Sign in to follow this  
Ilija Simon

[MOC] Diocletian's palace

Dear EuroBickers,

let me share with you my Lego Ideas project which is submitted for voting on 19.04.2016. and currently has 1.439 votes with 488 days to go.

The creation is Lego Diocletian's Palace from 305. AD and it represents one of the world best preserved Roman monuments and it is part of the UNESCO heritage. Also, nowdays it is the center of my hometown, Split, Croatia.

-snip-

Thank you for your time and please let me know what you think about my project!

D4rMU1.jpg

j6evX8.jpg

WuOv4R.jpg

Well, I saw the Title, but your MOC is very true to the source material, And I see you made a reconstruction of the Palace, than recreated it's present state...

Why are you even submitting this? We all know that this set won't make it ....

Why do you even live? We all know that you will die one day...

It's awesome for such a scale. I understand why you used LDD though I never use it myself. It's because LEGO fans use only LEGO parts which they have they need more imagination to create smth new each time. And one is never limited in details using LDD. Anyhow your project is worth not onle LEGO ideas but also N Y or Tokyo Toy Fair (or any other as well). Perhaps if you share it there it will become even more popular in LEGO ideas.When I support LEGO ideas projects I follow the author and the creation to give more cluch power. It is necessary to get more chances for those who have more than 10 000. So good luck.

It looks great, however if you could build it that would be much better.

But I don't think this will ever make it to sale. Not because its bad, but because of Legos history with what they sell. This is an unknown monument to most people in the world. Its size is quite large for a mico model as well. When Lego passes something on Ideas they pass stuff that they know will sell. This has no special parts, and I don't see a lot of people picking this off store shelves.

A while back someone built an awesome Goonies pirate ship set. It made it to 100000 and was awesome… Lego Denied it. Lego ideas works well with Know Historic structures or sets with high playability or nostalgia such as the Dr. Who, birds, back to the future.

Good luck with your endeavor. Those are just my honest opinions.

Why do you even live? We all know that you will die one day...

Why did you even sign-up here? From the looks of it just to promote this on Ideas... Which is not allowed if you have read the site's guidelines. That's why I've removed most of the Ideas promotion. Feel free to post mocs and a link to the Lego Ideas topic. But here on EB the focus has to be on the moc. And if it's good enough to become a set, people will vote for it without asking for it.

Thank you all for your comments, I'll try to answer all the questions you posted here. I'm aware that my Palace would probably not see the Lego stores shelves. This is not my first LDD project and I know how the things work with LEGO. As the Diocletian's Palace is center of my hometown today, I've put it on the Lego Ideas with more emotional reasons, rather than the economical. I wanted to spread the word about Lego, LDD and Lego Ideas in the Croatia and motivate kids here to make their own creations. So far, I'm very pleased how the story goes in Croatia. I've done a few interviews, been on the TV news and even got the letter of support from the president.

I wanted to share my idea with people on this forum to see what the people outside Croatia think about it and maybe get a few votes on Lego Ideas. No, I don't expect that I will gain 9.500 votes in few days just because I signed here and no, Diocletian's palace is not my only creation and it's not the reason I'm here. I'm working only in LDD for now and I'll be happy to share my creations with you if you are interested.

Yes, I've red the forum rules and you don't need to threaten me with them, if you don't accept Lego fans who don't make creation from the real bricks, just say.

I'm not asking anybody to vote for my project, if they like it-they will vote for it. I just wanted to spread the word. Many amazing Lego Ideas projects didn't make it because not enough people knew about it.

iVe7zf.jpg

VqlDGN.jpg

m7HL0u.jpg

This is my Star Trek movie MOC representing one of my favorite scenes when Kirk, Olsen And Sulu make a space jump to land on the Romulan mining device called ''the drill'' and try to disable it. The Romulans are using the drill to make a hole in the planet Vulcan and once the hole reaches the planet center, captain Nero from the Romulan ship Narada wants to drop the container with the ''red matter'' into the hole. The Red Matter can create a singularity ( the black hole) and consume the planet from the inside. The second part of the set shows the moment when Nero prepares the Red Matter.