Sign in to follow this  
THERIZE

Rating System For Posts.

I've seen this on another forum and I'm curious if this could be something for Eurobricks, A rating system. Lets say I like a post: I can press the like button. if I don't like it, I can use the dislike button. If I love the post, so on.

I don't know if I'm allowed to place links so sites not related to LEGO but the first post of (https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/folding-2nd-row-seats-coming.72125/) shows an example.

-Rize

It's a feature in the board we're using. Enabling it has been discussed before and decided against.

Any particular reason why? I think a Like or Upvote button would be cool. A downvote maybe unnecessary cause people could spam it, but I think people could express that they find a post funny by using that intead of going :head_back::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::rofl::roflmao:

I'm in favor of a "Thanks" button rather than a "Like" button. That way if someone made a helpful post in a discussion thread you could simply hit the "Thank" button rather than respond, because responding wouldn't always be necessary and could clutter up the thread. Potentially this button could be limited to discussion threads and not MOCs.

We could implement a Reddit-type upvote/downvote thing. I totally get if you don't want to, but if we were to add a system, I would recommend taking inspiration from Reddit.

I also feel the reasons for NOT having like buttons is still valid. I would hate to see EB become like Facebook. We are talking less and less and people are just clicking buttons more and more. We need to encourage more communication, not less. Like buttons just encourage less communication.

Just MHO, YMMV,

Andy D

The best way to show that you like a topic/post is to reply to it. After all, this isn't a clicking site, it's a forum discussion site.

t2_zpsjukdrcpu.jpg:classic:

:thumbup:

The best way to show that you like a topic/post is to reply to it. After all, this isn't a clicking site, it's a forum discussion site.

I think that Darkdragon just nailed it. :classic::thumbup: Edited by Lind Whisperer

I absolutely agree. Adding a rating system to EB would be to change and to turn it into something like Facebook with a rating system, which has never been the idea behind EB.