Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

Very nice contribution to the topic.  Honestly, I was hoping someone would take a video as they were actually using the app.  I was going to do it myself if no one had posted something in the next week or so.  Great job. 

4 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Very nice contribution to the topic.  Honestly, I was hoping someone would take a video as they were actually using the app.  I was going to do it myself if no one had posted something in the next week or so.  Great job. 

Cheers! Thats exactly why i wanted to make one. Thanks for the feedback! Im looking to make an extreme crawler one of these days with the BuWizz

Hey! Did anyone else observe the same issue that the Servo is always inverted? It happens for the all sockets and meanwhile it works proper if I re-connect it to Sbrick or IR-receiver (I didn't apply the "invert" tweak nowhere).

Other motors works with no issues, so I suppose that just the X-axis of Buwizz joystick is inverted.

Edited by Void_S

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Hey! Did anyone else observe the same issue that the Servo is always inverted? It happens for the all sockets and meanwhile it works proper if I re-connect it to Sbrick or IR-receiver (I didn't apply the "invert" tweak nowhere).

Other motors works with no issues, so I suppose that just the X-axis of Buwizz joystick is inverted.

Yes Void_S, I did notice this as well, the x-axis is inverted. I cannot figure out why, it must have something to do with the polarity but hopefully this will be fixed with an app update. Currently I'm building a crawler specifically designed around the BuWizz. I'm using a m-motor for steering.

Not sure if you guys realized, there's a new version of the Android app with 2 additional profiles - two sliders for precision steering for cars and and a four slider control setup.

It also might be handy for some, I created a very simple adapter setup to fit the BuWizz unit in the place of the AA battery box in the 42065 RC tracked racer:

P4040098_EB_ret.jpg

Edited by kbalage

41 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Not sure if you guys realized, there's a new version of the Android app with 2 additional profiles - two sliders for precision steering for cars and and a four slider control setup.

Thanks! Just got it, but don't have unit with me. Looking like a step in right direction.

I guess controls are still fixed, with no option to manually move them across the screen?

@Milan Yes , still fixed. 

Many thanks for the new controls , the 8466 look fantastic on the controls selection menu!

7 minutes ago, LXF said:

@Milan Yes , still fixed.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Controls are fixed, these are the new layouts:

Looking good! One of the next updates should be the option to fine tune slider's properties, AND to drag&drop sliders and joysticks on the screen. On tablets, or even on 6+ inches phones, it is hard to reach inner controls, specifically on Loader layout.

6 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Still no update for adding multiple ports to one slider or lights on/off switch?

Nope so far. Also I noticed that X-axis (steering) for the "race" layout is still inverted, as well as X- and Y-sliders (movement) for a new "precise steering" layout.

I left them a feedback at their website, but suppose that so far I'll need to rebuild some MOCs (our just rotate my phone upside down :grin: )

9 hours ago, Void_S said:

Nope so far. Also I noticed that X-axis (steering) for the "race" layout is still inverted, as well as X- and Y-sliders (movement) for a new "precise steering" layout.

I left them a feedback at their website, but suppose that so far I'll need to rebuild some MOCs (our just rotate my phone upside down :grin: )

The direction on both channels can be inverted in "Setup" section of BuWizz app:)

9 hours ago, Void_S said:

when you are setting up your controls there is a small white arrow. push it to invert the polarity of that output

Just now, LXF said:

when you are setting up your controls there is a small white arrow. push it to invert the polarity of that output

Yes, I found it and I used it previously :wink:, but current version of the application doesn't keep this parameter, so I was setting it every time when I launched the application.

I guess once we will be able to create our own profiles , will be able to keep that parameter. Imho now it doesn't keep it because you may be connecting your BuWizz to a different MOC, so you may not want that parameter to be kept @Void_S

Well, it supposed to keep, however it doesn't stable enough and may flush this setting (and only it, as I observed) even in case of the same MOC with the same BuWizz brick and same layout... Beta is beta anyway :classic:

But I so satisfied with a hardware part :grin:

6 hours ago, Void_S said:

Well, it supposed to keep, however it doesn't stable enough and may flush this setting (and only it, as I observed) even in case of the same MOC with the same BuWizz brick and same layout... Beta is beta anyway :classic:

But I so satisfied with a hardware part :grin:

I am in agreement. Once the finite adjustments are made to the app, this will be an incredible piece of kit. Right now the hardware and motor power is awesome!! 

Does anyone else have a problem updating the BuWizz? Mine can't update at all , the update screen pops up , but nothing else happens, and each time I have to restart the BuWizz and the app. I tried on a different phone , but no success

2 minutes ago, LXF said:

Does anyone else have a problem updating the BuWizz? Mine can't update at all , the update screen pops up , but nothing else happens, and each time I have to restart the BuWizz and the app. I tried on a different phone , but no success

I had no problems with my update. I use android. Opened my phone the other day and i was suprised to find a BuWizz update! Try resetting your phone and use a wifi connection

2 hours ago, LXF said:

Make sure you have the latest app, I had a similar issue when I tried to use a previous version

I received two of these the other day. I can't seem to update the firmware at all. They work but there is a huge delay between operating the controls and and the motors responding, making it impossible to control my models accurately. Does anybody else have this problem?

I have tried restarting both the Buwizz and the app several times but with the same results.

My kid just realized that he could use BuWizz as a battery box. His phone was dead and he wanted to drive his (mine?) trains. So he just connected the IR receiver to BuWizz and it worked without the need for running the BuWizz app. Well, perhaps it's normal for a majority but at least I was surprised.

Now I have a problem, how to get my BuWizz back.