Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

Nice work on the standalone mode! That's really useful for demonstration purposes etc. You are getting closer and closer and I am convinced you will reach your goal.

Gamepad support (for Android) is great! Hopefully you will be able to implement direct control too. That would really be awesome.

Wow, great implements!

Special thanks for standalone mode!

I hope it will reach the goal:)

Edited by LXF

No gamepad support for iOS?:(

However, my heart is beating happily as the goal is being reached. Yeee!

No gamepad support for iOS?:(

There might be direct RC support, which is even better. So let's hope that will become a reality.

Gamepad support and battery-only mode, those are two fantastic additions.

I'll keep the interest up as much as I can and hope that the typical near-end surge gives you the funding you need!

Good work! I'm also pretty convinced that you will be successful in the campaign. It's picking up speed at the last minute, so high hopes!

*crosses fingers* technically you only need 11 more people to support the 2 BuWizz special and it gets funded! (at least last I checked)

Edited by leinaud

I like it and it's well presented. I would love to pledge a decent amount but this has come at a bad time for me financially. I'm sure it will reach it's goal in time.

Good luck with it

H

This seems like a really nice addition to the PF palette, it works well and delivers loads of power it seems. :thumbup:

You need to work on your driving skills though Jim, how can they let you on the road like that? :laugh:

Hi all, we just posted an update on our Kickstarter page, announcing following news:

Android App:

We developed the first version of the Android App, which is undergoing testing as we speak. Please see ZeroBrick's race car drifting on sand & paved road!

Stand alone mode:

A lot of people have asked for this and now it is official: BuWizz will have a stand alone mode. It will be able to act as battery, even without app connection. The power button will be used to cycle between modes (Slow - Normal - Fast - Off), LED will be used to indicate selected mode.

Game pad support:

BuWizz will support gamepad controls from the start. We will implement the universal Android gamepad (Android phone/tablet will be needed for this to work). Direct gamepad to BuWizz connection might follow later, but we can't promise this just yet.

We are getting close to reaching the $50.000 goal! Please help make BuWizz a real product and keep spreading the word about BuWizz to your friends.

Thanks for your support and thank you Jim for the review!

Excellent, I am very happy that this is only $1400 from funding success, surely it will reach this as more people see Jim's review.

You need to work on your driving skills though Jim, how can they let you on the road like that? :laugh:

That's why I was driving in a confined space :laugh:

That's why I was driving in a confined space :laugh:

Maybe you could drive trains. No steering involved. :classic: I don't think anyone has done a review of BuWizz running trains? It seems like a great all-in-one device for the non-9V LEGO PF trains at events and you're not limited by 8 IR channels. How long can it run a 6 car Horizon Express train on one full charge? Ludicrous may provide the extra power to pull very long trains.

Any answer to mechamike´s question from june 28th?

I like this project, but for BuWizz to be sold on the market it needs to be CE marked for Europe https://en.wikipedia...wiki/CE_marking (Similar FCC in the US to https://en.wikipedia...n_of_Conformity) also EMC test have to be done I suppose ? https://en.wikipedia...c_compatibility, is this something you have taken into consideration (financially?)since this is pretty expensive as I understand?

First of all, I really like an idea of more-than-basic PF controller. However:

1. Price

When you compare the price to the PF rechargeable battery box ($40 plus a $30 transformer makes $70) combined with two PF IR receivers ($15 each) it results in more or less the same price. I know most of us will have plenty IR Receivers, but it's only fair to compare the complete package.

Fair comparison is $15 x 2 + $13 + $12 (cost of 6 AAA rechargeable batteries) = $55 vs $100, with added bonus of replaceable batteries.

2. Setup

IR connection require switch in correct position; BT connection require pairing. Depending on firmware this may limit connectivity to 1/2/3 specific phone(s)/tablet(s).

3. Connectivity

Connecting BT stuff to iPhone require Apple's certification and maybe royalties. This is not even mentioned on product page, and may add to cost.

4. API availability

Closed, proprietary API is bad idea in almost any case, and this is not an exception. Lack of reasonably open API is definitely a drawback.

Any answer to mechamike´s question from june 28th?

CE, FCC and similar certifications are usually handled by supplier of BT component.

Congratulations!!!! :moar: :moar: :moar:

Yaahoooo! Congratulations!

Make it up to 75k ;)

Well been on the fence about this for a while, but when I saw an Early Bird Special for one BuWizz up again just now (guess somebody decided to alter his pledge from that option to another), I jumped in. Should be fun with RC motors.

Congratulation!!

Made back for this project just few minutes ago. Waiting for Christmas to get two of them :wink:

Well been on the fence about this for a while, but when I saw an Early Bird Special for one BuWizz up again just now (guess somebody decided to alter his pledge from that option to another), I jumped in. Should be fun with RC motors.

You're welcome. :laugh: I changed mine to two units.