Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

2 hours ago, ifilin said:

Guys, someone knows, is that bug fixed already? Want to buy Buwizzes for Didumos buggy.

All I can say, firmware fix and update is in the works. 

Edited by Zerobricks

37 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

All I can say, firmware fix and update is in the works. 

Thank You for the answer.

Is there any visible difference between buwizz 1.0 and 2.0?  I have a couple 1.0's but I am debating buying a couple more 2.0's.  Assuming they look the same so would need to careful not to mix them up?

@technic_addict the easiest is to check the led - 2.0 blinks when not connected, 1.0 stays on. The small auxiliary white connector is also slightly different, but you need to remember which one is which.

Just now, kbalage said:

@technic_addict the easiest is to check the led - 2.0 blinks when not connected, 1.0 stays on. The small auxiliary white connector is also slightly different, but you need to remember which one is which.

Thanks!

I guess wallet safe.  I am trying to order a couple of them but when I checkout with paypal it keeps adding the VAT even though I live in Canada.  Not a great system setup.

I too have the problem with buzwizz cutting out only after a few seconds on ludicrous, and even in fast but after a bit longer. This unfortunately make them almost unusable since this “safety” kicks in unnecessarily and way too early.

any update on a fix please ?

2 hours ago, MultiDoc said:

I too have the problem with buzwizz cutting out only after a few seconds on ludicrous, and even in fast but after a bit longer. This unfortunately make them almost unusable since this “safety” kicks in unnecessarily and way too early.

WHat kind of a load are you putting on BuWizz?

Are you sure it's BuWizz cutting off? Maybe your motors are overheating, does steering still work afetr cutting off?

Would love to see one thing implemented in the app - easy switch between steering modes.

Example: 2 servos, each is connected separately. Assigning each servo to different control is pretty obvious - not an option.

If there would be a way to somehow add an inverser for 1 of 2 motors while you already connected, that would be an easily controllable crab mode:innocent:

1 hour ago, MultiDoc said:

Steering also is cutting off at the same time :sceptic:

If your battery level is low than protection will get triggered sooner 

14 minutes ago, gate said:

Would love to see one thing implemented in the app - easy switch between steering modes.

Example: 2 servos, each is connected separately. Assigning each servo to different control is pretty obvious - not an option.

If there would be a way to somehow add an inverser for 1 of 2 motors while you already connected, that would be an easily controllable crab mode:innocent:

You can use the mixers which are in the beta for that. 

6 hours ago, MultiDoc said:

I have also thought this was because of the safety kicking in, but I even experience this behavior in normal mode. But I only have this issue with Apple devices. With my Android phone it's okay. I also tried the Brickcontroller app, but it has too much lag. Steering is impossible.

49 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

You can use the mixers which are in the beta for that. 

Woot, looking forward to alpha then.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

I have also thought this was because of the safety kicking in, but I even experience this behavior in normal mode. But I only have this issue with Apple devices. With my Android phone it's okay. I also tried the Brickcontroller app, but it has too much lag. Steering is impossible.

That's an interesting observation. So you are saying current protection triggers sooner when using apple device?

I’m using an iPhone with latest iOS FYI. As for the buzwizz’s they are both fully charged when this behaviour is triggered. Another thing to help you with troubleshooting might be that when this “cut off” happens, I have to shut down and restart the application to get back to normal behaviour again.

overall the battery of the buzwizz lasts quite fine, however this cutting off is at the very least annoying and it happens very very easily, in less than a minute on ludicrous and as I said a bit longer on fast.

unfortunately I don’t have any android devices to test if it’s the same or not.

As for range, I’ve been able to have normal control up to about 10-12 meters.

8 minutes ago, MultiDoc said:

I’m using an iPhone with latest iOS FYI. As for the buzwizz’s they are both fully charged when this behaviour is triggered. Another thing to help you with troubleshooting might be that when this “cut off” happens, I have to shut down and restart the application to get back to normal behaviour again.

overall the battery of the buzwizz lasts quite fine, however this cutting off is at the very least annoying and it happens very very easily, in less than a minute on ludicrous and as I said a bit longer on fast.

unfortunately I don’t have any android devices to test if it’s the same or not.

As for range, I’ve been able to have normal control up to about 10-12 meters.

Try changing power modes between fast/ludicrous next time it cuts off. Might help you avoid turning app on and off. Can you get an andorid based device and see it it happens too?

Also they way you are driving can affect this behaviour if you are suddenly changing from forwards to reverse in full power and such.

10 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

That's an interesting observation. So you are saying current protection triggers sooner when using apple device?

Well, what I experience is that the Apple devices disconnect all the time and my Android device works fine. I don't know if this disconnecting is caused by the current protection. It happens also in normal mode.

Just now, Didumos69 said:

Well, what I experience is that the Apple devices disconnect all the time and my Android device works fine. I don't know if this disconnecting is caused by the current protection. It happens also in normal mode.

I can confirm. My 3x- buwizz with 3 buggy motors car disconnets while driving very easily. I just can drive straight and may be some turns before 1 of 3 buwizz bricks disconnects with iOS app.

6 hours ago, rm8 said:

I can confirm. My 3x- buwizz with 3 buggy motors car disconnets while driving very easily. I just can drive straight and may be some turns before 1 of 3 buwizz bricks disconnects with iOS app.

And with Android it does not disconnect? 

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

And with Android it does not disconnect? 

I have no android devices at all

New (beta) version of the BuWizz app has been released. It allows saving profiles (finally), background images, resized controls, repositioned controls, control labels, control style (not working yet on my phone). 

Im at work, so I haven't connected it to a BuWizz unit yet, but so far the app is a huge improvement over the last one. 

Screenshot of a profile I created: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DkypGMnohyMdzRhc8

Link to the beta version (Play Store) of the app: https://click.pg.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xMDY2NDUzMjMxMDI4MTQ3Mjc5JmM9dDlnOSZlPTE5MjgmYj0yMjUwNzM1NjQmZD1nNnQxdDBx.0Cdb0L5EG1BIfg2HYLZiwM8sHCjTNWyaU-EzpjW-nLU

iOS version is pending approval from Apple, should be available in a couple of days.