Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

On 11/29/2017 at 4:55 AM, MajklSpajkl said:

In addition to other questions - so there is no chance to upgrade the so called buwizz 1.0 to 2.0? There is an actual hardware change/upgrade made in orther to get ludicrous on not just some software which allows more current to the components?

+1 to this and pretty much all other comments.  Summary:  Those that have bought the product are happy with the performance, but not with the reliability nor the app.  So, to have more performance but no news about increasing the reliability nor the app addresses issues that pretty much no customer had (performance) while not addressing concerns that nearly all customers had (reliability and the app). Doesn't seem to follow the first rule of business...... identify the demand and create a product that will fill it.  

I bought a BUWIZZ in mid-November,hasn't been sent out yet.But Today,buwizz website has been shut down.

1 hour ago, jaffrry said:

I bought a BUWIZZ in mid-November,hasn't been sent out yet.But Today,buwizz website has been shut down.

Same here :cry_sad: 

Add https:// and it seems to be still alive.

I got my Buwizz 2.0 just 4 days after placing the order. This thing is awesome and so easy to use. I put it in my Miura and Caterham.

I also made a tracked racer with train motors but it just ripped the tracks off.

@JamesJT, what are the motors and gearing ratio did you use for them? And did you compare the speed with a "fast" mode? I'm curious if the difference really visible...

I found the original video (with LiPo)  were Miura drives not so fast, so I'm asking about the gears if you have changed them occasionally:

All done.

I had to remove one of the motors to make room for the receiver. I'm going to have to buy a BuWizz.

Edited April 27 by JamesJT 
Updated Video

Edited by Void_S

5 hours ago, Void_S said:

@JamesJT, what are the motors and gearing ratio did you use for them? And did you compare the speed with a "fast" mode? I'm curious if the difference really visible...

Blue one has 1xL motor geared up 20:12. The black one has 2xL geared up 24:8.

I did check fast vs ludicrous and there is a noticeable difference in speed and the sound motors make. I don't own a Buwizz V1 so I can't compare it to that but even slow mode on the V2 is better than a regular lego IR set up.

I have purchased 2 Buwizz 2.0 in the middle of December. However, I have some problems with one of them.  When I connected servo motor (this happens only with servo) to the 4th BuWizz output - the servo starts twitching. Also, this starts only if the voltage is higher than 7Volts (in slow mode all is fine). I emailed at the BuWizz support 2 times - no answer.
Maybe someone has the same problem?

Here's a short video of my last motorized project (topic here)

Sadly, my BuWizz brick don't work properly anymore. Battery is dead, hence the usb wire on the video to power the brick. And more importantly, if I use two control at the same time, the brick just stop, and I need to cut the power and restart it. :sceptic:

That said, I can still use it in some projects.

Got mine BuWizz 2.0 yesterday and would like to share my opinion:

1. The "Ludicrous" mode appears only if you activate it at the settings screen (where you assigns the controls to the sockets). After its activation, the three-position switch changes from "Slow \ Normal \ Fast" to "Normal \ Fast \ Ludicrous" values (I was expecting something like "Slow \ Normal \ Fast \ Ludicrous", well, who knows... :wink:).

2. It was a surprise that polarity (or direction?) has been changed in 2.0 version: right after replacement V1.0 to 2.0 in my MOC, I found that it drives and steers backward. It didn't drop the settings (I've used one motor in inverted mode), just inverted the polarity. Now it seems to match with TLG receivers and Sbrick.

3. "Servo tremor at 4th socket" - honestly I didn't check it yet, but I will soon and let you know, @Andy48.

To recap, the Ludicrous mode looks like a real 4th step above the "Fast" - it provides about the same gain to Fast, as the difference between Fast and Normal. I feel I must care about brakes now :sceptic:

51 minutes ago, Void_S said:

3. "Servo tremor at 4th socket" - honestly I didn't check it yet, but I will soon and let you know, @Andy48.

My V2 does the servo "tremor" on port 4, I just switched the settings and put in port 1 where there are no such issues. It is a bit strange that it does this.

