Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

I contacted the BuWizz guys, they will have a look on the issue.

@jrx it's interesting if you can power 4 buggy motors with a single BuWizz unit, as I see in your video they're geared down drastically. I usually use them for high speed cars, in those scenarios 2 buggy motors can already overload a single BuWizz unit.

Oh really! Fortunately I did not run into the protection circuit until now.

Can anyone confirm that the prices listed on the BuWizz website are without VAT? I was kind of shocked to see the quote for 2 units shoot up from $220 to $268 (plus $20 shipping).

I confirm. When I bought my BuWizz, I paid 120€ + 20€ of VAT + 20€ for the shipping.

On 22/06/2017 at 0:29 PM, marcusparcus said:

I received two of these the other day. I can't seem to update the firmware at all. They work but there is a huge delay between operating the controls and and the motors responding, making it impossible to control my models accurately. Does anybody else have this problem?

I have tried restarting both the Buwizz and the app several times but with the same results.

Same issues here. I'm using a Samsung J3. No way to update the firmware, and the lag between the controls and the motors is unnerving. I've tried all the tricks given in the thread but none of them seems to work. Has anyone else had a similar experience, maybe using the same smartphone?

If anyone wants to use BuWizz with a constant output level (e.g. trains) then this is your lucky day - app is updated with trains control. Unfortunately not much else is new... and my dual unit issue is still there as well :/

14 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Unfortunately not much else is new...

Yep, but seem to coming - they published news at Kickstarter:

Dear backers,  

Finally, an update long overdue!
We were silent, but not idle through the summer. We have been busy and we have news for you :-)
We are constantly working on the app and adding the much anticipated features, but this is not going as fast as we would prefer. We are also updating our website. We will add FAQ, blog, forum and other resources. We are opening up part of the software (and communication protocol), so you will be able to create your own apps. We are also expanding and restructuring our team.

BuWizz App
We are preparing a big app update. For starters, we added train controls. iOS version with train controls is available in App Store since early October, Android version was just released. We are working on following features :

• On/Off control & other controls  
  • Customizable controls 
  • Control of up to 4 BuWizz bricks (for starters; more bricks coming later) 
  • Profile selector (where you can choose the profiles you want to use) 
  • Profile customisation (where you choose the controls & layout on the screen, with scaling, skins, etc.) 

BuWizz Team
We are expanding our team. We had a team building event - a BuWizz team building picnic at a very nice place here in Slovenia, close to the alps, next to a small stream. We had a lot of fun and also did a lot of brainstorming & planing for the future. Here are BuWizz team pictures and video (only part of the team is on the pictures):  http://bit.ly/buwizz_team_building_2017

Last but not least:  
Get ready for something new! Something big! 
It's a surprise and we are hard at work on this. We are preparing exciting new things and we will tell you more in the following weeks.

Your BuWizz Team

So, I assume that will have possibility to use LED lights connected to an independent socket using on/off control and will have some customization possibilities. I like it :sweet:

And last, but not least - a forum would be great!

Let's try once more before I see myself forced to return what seem to be two dud units.

I'm using a Samsung J3. No way to update the firmware, and the lag between the controls and the motors is unnerving. I've tried all the tricks given in the thread but none of them seems to work. Has anyone else had a similar experience, maybe using the same smartphone?

@suffocation Did you try to connect/update with another device? I'd suggest to try with a friend's phone/tablet. Did you also get in touch with the BuWizz guys for advice?

My Buwizz has been working great for about 6 months, but now it's  started supplying intermittent power to the motors, they're are all jerky.  Anyone else come across this problem? I thought ìt might have just needed charging, but done that and still the same.

mine have done that in the past, but not consistently.  Restart the unit, phone, etc., and things have always fixed themselves after doing that......  

Hi

i want to use Buwizz on the Icaros.

currently i use two batteries and two sbrick.

what do you recommand ? would it work if just replace the batteries with buwizz?

Edited by Moran

On 05/11/2017 at 7:00 PM, kbalage said:

@suffocation Did you try to connect/update with another device? I'd suggest to try with a friend's phone/tablet. Did you also get in touch with the BuWizz guys for advice?

Tried with an array of Android devices - no luck. What DID improve things - more or less - was switching on the location device along with the BT, which for some reason greatly improved responsiveness.

