Assuming I am getting the firehouse headquarter, which one would you recommend to get? 21108 or this one? Can 21108 be modified to hold 4 mini-figures?

Lovely review - I am even more pleased with the resectful and congratulatory comments in this section. I expected lots of whining about the new film rather than appreciating such a good review of a fairly accurate and amazing set. Even those who dislike the film/set have been really appropriate in the comments and it gives me a bit more faith in the internet after seeing all the ridiculous and sometimes hurtful and discriminative comments around the web makes me much happier :)

Just to get it out of the way, I have zero interest in this film and want this LEGO set to do as badly as I want the film itself to flop. Why? Because I want this reboot to be a one and done and the reality is that box office isn't the only factor. Another factor is how merchandise does, and that includes this set. I want a clear message being sent to Sony: Don't ever do this again.

That said, once it's been established one way or the other the future of this franchise, and if I happen to have the extra money, I might at a much later date consider picking this set up at that time. I agree that TLG did a great job designing this set and those female minifigure hair pieces look awesome! I also love how the reboot Ecto-1 does a much better job of having space for all four main characters to sit, unlike the Lego Ideas set of the original Ecto-1. That was in my mind the biggest flaw of that original set. I could see mixing some of the parts from this set with custom ideas for my main GB sets.

So, good review and thanks for sharing! :D

What a beautiful set. This is one of the few licensed sets I plan on getting anytime soon. I mean, it's got a great build, great parts and great figs. Especially that demon. Maybe it changes colors during the movie?

On a side note, I can't understand how people can dislike a movie which features a giant sheet ghost as its main villain.

I'm still going to buy this, even though I have no interest in the movie. In my LEGO world narrative, this is not a reboot, just a group of gals who take on the mantle of the original.

Which is exactly what the movie should have been i the first place. After the death of one of their own the original team realizes it's time to retire and they sell the Ghostbusters stuff to the four women.

Which is exactly what the movie should have been i the first place. After the death of one of their own the original team realizes it's time to retire and they sell the Ghostbusters stuff to the four women.

While I am looking forward to the new movie I do wish that it was a sequel as opposed to a reboot. My thought was the original team would have retired years ago due to an accident that cost Egon his life. Peter and Ray went back to working at a university where Abby and Erin of the new team would have attended one of their lectures. Leading to them writing their book and setting into motion the events of the new movie.

While I am looking forward to the new movie I do wish that it was a sequel as opposed to a reboot. My thought was the original team would have retired years ago due to an accident that cost Egon his life. Peter and Ray went back to working at a university where Abby and Erin of the new team would have attended one of their lectures. Leading to them writing their book and setting into motion the events of the new movie.

That works for me too. If they did that I think it would be more Jurassic World and less Independence Day 2.

That works for me too. If they did that I think it would be more Jurassic World and less Independence Day 2.

Two things:

1: The general discussion topic for the movie is here.

2: Making the reboot more like a crappy movie is generally a bad move.

We did so well for a whole page of comments - why has this devolved into movie talk now? Take it to Culture & Multimedia and stay on the LEGO. Thanks.

This set is super cool. Those hairpieces are just amazing. Unfortunately my Lego budget this summer is directed at Marvel and the Detectives Office!

I am very looking forward to the film. Especially Kate McKinnon is hilariously funny and I hope they can transport that to the big screen. About the car: apart from a few things i don't really like (rear door, lack of interior space in the back), it seems to be a worthy legorization. I will definitely get it!

Excellent review, thanks for focusing on the LEGO and not the movie! :thumbup: I'm not interested at all in Ghostbusters so I won't be picking this up unless the price slumps dramatically (I suppose that's possible if the film really isn't well-received), but those minifigure heads and hairpieces are wonderful.

For those interested, this is out now in Smyths in Ireland, saw several of them in store. :wink:

Do you have the original Ideas set to compare it with? I'm curious to see them together. Not sure if I want this one yet, it's more expensive than the other was.

You're right that Kevin's lack of leg printing is a little jarring. What's slightly more jarring even is that the shades of dark tan don't match up between the torso and legs because the torso comes from a different factory due to the arm printing (one can only assume China), whereas the legs are the European parts.

I heard something about Kevin made his own Ghostbusting suit, so it is not as good (and detailed) as the official suits

To go back to the lego set, It looks very good and the review is very detailed.

Thank you.

Thank you for the nice review, Clone OPatra. Regardless of the license, I think this is a nice car in LEGO. While we did already have a hearse before with the Monster Fighters theme, that design was more of a sweet street machined hotrod whereas this (minus the ghost busting equipment) is closer to a real life hearse. The winged demon is wicked awesome, and I always welcome new hairstyles of which this introduces a few.

Great review. Thanks Clonie. I look forward to pick up this set and put it with my Ecto 1. It will be quite a sight. :sweet:

I built the new Ecto-1 this afternoon. As much I liked the original this new one is a better set in pretty much every way. That being said the two look great together!

8B52191A-21CC-452F-AA4F-8B830CF893F9_zpslcuzweyx.jpg

Edited by Evildeadman

Loved your review. And loved the set for the unique female heads and design. Was planning on buying this set regardless of my thoughts on the movie. Great design work to whoever made it at LEGO!