Sign in to follow this  
Terrasher

Landmarks Discussion

Hello!

I've created this topic to discuss about anything related to landmark sets (Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, Big Ben, etc.)

You can talk about what you'd like to see as far as landmarks go, ask questions, post your opinion about any set, well, anything that's related to these beauties!

To start off, I'd like to ask what everyone would like the next landmark(s) set(s) to be.

For me, I'd see the Arc de Triomphe as a very good candidate. Even if the build would be mostly white bricks, I think it would make for a very nice display set.

I've also thought about the Rome's Coliseum, but I think the build would be too repetitive, even for a landmark set.

I'm ok with repetitive it's for looks. So if it makes it accurate I'm ok with it.

But the set I want the most is the Golden Gate Bridge

Golden Gate, Coliseum, and Arc are great suggestions. I'd like to see the Brooklyn Bridge, Giza, the Great Wall (non-touristy section), and something more esoteric like the Easter Island heads. Some of these would doubtlessly be better achieved by folks as MOCs, but it would be exciting to to see some of what is likely to be mentioned in this discussion in microscale.

US Capitol is getting an Architecture set in a few weeks, and the largest one in a while. They probably wouldn't follow that up with another version for at least a few years.

How about Tokyo Skytree?