Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

On 6/4/2020 at 3:18 PM, Zerobricks said:

We have been working on a new product which we integrated into 42111, the new motor.

The new motor is based on an exisiting RC buggy design and the electirc motor has been optimized to give a higher RPM and torque than the original.

The first test run of motors will be available soon.

Can you give any more info? Like how much faster it is, when will it be available, what price,...?

Will you be making a more powerfull version of any other motors, like the L-motor?

46 minutes ago, Jimrask said:

Can you give any more info? Like how much faster it is, when will it be available, what price,...?

Will you be making a more powerfull version of any other motors, like the L-motor?

We don't have exact measurements yet, but we will make a comparison video.

Price should be around 39€ and first 50 or so samples hould be available soon.

No plans for other motors for now.

Edited by Zerobricks

@Zerobricks: Sometime ago I asked about power curves in the BuWizz app. My question was if it'd be possilble to copy them from one output to another output - e.g. when you have two motors driving the same axle but on different outputs - but that is not supported right now. What do you think about saving a current power curve as preset and allow to either select a preset (e.g. the default linear one) or to take the default preset as basis and change it for each output? That would basically provide the asked feature and power curves are already saved in (or with) and tied to a profile right now.

Just now, johnnym said:

@Zerobricks: Sometime ago I asked about power curves in the BuWizz app. My question was if it'd be possilble to copy them from one output to another output - e.g. when you have two motors driving the same axle but on different outputs - but that is not supported right now. What do you think about saving a current power curve as preset and allow to either select a preset (e.g. the default linear one) or to take the default preset as basis and change it for each output? That would basically provide the asked feature and power curves are already saved in (or with) and tied to a profile right now.

That's a good idea. Having said that we are currently focusing on expanding the basic functionality of the app. After we implement all the functions we will go back and concentrate on details as such and visuals.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

That's a good idea. Having said that we are currently focusing on expanding the basic functionality of the app. After we implement all the functions we will go back and concentrate on details as such and visuals.

Cool! Looking forward to new features. :classic:

Hello expert, just checking if anyone is able to connect to the original BuWizz (from the first kickstarter) with the newer mobile app?

I read comments on the BuWizz website that it won't be supported but just want to make sure if I am going to switch camp :sad:

48 minutes ago, MisteryMan said:

Just wondering if there will be a summer sale on the BuWizz like last year?

I was wondering the same thing. Too late for me though, I already bought my BuWizzes. :)

Just now, MisteryMan said:

@ZerobricksJust wanted to bump my question, just wondering if there will be a BuWizz Summer sale this year?

I don't know, I'm not responsible for marketing. Ask at the website.

Edited by Zerobricks

1 hour ago, MisteryMan said:

@ZerobricksJust wanted to bump my question, just wondering if there will be a BuWizz Summer sale this year?

I've seen the price I had to pay now, € 157,38. Would be nice if there woyuld be a sale. :)

6 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I don't know, I'm not responsible for marketing. Ask at the website.

Will do, thanks.

On 6/4/2020 at 11:29 AM, Zerobricks said:

The motor is faster than original, I did the comparison. What is also true is that i changed the gearing from 20:28 in original to 12:36 to give the car more torque. I tried to keep the original model's functionality as close as possible, so the motor has to drive the wheels throught a set of 6 gears. Of course I could have just slapped 2 motors, directly to the wheels, but than the modification would be much harder for people to perform and we would lose the wheelie bar, working engine, etc...

Also, given the hills the car is climbing in the video, it probably has more torque than is necessary for driving on flat ground.

Hi there,

Does anybody know if there's a possibility to change the order in which custom profiles are displayed in the app?

Thanks in advance!

Sven

On 7/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, onzenuub said:

I've seen the price I had to pay now, € 157,38. Would be nice if there woyuld be a sale. :)

And the sale is on now.

Not really a sale if what they are selling has a „small cosmetic blemish“, is it?

8 minutes ago, Toshi said:

Not really a sale if what they are selling has a „small cosmetic blemish“, is it?

You’re right, didn’t see that.

Would be nice to see an example of what they mean by that, before buying! :(

9 hours ago, Toshi said:

Would be nice to see an example of what they mean by that, before buying! :(

There's an example on their Facebook page, ordered 2x for myself and a friend.

Example pic

I don't really use Facebook either, I've just been checking BuWizz's page, as I've been waiting for a sale to buy some BuWizz, the currency exchange to Canadian Dollars is not very good, so even 15% off is a large difference, I can spend that saved money on more LEGO! :laugh:

5 hours ago, Toshi said:

More money left to spend on bricks is always a plus! :)

I'll drink some [favoured drink, mine's Ginger Ale] to that! :pir-huzzah2: