cimddwc

[MOC] Hotel Dining Hall

Hi everyone!

Granted, this is just a part of my planned big Grand Palace Hotel, but it works on its own too, so here it is:

27180232224_0edaf546e0_c.jpg

27181108113_405eb5811c_c.jpg

27181105223_67e79daa95_c.jpg

Note that the black rigid hoses around the windows are not genuine Lego, but a cheap nylon tube. Shinier, but similar strength.

Let's remove the walls and have a look inside:

27181091903_6d334193f8_c.jpg

The piano is from the Friends Grand Hotel, by the way.

27757839226_72f0b5fe6d_c.jpg

Maybe I should have added more gold to the ceiling...

It's afternoon, so mostly drinks, coffee, pastries and ice cream are served.

27181098293_847c515270_c.jpg

27181095173_9b050e18b9_c.jpg

Painting on the back wall:

27181086963_29bb4c847f.jpg

ยป More photos in the Flickr album, as usual

Hope you like it. :) But don't expect the full hotel anytime soon...

/jaw drops

This is phenomenal!! The windows, the blinds, the chandeliers............

Inspiring stuff - your work always makes me want to go & build!!

There's so much to look at, stunning windows and amazing level of detail. I can only assume how much work went into this.

I really like the window, arches! In your third picture, there is a 1x6 DBgrey plate with the studs to the outside. That is because of the door underneath it?? Maybe it would be better, changing it and turning it around.. It is just a detail.. overall it is a great building and had great detail!!

LOVELY! And what a cast of characters coming to dinner! Design is first class with the arched windows, etc. The white color reminds me of the many old, grand marble hotels in Europe. Congrats on such a fine build!

This is beautiful. So much detail, even the ceiling with the stunning chandeliers. Can't wait to see the finished hotel.

Thanks, everyone!

In your third picture, there is a 1x6 DBgrey plate with the studs to the outside. That is because of the door underneath it?? Maybe it would be better, changing it and turning it around.. It is just a detail..

Yes, this plate (LBGrey, by the way) in the middle section is intentionally in this orientation, just to have some variation in that area in the middle above the door.

That looks really great, it really has that old grand hotel feel to it! :thumbup:

I agree on more gold on the ceiling to hide the underside of the plates a bit better (or make it upside down with tiles, or SNOT it..).

My other nitpick is that the black bar in the windows don't reach the top, there is a small gap there. Perhaps lowering the windows by 1 plate, or adding grips like you did in the lower part might solve it. Good luck on compelting this wonderful model!

Great start! I like the qindow design, haven't seen that before. Looking forward to the complete model.

Thanks again!

My other nitpick is that the black bar in the windows don't reach the top, there is a small gap there. Perhaps lowering the windows by 1 plate, or adding grips like you did in the lower part might solve it. Good luck on compelting this wonderful model!

Yeah, that gap... it didn't look that bad from above, I really should change that...

Great! Can't wait to see the final result. My favourite part is the decorative use of the underside of the 1x6 plates.

Beautiful! This can't possibly be done better. A great achievement of taste and building skills! The minifigs also create lovely scenes and make it really come alive :classic::thumbup:

Great detailing on the windows, I've often wanted to use flexi-tubing but the official stuff is too expensive. Where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking?

Looking forward to seeing more of the hotel develop! I'm guessing the guests will be able to walk on the roof of the dining hall?

I got the hose from an English ebay shop who calls it "1/8" O/D * 075" I/D NYLON TUBE BLACK 30 METER". 1/8"=3.175mm is close enough to 3.2mm. (Yes, I still got quite a few meters left... might use it as a guard rail along some train tracks.)

The hotel guests will indeed be able to walk and sunbathe (in the larger area) on the roof.

Beautiful moc, with so many details. Anyway, three men at dinner with their hat on, is not stuff for Grand Palace Hotel. :grin::laugh:

Outstanding detail and some very fun features. It must have taken a long time to plan and design this.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

I'm a bit late to the show, bit this is stunning as usual. Lots of details throughout, and a keen eye for archtitecture aswell.

Can't wait to see the finished hotel in some months. Will that be your biggest building yet, or is the train station larger?

Stunning!! Those windows are fantastic as are all the other little details (especially like the chandelier). Can't wait to see the rest of the hotel!!

Excellent work!!

Thanks again!

The main part of the hotel will be 120 studs long and 32-36 wide, so it will be larger than the train station building without platforms and tracks. (And I have no plans for anything bigger afterwards.)

Gorgeous! The framing around the windows and the chandeliers are my favourite details.

Looking forward to seeing the complete building.