Now I'm facing another issue, though. When I have three or more active sliders, I can only use two at the same time. This is pretty frustrating because if I'm driving a tracked vehicle with a subtractor I want to be able to run the two tracks independently (2 separate XLs in my case) as well as the subtractor's motor (1 M), all at the same time. I wonder if this is a deliberate software limitation to limit battery drainage or something like that, and if that's the case if it can be overcome using SBrick.

5 hours ago, Moran said:

Hi

i want to use Buwizz on the Icaros.

currently i use two batteries and two sbrick.

what do you recommand ? would it work if just replace the batteries with buwizz?

I think one buwizz is enough.  Two L motors on two separate inputs, steering on a third and lights on forth.  Unfortunately buwizz still needs some work on there software.  There is no lights on/ off switch yet.

3 hours ago, suffocation said:

Tried with an array of Android devices - no luck. What DID improve things - more or less - was switching on the location device along with the BT, which for some reason greatly improved responsiveness.

Now I'm facing another issue, though. When I have three or more active sliders, I can only use two at the same time. This is pretty frustrating because if I'm driving a tracked vehicle with a subtractor I want to be able to run the two tracks independently (2 separate XLs in my case) as well as the subtractor's motor (1 M), all at the same time. I wonder if this is a deliberate software limitation to limit battery drainage or something like that, and if that's the case if it can be overcome using SBrick.

I haven't used the buwizz much because of the limitations they have had so I haven't tested three sliders.  I have seen people using SBrick and buwizz as battery so that may be an option.

Someone may have posted this already but it's worth pointing out: you can actually use the Buwizz unit as a battery box, couple it with at least four IR receivers (can someone with more see how far they can push it?) - i.e. 8 independent channels - and have all the motors running at slow, normal or fast speed. All you need to do is run the app, set it up to run at the desired speed, give any one slider an input and it's done. I'm not sure how healthy the fast setting is for the IR receivers; in any case, it's a cheap albeit less effective alternative to the SBrick-Buwizz combo.

Edit: obviously, if you're content with the slow setting then you needn't run the app.

Edited by suffocation

Hi all,

I've been a bit quiet on EB forum...

Well, we have exciting news! We just released BuWizz 2.0 with ludicrous mode :-)

BuWizz 2.0 Ludicrous

Zerobricks already made a video:

We are also working on improving the app.

New exciting news coming ;-)

So this is a new buwizz??  I might be sound alittle direct but shouldn't you be focusing on improving the software?  We can't even use lights properly still!!  Why would I buy another buwizz when I can't even use the two I have properly?

Edited by technic_addict

3 hours ago, technic_addict said:

So this is a new buwizz??  I might be sound alittle direct but shouldn't you be focusing on improving the software?  We can't even use lights properly still!!  Why would I buy another buwizz when I can't even use the two I have properly?

I agree. Could be some additional discount for Kickstarter backers at least. 

@Ron1, I see some inconvenience for the price: Facebook shows two different SKUs with a different price:

• NEW! 1x BuWizz 2.0 LUDICROUS, free worldwide express shipping: 116,00 € (129,00 €)

• 1x BuWizz, kostenloser weltweiter Expressversand: 129,00 €

Is 1.0 expensive than 2.0? That looks strange...

Edited by Void_S
Ooops, mixed up the currencies...

In addition to other questions - so there is no chance to upgrade the so called buwizz 1.0 to 2.0? There is an actual hardware change/upgrade made in orther to get ludicrous on not just some software which allows more current to the components?

I agree with others. It is sad to see that the team is investing in the new hardware version, instead of making the existing brick work properly. I've bought buwizz even if the app wasn't perfect with the intent to support the developers, and with hope they will polish the software later if they sell enough bricks. But now, I feel a little betrayed since instead of making the app work, they want me to buy a new brick.

Dear @Ron1, if you care about the support from the community for your future projects, please try to improve the existing software. Come on, how you guys can call the buwizz v1.0 finished and move on to v2.0, when there is even no way to control the lights??? Do I need to buy the SBrick just for the LEDs??? Please, show some respect for the people who backed you up.

Probably, I sound a little harsh, but don't get me wrong. I love the buwizz and want to support it. I just wish the team was listening to the community more carefully.

The mentioned VAT deduction is misleading. Quote from the website: "Price without VAT. 22% VAT will be added at checkout for EU customers."

At the checkout: no VAT deduction, because only registered companies with a legal VAT number are qualified for VAT deduction within EU, not private customers!

The last advertising here sounds like “Oh Christmas is near, let´s ring the bells!” I pass with my planned purchase if they don´t care about explanation and answers to the fair questions which have been asked.

Edited by brunojj1