Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

Thanks for your reply! You are right about the battery. I wont use it and i'll wait for a reply of @Ron1

Hello Guys! I want to buy buwizz, and i want to control 4 L-motor, 1 servo, and Led lights. Do i need 2 buwizz? Or 1 is enough. Thanks for the help! ?

14 minutes ago, daweo said:

Hello Guys! I want to buy buwizz, and i want to control 4 L-motor, 1 servo, and Led lights. Do i need 2 buwizz? Or 1 is enough. Thanks for the help! ?

1 is enough, but you need to split the 4 L-motors over two Buwizz outputs

Are you sure? Can one buwizz provide enough current for every item, also in ludicrous mode? ? This would be great!

Just now, daweo said:

Are you sure? Can one buwizz provide enough current for every item, also in ludicrous mode? ? This would be great!

Yes it provides enough power. In one of my MOCs I used 4 L-motors with just one buwizz and it worked perfectely.

1 hour ago, daweo said:

It will work, however it can overload.

Under stall conditions 4 L motors can generate ~48W which is more than the buwizz spec of 45W.  I am not sure if anyone has actually measured and tested buwizz to verify their claimed specifications as of yet.

1 buwizz can handle 4 L's and a servo in normal mode but can overload in fast mode as you can see in the video which @kbalage did above which doesn't even include a servo.

The buwizz seems to handle a lot of current per channel but not a lot if all channels are being used.  At 45W it is only 1.22 A / channel at 9.2V

45 minutes ago, daweo said:

So two buwizz would be optimal, am i right? ?

In fast or ludicrous mode, I would say Yes.  In normal mode, one is sufficient.

Hello Guys, i bought two buwizz and got it today. I hear some noise from one of them. Here is a video about it, what do you think? 

I  want to share my problem too. 

Maybe @Ron1 can help or give me some advice, cause Buwizz support not responding for about 5 days or so.

Two Buwizzes constantly ON, but do not react to any of my actions, except one (blinking red), which can be connected with the phone, but only for few seconds and official Buwizz app can not start any profile or do something.

This situation frightens me, since both Buwizzes have not yet reached half a year, and they have already broken down. Moreover, tech support does not respond to my emails, which leads me to despair.

1 hour ago, SilenWin said:

I  want to share my problem too. 

Maybe @Ron1 can help or give me some advice, cause Buwizz support not responding for about 5 days or so.

Two Buwizzes constantly ON, but do not react to any of my actions, except one (blinking red), which can be connected with the phone, but only for few seconds and official Buwizz app can not start any profile or do something.

This situation frightens me, since both Buwizzes have not yet reached half a year, and they have already broken down. Moreover, tech support does not respond to my emails, which leads me to despair.

Yesterday i wrote an email to the support about my problem, and today they answered, they will give me a new one instead of the noisy one. ?

1 hour ago, daweo said:

Yesterday i wrote an email to the support about my problem, and today they answered, they will give me a new one instead of the noisy one. ?

Lucky devil! :laugh_hard:

I hope that they will help me too. Strange noise is not that serious as broken firmware (I think so, cause this "x.x.xx" symbols as firmware version is totally not normal, my working v1 Buwizz shows numbers as version, not this x's)

Yesterday i got the new buwizz, very fast reaction, thanks Buwizz Team, now everything is fine! ?

I see that some of You have the same problem as me: on iphone 7 range is about 3-5m which mean 10x less than it should be. Is this mean that only iphone have this problem, maybe someone know solution for this issue? When i switch phone to samsung with android the range increase but lags come aswell so u cant really enjoy the drive. 

1 hour ago, Rizzus said:

I see that some of You have the same problem as me: on iphone 7 range is about 3-5m which mean 10x less than it should be. Is this mean that only iphone have this problem, maybe someone know solution for this issue? When i switch phone to samsung with android the range increase but lags come aswell so u cant really enjoy the drive. 

Problem with Iphones is they have a very poor Bluetooth controller chip. Also intereference from open WiFi networks can decrease range.

Edited by Zerobricks

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Iphones is they have a very poor Bluetooth controller chip

Are you sure? Besides the problems with the BuWizz there are no problems with the bluetooth range of the iPhone 7 known (as far as I know)

Hello Guys,

now i have firmware problem ,like @SilenWin, but i have buwizz v2. It is blinking red. I just played with my car, and once my phone lost the connection, and the buwizz started blinking red. Any idea how to solve this problem? :-) I cannot use it now. I tried to restart the andriod app, my phone, everything, but it just blinking. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower, but it is blinking.

