Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - Jun FB2] Banana Plantation, Mooreton Bay

A banana plantation has been established just outside the new settlement of Mooreton Bay, Alicentia. Demand for this exotic fruit has risen steeply in recent times, with even Her Majesty herself rumoured to enjoy a good banana now and then! A fast trading vessel can transport the fruit back to the mainland before it spoils and will be almost guaranteed to make a tidy profit.

27778698141_4be7f45611_c.jpg

-------------------

Another quick build and most probably my last for the month. Purists will not like the bunches of bananas as I've had to use the same trick as in my Cocoa plantation to make the trees look anything like authentic but I am reasonably certain that there is no way to make a bunch of bananas using just Lego! (more than happy to be proved wrong! :pir_laugh2: )

Licensed as a small plantation in Mooreton Bay, Alicentia.

Looks amazing! The trees are great, and the background as well. Nice colourscheme too

Looking absolutely fantastic once again.

I have tried it once with a 1x1 with a hole on each side. This worked out but lookd far, far worse than your version.

Really good banana plantation... your non-purist solution for the banana bunches really looks good. In fact the bananas add a dash of yellow to this vig that it definitely needed. Great palm trees too! :thumbup:

Fine build! Regarding hanging bananas, my LEGO mechanical engineering laboratory is working hard to find a solution, since i, too am fond of hanging bananas on palm trees. I've used 1x1 black clips once that somehow did the trick (mainly due to color being black and not too apparent on photographs) but it is a problem that definitely needs a more elegant solution and i am sure that a capable BoBS engineer will find one soon, thus contributing to this loving eurobricks forum pirate_tong.gif

Fine looking plantation. That's a lot of bananas! The trees look nice and I can live with the non-purist approach to bunching the bananas. The best way I've seen is to hang a small leaf piece with a banana in each hole; it doesn't look as good as what you have here but it works. The vegetation on the ground, soil texture and horse-drawn wagon all look nice. Keep it up.