Since departing from Baron Lonnidas, night had fell, and Remington wandered through the lamplit streets almost aimlessly.

27837187225_b8f625c53a_z_d.jpg

"You can't miss it; they say all paths in Rockwail lead there."

Remington was dubious as to wether Lonnidas's statement was true, as he had been walking for several hours and the only thing he'd found that even resembled the mausoleum was a small undertaker's shop, the owner of which was convinced that Remington must try out one of his coffins.

27559143610_59b5c6e92e_z_d.jpg

He also noted another peculiar thing about Rockwail; while there were quite a few people out and about during the day, it was nowhere near the amount of people on the streets at night. It seemed the entire city was nocturnal- even cold-blooded creatures like snake and frog people. Somebody around must have known how to get to the mausoleum, but asking for directions was more than difficult with no voice... If he could curse under his breath, he would have.

27735844382_ab72708e25_z_d.jpg

Eventually, the bard came to a cross in the roads. He looked down the pathways and saw that they all seemed to diverge out into more and more roads, all expanding outwards from his point. So where was the mausoleum?

27225156463_6b3d4876d4_z_d.jpg

Suddenly, Remington was distracted by the sounds of a struggle, and peered down the unlit path where the noise came from. Out of the darkness ran a snakeman, clutching something in his hand. Under the light of the lamp beside him, Rot could make out that it was some sort of yellow gemstone.

27225154413_32e1ff09a2_z_d.jpg

Then another figure burst out of the shadows, wearing a leather cuirass, and a large helmet.

"Stop that man! My diamond!" cried the figure.

Remington shrugged. What was the worst that could happen?

27559145300_b0bf79c0db_z_d.jpg

As the snakeman passed him, he swung his loot into his nose, knocking him down onto the ground. The other figure caught up quickly and stumbled to a stop, panting heavily. Once he regained his composure, he picked up and pocketed the gemstone, then turned to Remington.

27837186165_b5116fbd6d_z_d.jpg

"Good sir, that was a mighty swing for a bard! I do hope your lute is undamaged."

He spoke loudly and with a regal accent.

Remington looked over his lute and ran his gloved fingers across it. Other than a small blood stain, it seemed to be ok. He raised his thumb to the man.

"Excellent! That is good news. My name is Sir... Sir Knight... Ahem, Sir Knightington!"

The bard raised an eyebrow.

"Sir... Crownknight?"

"Fine," he sighed, dropping the accent to reveal the ragged, hissing voice of an orc, "it's Keel. That diamond is a family heirloom. Listen; I owe you, big time. If there's anything you need, I'll do it."

With a smile, Remington pulled the letter out of his pocket, wiped a droplet of blood from the snakeman's nose, and scrawled 'mausoleum' on the back of the paper.

27837188395_1afdcee85f_z_d.jpg

"The mausoleum? It's right there... How did you not notice it? Anyway, if you're going in there, I can help you out. It's pretty dangerous, but I've been before," Keel responded.

27225155003_5117044013_z_d.jpg

"So... What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

---

Sorry about the poor quality of some of these photos, I didn't notice until after I'd taken them.

Some more pictures of the moc:

27837654465_119be80b97_z_d.jpg

Here the mausoleum has been removed to get a better picture. After taking this picture I realised I'd cut about half of the tan building off. However, not seeing the tops of the buildings was purposeful... Because there aren't any. I didn't have the pieces and was way too lazy to come up with some creative ideas.

27837654885_107c742c99_z_d.jpg

The mausoleum itself. This was built first and the rest was designed around it, and I'd say it's the best part of the moc.

I'm not as happy with this as I was with my last moc, because when I built it I was pretty low on parts from being too lazy to break down my previous builds. I'm probably going to build some more Rockwail stuff in the future, but this should be one of the last builds of the Rockwail streets for a while. The next build you can expect from me will be of the catacombs beneath the city...

C&C are welcome, have a great day!

Edited by -Sunder-

Ah don't worry about it it looks good, but the picture size is a bit big for Eurobricks, not sure if that's allowed.

What I can see of the buildings looks very nice, especially the mausoleum :thumbup: Great story too, I'm interested to see how Keel and Rot will get along :classic:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Ah don't worry about it it looks good, but the picture size is a bit big for Eurobricks, not sure if that's allowed.

I just checked and yeah, they are too big. I've edited it with some resized versions, thanks for pointing it out or I'd have never noticed :)

Edited by -Sunder-

Very nice build, and as the other already said, the mausoleum looks great! Good work on the story too, I like that the photos is in minifig perspective :classic:

Nice build and the storyline is intriguing! I think you are right about the mausoleum being the best part of the build, the recessed skulls and detailing look very effective. Most of your photos are in focus and reasonably lit, but could benefit from some post production in a program like GIMP to straighten them up, adjust brightness etc.

I like your stories, makes for a good read. I like the buildings as well, but I don't think it would be a problem if for story purposes some pics could be taken in a darker room, to make it feel like it was night.

Excellent continuation to your story, and great build! :thumbup: The decoration on the mausoleum is fantastic and I like the little pumpkin patch :classic:

Good continuation of the story! The street scenes are nice, the 'lamppost angle' and the view at the mausoleum are rather nice shots actually! The mausoleum is a nice build, it definitely has that old, sinister, dungeon-y vibe to it. (I think the farmer is a cameo, but I'm not sure) Great work! :classic::thumbup:

Your story gets better and better. And also your builds. That house has some nice details like the slopes at the base and the round window with the skull. Great job!