Thx,

David

22 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Problem with Iphones is they have a very poor Bluetooth controller chip. Also intereference from open WiFi networks can decrease range.

I made a little experiment with my iphone 7, buwizz and bluetooth speaker. I connected speaker with my iphone and slowly increase range between me with phone and my speaker. After 20 meter, I was at the end of the corridor (the place where i testing whole things), but my speaker still played very well. I need to notice that i was surrounded by many others WiFi networks. Unfortunately my 2 buwizzs still have range less than 5 meters. When i walk with my Rally Car, it seems to be ok, no disconnections at all, but u need to be in range so 1-3 meters behind car. Second issue that i noticed is when i turn on ludicrous mode, after 3-5 sec and less than 2m range it will disconnect, one of buwizz start to blink and suggest that it need to recharge. Even if i will plug in powerbank nothing really is going to change it still rapidly disconnect when ludicrous mode is on.

Just now, Rizzus said:

I made a little experiment with my iphone 7, buwizz and bluetooth speaker. I connected speaker with my iphone and slowly increase range between me with phone and my speaker. After 20 meter, I was at the end of the corridor (the place where i testing whole things), but my speaker still played very well. I need to notice that i was surrounded by many others WiFi networks. Unfortunately my 2 buwizzs still have range less than 5 meters. When i walk with my Rally Car, it seems to be ok, no disconnections at all, but u need to be in range so 1-3 meters behind car. Second issue that i noticed is when i turn on ludicrous mode, after 3-5 sec and less than 2m range it will disconnect, one of buwizz start to blink and suggest that it need to recharge. Even if i will plug in powerbank nothing really is going to change it still rapidly disconnect when ludicrous mode is on.

How many and what kind of motors you use in your rally car? If Buwizz's battery is almost empty, the additional strain can reset it, explaining the loss of connection.

1 hour ago, Rizzus said:

My model is https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-13733/RacingBrick/technic-42077-rally-car-4wd-remote-control-mod/#comments and i use 2L motors and 4 lights for one BuWizz and 2 Lmotors and one servo motor for second BuWizz, just like instruction said.

Can you try with an Android based phone and see if results are same?

Best regards

1 hour ago, Rizzus said:

My model is https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-13733/RacingBrick/technic-42077-rally-car-4wd-remote-control-mod/#comments and i use 2L motors and 4 lights for one BuWizz and 2 Lmotors and one servo motor for second BuWizz, just like instruction said.

That's my mod, the range should be definitely better. As @Zerobricks said, first try with another device. You can also do some tests with the units, place the car on top of something so the wheels could roll freely, then test your range for one unit then for the other, maybe in different speed modes as well.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:36 AM, Zerobricks said:

Can you try with an Android based phone and see if results are same?

Best regards

On 8/3/2018 at 9:42 AM, kbalage said:

That's my mod, the range should be definitely better. As @Zerobricks said, first try with another device. You can also do some tests with the units, place the car on top of something so the wheels could roll freely, then test your range for one unit then for the other, maybe in different speed modes as well.

I just finish my test outside. Big empty parking witchout any random WiFi. On iphone nothing really changed. Still had 3-5 meters range. On android phone i had maybe 10 meters before one BuWizz disconnected. All test I was made on ludicrous mode. Sad thing is that on android after break 3-5 meters lags appears. I do not testing single units when car is on top of something but i wlii do this and share teh results. But unfortunatelly results that i have already is not really prommising and it is really long way to reach 50-60 meters like BuWizz say that he can achieve.

18 hours ago, Rizzus said:

I just finish my test outside. Big empty parking witchout any random WiFi. On iphone nothing really changed. Still had 3-5 meters range. On android phone i had maybe 10 meters before one BuWizz disconnected. All test I was made on ludicrous mode. Sad thing is that on android after break 3-5 meters lags appears. I do not testing single units when car is on top of something but i wlii do this and share teh results. But unfortunatelly results that i have already is not really prommising and it is really long way to reach 50-60 meters like BuWizz say that he can achieve.

50-60 meters is in ideal circumstances, but I agree you range is a bit low. Personally I use two phones and there is a world of difference, the older phones seem to have a stronger BT with higher range.

@Zerobricks - is there any reason why I can't activate more than two sliders at the same time? I have a configuration with three sliders (two XLs on channel 1 and one servo each on channels 2 & 3) but if I want to drive and use both servos at the same time I can't - either I drive and use one servo or use two servos and don't drive. If I try to move the three sliders at the same time, one of them always remains in neutral.

Thanks in advance :blush: