally made tractors. He bought a Ferrari and complained to Enzo about its gearbox. Enzo told him to go away and just make his tractors and in annoyance he built a car.... Or so the story goes

Lamborghini originally made tractors. He bought a Ferrari and complained to Enzo about its gearbox. Enzo told him to go away and just make his tractors and in annoyance he built a car.... Or so the story goes

The story was about a worn clutch. Ferrari used the same clutch as lamborghini in his tractors, but ferrari wanted a way to high price.

Hi,

Can you update the first post? The images are missing. Thanks.

Nice work so far.

Done :thumbup:

Update:

I`ve finalized rear axle design, now the gearbox works as it should.

The hood is finished too, now all that left to do is rear exterior.

Btw, what do you guys thing about dark red wheel part in the engine?It apperars in red colour only in one set and I`m not sure if I have to spend 10$ on it or left it as it is...

13283188.jpg

yoraM02uFLo.jpg

13283191.jpg

13283200.jpg

I love it! This model is bound to score some points. Please continue the great work.

I love it, details and functions in a small place. Technic tractors will improve when we have the new class tires.

The model is finished!

Feautures:

- positive caster angle steerng (With Finger of God steering - to steer the model you have to turn 24-T gear in the back of the model)

- 2-speed gearbox

- working fake-engine (3 cylinders, like the real one)

-rear PTO

Photos are made by Shurik_13

( https://www.flickr.com/photos/28476480@N04 )

Some photos:

28178541025_be74104062_k.jpg1 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

28144328716_9e4589918b_k.jpg2 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

27562917833_d081a03790_k.jpg3 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

27562915443_62f5357160_k.jpg4 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

27562913673_70a9812116_k.jpg5 by DB_Kit Fisto, on Flickr

Full album:

Just Wow! It's beautiful. :wub:. Is really impressive how you used few pieces but still it has a lot details. Good job :thumbup:

Lovely, great job. Nice curves. The rear wheels are a bit wide though. Have you got any of the old style motorcycle wheels. Those could fit as dual wheels on the rear axle. Or the 9398 wheels. Those look a bit more like tractor wheels.

Love this build! I love the random red parts you have used on this tractor, and the scale seems perfect. Nicely done :wink:

Thanks all! :classic:

Lovely, great job. Nice curves. The rear wheels are a bit wide though. Have you got any of the old style motorcycle wheels. Those could fit as dual wheels on the rear axle. Or the 9398 wheels. Those look a bit more like tractor wheels.

9398 wheels look absolutely out of style, I tried them.As for motorcycle - no, I don`t have any and as I`m a bit limited in time I can`t order them via BL (our post`s waaaaay to slow).So let`s call it a compromise...

Edited by Kit Fisto

Love it! :wub:

I find the unimog tires like a good compromise, and nice usage of the bionicle parts.

One small hint: I would place 1x3 black plate under the rear lamp "unit", it would give more contrast for the transparent elements, thus pops-out more from the red mass.

Looks terrific and great functions.

One suggestion I'd make though: put some rigid hoses around the flex system hoses for your steering. Lego did as well for the 8440. Of course this model wouldn't have kids playing with it to worry about? But if it is, those flex hoses bend very easily without a rigid hose to protect them.