Sign in to follow this  
Corydoras

Azari's house

azari_s_house_01_by_goshi_kun-da72daw.png

azari_s_house_02_by_goshi_kun-da72dfg.png

Azari the Fire Elf is homeless in canon, so I decided to build her a house, heavily modding the main part of 10245 Santa's Workshop. Sorry for the poor quality photos, I might replace them with better ones later!

Edited by Corydoras

Do you mean no roof at all? XD This is pretty much the only gripe I have about the official sets - the buildings have no roofs, just some curved slopes at the front making it look like there is a roof.

Hurrah! New elves MOC! Really nice details here, I like furniture on second floor, and windows there reminds Starlight Inn, so cozy. I just think it would be great to add more fire details somewhere. And I like this style of roof - it's good for someone like me who don't want spend much bricks for it :)

Lovely little house! Beautiful on the outside and well-furnished on the inside. I do feel like the roof would feel more "Elves-ish" if it had more of a curve to it, but it still looks really great, and the alternating plates and tiles help keep it from looking too plain. I love the tree growing out of the side because it really helps reinforce the theme that the elves live in harmony with nature. :classic:

It's great that you fit everything on a single 16x16 base. It's nice and compact but still makes good use of its space. Size-wise, I'm reminded a bit of one of my childhood favorite Castle sets, Majisto's Magical Workshop, although this one feels like more of a proper home and the roof peak is not so severe.

Edited by Aanchir

Thanks, guys! This is my first Elves MOC, but hopefully not the last, as I plan to build an entire elf village in the future, with more houses like this, a tavern, a herb shop and more.

It looks so comfy <3 Like a tiny inn! ANd looks very natural end elvish!

I agree on the roof - try to add the style it has in original sets only on the front - to make a nice Elvish roof!

I tried using the 1x3 curved slopes, but it looked really bad, making the whole thing look unnecessarily wide. And 3s' are pretty much the only curved slopes available in magenta. :sceptic:

Absolutely lovely creation! The garden in front and the furniture inside give it a very nice atmosphere and the roof looks nice to me, good balance between tiles and studs there. :classic::thumbup: It would look great next to the Starlight Inn!