Hi every one. I'm reading all of you since a time for now. 

I have Two buwizz V.1 they work fine with my Sony E5 (also test the app from Imurvai so good too)

But now all of you and also in the french community talks about V2.0 and ludicrous mode. In fact i dont understand why is the option appears in the setting screen if Nothing happens when started...

My last update (from the phone) was in november or early december ... Is someone knows if it s possible to update the V1.0 brick for V2.0 if not that's a very bad joke from buwizz dev...

Thanks to you all for this tread anyway !!

@miata92, no, you can't update V1 to V2 just using some software tricks - they are seems to different inside (a different hardware that more stable and could handle a higher power with no issues, I suppose). It's a reason why the application recognises which the version is connected. 

8 hours ago, miata92 said:

Is someone knows if it s possible to update the V1.0 brick for V2.0 if not that's a very bad joke from buwizz dev...

Yes, it is a bad joke...:hmpf_bad:

11 hours ago, miata92 said:

Is someone knows if it s possible to update the V1.0 brick for V2.0 if not that's a very bad joke from buwizz dev...

I'd call it rather a simple coding error that came with the latest update. Previously you did not see the ludicrous option for BuWizz v1, and even if you select it on the config screen the option won't appear on the speed selector (correctly). I'm sure it will disappear for V1 with the next update.

Hi every body

I ordered two new Buwizzes (V2) and got them really fast. However, one of the two buwizz does have a problem. I cannot turn it off again. The green/yellow light is just flashing and the button doesn't have any effect on the Buwizz. Does anybody have an ideo how to solve this problem?

Cheers FT

1 minute ago, functionalTechnic said:

Hi every body

I ordered two new Buwizzes (V2) and got them really fast. However, one of the two buwizz does have a problem. I cannot turn it off again. The green/yellow light is just flashing and the button doesn't have any effect on the Buwizz. Does anybody have an ideo how to solve this problem?

Cheers FT

Turn off bluetooth on your phone :)

Hey all, has anyone used the V2's ludicrous option on a train yet?

I'm still on the fence about these, but would like to get one to try it out soon...

I remade my 500 abarth with my V2. The video shows the difference in speed (and sound) between Normal, Fast and Ludicrous modes.

1 hour ago, JamesJT said:

I remade my 500 abarth with my V2. The video shows the difference in speed (and sound) between Normal, Fast and Ludicrous modes.

Holy moley. That is f***ing fast.... :pir-laugh::laugh:

I’m starting to regret I traded my BuWizz Kickstarter pledge against 2 sbricks, although they serve me well in the Sheo’s Terex and my other 2 in Jurgen’s Telehandler (thanks @Kelkschiz for reaching out). Seriously considering to buy BuWizz V2 now I see all these new enhancements.

3 hours ago, emielroumen said:

I’m starting to regret I traded my BuWizz Kickstarter pledge against 2 sbricks, although they serve me well in the Sheo’s Terex and my other 2 in Jurgen’s Telehandler (thanks @Kelkschiz for reaching out). Seriously considering to buy BuWizz V2 now I see all these new enhancements.

don't regret, at least you get to buy V2 with no regrets while i backed 2 of the v1 and feel cheated having a v2 released so soon....

4 hours ago, leinaud said:

don't regret, at least you get to buy V2 with no regrets while i backed 2 of the v1 and feel cheated having a v2 released so soon....

I second that!

so i am on the fence with v2. Bought v1 and loved it.....but not happy about v2 coming out so fast.  Whats to stop them from a v3 coming out soon, or some form of more reliable v2?

17 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

so i am on the fence with v2. Bought v1 and loved it.....but not happy about v2 coming out so fast.  Whats to stop them from a v3 coming out soon, or some form of more reliable v2?

That's called product development... there's always a next iteration of a product with something more or different to offer. Development cycle can be 1-2 years but can be months as well. DJI introduced the Spark drone only half a year ago, I bought it before Christmas. I never thought they will introduce the Mavic Air which is like a Spark 2.0, and it has the exact features I was missing from my Spark. Can I complain? Sure I can, but there's really no point...