Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

@philo: being used to normal batteries this came as a bit surprise. But it is a nice feature.

8 hours ago, kbalage said:

Can you please share the information you received? Did they start shipping already? According to the Kickstarter post they'll provide tracking numbers, but didn't recieve any yet.. 

I also made some tests with the new app and the older prototype unit I have, reported my findings and the bugs I saw but got no feedback since then.. can't wait to compare it with the final product.

They said my shipment would "definitely" go out in March.  Just did not have exact date. Unlike others though, they did not want clarification on address or anything....

Received mine but it keeps on blinking red, can't kill the light. Anybody any ideas?

Just now, Kim72 said:

Received mine but it keeps on blinking red, can't kill the light. Anybody any ideas?

Did you try charging it yet?

Just now, Kim72 said:

Yeah, did that for couple of hours, no change

Does your phone see the BuWizz? Did you try restarting the phone? I had a simillar issue once, lost connection with BuWizz while it was updating. After phone restart i was able to see it again and update firmware.

Edited by Zero (Zblj)

3 hours ago, Kim72 said:

Well that's not a great start.

@Zero my tablet does see the buwizz, but cant hurt to restart the thing. Will try tonight, add work now.

Cant use phone because its windows and buwizz has no windows version of the app.

I had the same problem, and I think it was due to a problem with the app version and the brick software not updated.... Anyway it was resolved after (many) updates of both the app and the brick.

1 hour ago, Bob De Quatre said:

I had the same problem, and I think it was due to a problem with the app version and the brick software not updated.... Anyway it was resolved after (many) updates of both the app and the brick.

By many updates you mean you tried updating and kept trying? Cos when mine is updating it doesn't seem to do anything, no progress bar and after half an hour still nothing happening.

6 minutes ago, Kim72 said:

By many updates you mean you tried updating and kept trying? Cos when mine is updating it doesn't seem to do anything, no progress bar and after half an hour still nothing happening.

Be sure to run the latest version of the app, and then let the brick update itself (when clicking "start the engine"). I sometime started the update and came back few hours later...

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Be sure to run the latest version of the app, and then let the brick update itself (when clicking "start the engine"). I sometime started the update and came back few hours later...

A few hours?  WOw.  Hopefully someone from Buwizz will chime in on this problem and offer the correct procedure to get these working.

Just now, technic_addict said:

A few hours?  WOw.  Hopefully someone from Buwizz will chime in on this problem and offer the correct procedure to get these working.

The update didn't took that long, but just to be sure, I left my phone alone and watched a movie or something like this. Usually when I got back, the update was done :wink:

For me the correct procedure was to have the app in its latest version. The brick updated, and everything is running smooth since then!

So I did a systems update of my tablet and than let the buwizz update overnight, when I woke up this morning, it was 1/3 done.

So I left it updating and went to work, will let you know how far it came when I get back home in about 6 hours from now.

Hi all,

We see first users are reporting problems with FW update on Android.

We tested BuWizz with all Android devices we could lay our hands on, found several issues and corrected them.

Since there is almost an infinite number of combinations of Android device, OS version, BT chipset, drivers, etc., we can not possibly test all of them. We will do continuous improvements, but need your help.

What you can try:

1. Charge BuWizz for 2-3 hours; you can do the FW update while charging

2. Your Android device needs internet connection enabled

3. If FW update fails (RED LED blinking on BuWizz), restart your Android device and the app and try again

4. Please try with a different Android device (borrow it if you can; newer devices from Samsung, Motorola, Sony, etc. should work OK)

5. Report the issues, Android version and device type to support@buwizz.com

Thanks

Dear Buwizz and community. I cannot find the Buwizz app for iPhone or iPad on the AppStore. Is it not released yet or am I searching using wrong keywords?

So my boyfriend received the test flight link on his iPad and I updated buwizz with it, done in a few seconds!
Than I deinstalled the app from his iPad and started the app on my Lenovo tab2 and it works like a charm!
Sometimes it takes a few tries for the app to connect with the buwizz, but it works, very happy now!
Edited by Kim72

Test retail Buwizz version. Thanks Roni for early access:wink:

Here is overview, weight check and  Snow forest test drive with 42065. BT range is very good, and M motors work well now (comparing to beta Buwizz)

Edited by rm8

Thanks for the review Egor! Your tracked snow speeder is, well, speedy :wink: Runs great!

We are working on Android issues (ah, so many combinations of different hardware + Android versions), testing on several new devices.

Updated iOS & Android apps (with new features) coming soon :classic:

Edited by Ron1

5 hours ago, rm8 said:

Here is overview, weight check and  Snow forest test drive with 42065. BT range is very good, and M motors work well now (comparing to beta Buwizz)

This is helpful. Exactly what I wanted to see.comparing old lego pf functions to new buWizz performance...

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted video.

Well, to say the truth, 42065 is bad example of how powerful Buwizz is. If speed is slow with standard 7,2 v, difference will be not so visible on the video, when you power such slow vehicle with 10 volt. The effect of Buwizz boost is much more sensible on high-speed vehicles with geared up L motors and RC Buggy motors. Boosted tortoise is still tortoise. Buwizz is not a magic wand, but it will work perfect on perfectly prepared vehicle with fast and effective transmission.

On 5/3/2017 at 11:10 AM, Kim72 said:
So my boyfriend received the test flight link on his iPad and I updated buwizz with it, done in a few seconds!
Than I deinstalled the app from his iPad and started the app on my Lenovo tab2 and it works like a charm!
Sometimes it takes a few tries for the app to connect with the buwizz, but it works, very happy now!

Great that it's finally working!

13 hours ago, rm8 said:

Very nice review! Lots of technical specs and comparison with other configurations... things that I won't have to do in my review :sweet:

Hi there, I received my BuWizz last friday and I did a little review including a comparison between BuWizz, SBrick and Lego PF on the example of buggy motors. Below you'll see the video. Should I also do a written review? Would this be interesting to you?

Edited by jrx

jrx, thanks for a great review! Again and again I saw how powerful is it and was afraid of big spending on tires, but now I see that this monster eats even 5x7 frames which I considered extremely strong and rigid... Bravo BuWizz team!

Edited by Void_S

Has anyone received a message from DHL about shipping info?  I received an email Monday but nothing has happened since.  Are all kickstarter campaigns like this??

The following shipment is being sent by Roni Leben from FORTRONIK d.o.o. via DHL Express on 13.03.2017
The estimated transit time is 2 days.

It is now 5 days later and all it says is:

Monday, March 13, 2017 Location Time Piece
1 Shipment information received LJUBLJANA - SLOVENIA 16:31