Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

Just ordered 2 - I was waiting for a sale also. Hopefully it comes in discreet packaging - her indoors already thinks I spend too much on Lego!

1 hour ago, DrJimbo said:

Just ordered 2 - I was waiting for a sale also. Hopefully it comes in discreet packaging - her indoors already thinks I spend too much on Lego!

Yours too?   :grin:

Buying plastic bricks can be way too addictive!

Therefore I think it makes sense that there is some sort of (constructive) control over our hobby spending habits - we don't want it to get out of hands after all! ;)

At the stage where even I can see I don’t need any more bricks (objectively, there are always those really desirable sets) but this will hopefully add another dimension to the hobby. 

7 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Will buwizz be releasing more motors such as servos or small motors?

They are going to be coming out with a Buggy-like motor apparently sometime this October, if all goes well.

Well, the 2x BuWizz I ordered arrived today, they were the ones on sale with "cosmetic blemishes", but they seem to look brand new.

I'm currently charging them, and then I hope to test them in my 9398 Crawler, and a small MOC I made.

I am looking forward to this RC motors  :wub: Is there some more info related to them?

Edited by keymaker

Mine arrived yesterday. Surprisingly small. Put together the ugliest and most poorly engineered and designed car to test out. Seems great! Lots of fun potential. Looking forward to making something better. 

I would also be very interested in details about RC motors released by BuWizz!

I actually think they are facing quite a challenge here... :(

As far as I know, it is not possible to drive 2 Lego RC motors with one BuWizz 2.0 in ludicrous mode - even fast mode does not work reliably all the time afaik (look at the Ripsaw thread by @Marxpek). This might depend on the weight of the model of course, but in case of the Ripsaw with 8 RC motors, I doubt there is more than 500g of weight for each single motor to move...

If they release their own RC motors, I would expect it to be possible to run at least 2 (best would be 4) of them with one BuWizz in ludicrous mode - everything else would be strange in my opinion.

So they either need to find a very efficient internal motor to power their RC motor, which might make it expensive to manufacture (?), or they need to release an improved BuWizz 3.0 (which would be a let down for all BuWizz and BuWizz 2.0 owners, I guess). Maybe it is also possible to improve the old BuWizzs via firmware update, Idk?!

At the same time I am not certain the market for a new RC motor is the same it was a few months back, because Mould King released their Black Furious L-Motor, which also has 1200 rpm and therefore already is a competitor to a new RC motor - and with a better form factor too! (the L-motor is easier to integrate than the RC motor in my opinion) The price is also very reasonable, which makes it harder to justify a price tag that is much higher than what Mould King charges - unless there really is a big difference in quality or features...

It will be very interesting to see, what they come up with and what the price tag of the final product will be!

My hope is that they will improve the old BuWizz (at least the 2.0 version) via firmware update in order to allow a higher load before shutting down... :)

Edited by Toshi

Latest I heard (on Facebook), BuWizz is looking to release their motor in october, and there would be a BuWizz 3.0 in November. Anybody here knows more specifics?

Not sure, but I hope they release a servo so we can just buwizz instead of PU. Rotation sensor in motors is nice though

I have no other specifics about release dates and features, but the videos on YouTube about motorising the Sian (42115) do not make me hopeful they will be able to power more than one RC motor on the BuWizz. :(

Maybe the RC motors they are using in the project are prototypes and maybe the BuWizz 3.0 is not ready yet either, but using 8 BuWizzs to power 8 RC motors is kind of a let down for me! :(

Yap, i agree it only tells that the Motor is MORE POWERFUL than the Buwizz..

Such a Shame for me knowing buwizz is to expensive... 

It kills your Joy

Edited by Dylan M

On 8/31/2020 at 11:44 AM, Dylan M said:

Such a Shame for me knowing buwizz is to expensive... 

In case that BuWizz and other comercial products seems to0 expensice you may build your own control system. 

I'm having exactly the same problem. Is there a known way to fix it ?
Or do I have to contact the BuWizz team ?
(I can't use the contact form, as I can't find my order numbers :/)

This issue someties happens, especially if the overload protection kicks in. Just let the BuWizz drain it's battery until it's completely empty. Recharge it and it should work okay. Contacting support will get you the exact same person who's writing this reply here :grin:

okay, how long should I expect the battery to blink ?
Overload protection probably kicked in, as I was running two RC motors with direct coupling.

7 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

okay, how long should I expect the battery to blink ?
Overload protection probably kicked in, as I was running two RC motors with direct coupling.

Depends on your battery level. if it's full it may take a few days.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:43 AM, 2GodBDGlory said:

Are there actually plans for a new Buwizz, or is Newest_Tech320 just guessing?

Justed guessing. I still can't access the cart for the buwizz website or the price for USD buwizz. What is going on?