Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

Congratulations! Luckily it's summer, so I'm not that bummed it's not November yet :). And when it's November, I will not be bummed at all!

Congratulations! Unfortunately the budget didn't stretch to two, but I will be eagerly looking forward to how this progresses.

Seems another guy changed his pledge or something, because another $89 Early Bird Special is up for grabs again right now. So whoever was on the fence like me, knock yourself out.

Congrats! Super looking forward to this now. Makes my in progress MOC that much better as I can now scrap the RC control unit I was looking at having to use with my RC motors!

Thank you all for supporting BuWizz - we made it to the goal with your support!

Now the "real" work begins for us - making BuWizz a product.

We'll do our best!

PS: campaign is not over yet; there are still the stretch goals ;-)

Edited by Ron1

Congratulations on funding, I am very glad because this will be excellent for compact builds!

I do hope that the API is open-source, however. Open source programs, historically, are higher-quailty than closed-source programs.

I also hope the 75k stretch goal is reached.

Question- what is the speed difference between non-ludicrous and ludicrous? I would like some factual data on this, is it 5%, is it 10%, etc.

I was a wise decision to offer the Double Special :thumbup:

Congrats of being funded!

I really like this product and might consider buying one.

Really fun to see this creation build in popularity. Really looking forward to the end result guys/gals. Hats off to your ingenuity and drive....

how much faster is ludicrous mode compared to normal mode?

You can take a look at my video. The chassis is driving in Normal mode, until 0:29 when I switch to Ludicrous. After that I change to Slow. Not the best video, I know, but you can see the difference.

I am not really sure why it's a stretch goal, since it already seems to be in the prototype. Or did I miss something? Will it be even faster?! Ulta-Ludicrous?! :tongue:

You can take a look at my video. The chassis is driving in Normal mode, until 0:29 when I switch to Ludicrous. After that I change to Slow. Not the best video, I know, but you can see the difference.

I am not really sure why it's a stretch goal, since it already seems to be in the prototype. Or did I miss something? Will it be even faster?! Ulta-Ludicrous?! :tongue:

Once they introduced the concept of more than two speeds I was hoping to see that the voltage would be adjustable in increments of .1 or .5 volts. I may be wrong on this, but it seems like the voltage output can be set to any level, so why not give the user the ability to set a specific voltage on top of selecting presets.

I'll let Roni answer this one.

Hi Roni,

I'm just curious, can you give us an update on what has happened between the end of the kickstarter campaign and now?

Thx!