27690204282_8af6a44b92_z_d.jpg

A LEGO Wind Turbine MOC and MOD of the LEGO Vestas Wind Turbine 4999.

The original 4999 sets are not only hard to find today but expensive so we worked with what we had in our inventory and bricklinked most of the key structural parts which were the 9 x White Slope, Curved 8 x 6 x 2 Double part #45411 and Curved 8 x 6 x 2 Inverted Double part #45410.

Since we were starting from scratch we changed the original scene of the restaurant into a modern seaside house.

27715609821_844e64a4ac_z_d.jpg

The modern and modest seaside house features minimal interiors with PF lights for both interior and exterior

27790584325_d2ee120df1_z_d.jpg

Here's a full overview video of our LEGO Wind Turbine MOC in detail with all it's Power Functions in action. Enjoy!

Edited by Tobysan

Very nice, especially the combination with a different building! :thumbup:

I'd love to invite it to the new Flickr LEGO Technic City group (https://www.flickr.c...egotechniccity/), however, the pics seem to be linked to static Flickr pages only. Could you provide a link, please?

[Edit]Sorry for my stupid question, it's quite easy to deduce a Flickr page from the static URL. However, what I didn't know before is that it's even against the Flickr Community Guidelines not to provide a backlink when Flickr pics are placed elsewhere (https://www.flickr.com/guidelines.gne):

• Link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere.
    Flickr makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr. This provides a way to get more information about the content and the photographer.

Quite important to know, I guess.[/Edit]

Edited by ER0L

Very nice!!! I really like the house design!! I've still got a boxed 4999 sitting on my shelf - if I ever decide to open it I might just borrow this idea!!!

Excellent work!!

Nice one! That turbine would generate more than enough power for that house. Some slopes added into the prefab rock pieces would really improve them.

I really like the modern beach house down below very good design! I love windmill and Wind turbines (as you can see in my signature :wink:).

Great Job!

-RailCo

I love your videos (and your MOCs!) Tobysan/BrickToyCo- this one was no exception! I do have to wonder though: how stable is the house? It seems like one of those things where it's strong on the corners, but if you pressed down on the middle, the floor would cave.

Thanks for all the comments.

Nice one! That turbine would generate more than enough power for that house. Some slopes added into the prefab rock pieces would really improve them.

See your point now that I look at back at it.

I love your videos (and your MOCs!) Tobysan/BrickToyCo- this one was no exception! I do have to wonder though: how stable is the house? It seems like one of those things where it's strong on the corners, but if you pressed down on the middle, the floor would cave.

Thanks so much. The interior floor section is fairly strong because I placed a few long plates beneath so it won't cave in with pressure but the front balcony area is a little weak. Overall I reckon the entire base of the house could do with an additional layer of plates for added strength.