Vectormatic

[MOC] Pull-back Toyota TS050 LMP1 car, my first real moc

LdWa7Tq.jpg

So after a year of on and off MODing, i figured i should MOC something, and with le-mans again upon us, i felt inspired to build a le-mans car.

For those not in the know, Toyota lost the race in the last five minutes, up to that point their #5 TS050 was leading the race, with a comfortable gap to the following Porsche. Then the engine went... So i've equiped mine with a pull-back motor instead, simple, sure to work, and it dictates a relatively small scale to keep my MOC clean and simple.

I don't recognize it, because i don't watch this race :)

But it looks good.

Very cool, could be an official set. :thumbup::classic:

Put it on Rebickable!

The only improvement I can suggest: use Bionicle eyes in red on the top of the spoilers (if You have).

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Personally i really like the pull-back size, it allows for enough detail to make a recognizable vehicle, and there is something cool about having your build moving under its own power.

Very cool, could be an official set. :thumbup::classic:

Put it on Rebickable!

The only improvement I can suggest: use Bionicle eyes in red on the top of the spoilers (if You have).

Ill see about rebrickable, havent done anything like that before, and i might want to refine the back a bit more, as the difuser etc.. all is a tiny bit wobbly right now.

As for the spoiler tops, i need to see if i have some of those 2 stud liftarms in red, as the tops of those spoilers are straight in real life, although bionicle eyes would look good as well, dont think i have spare red ones though

Agree, there is something in these Pull-Backs, the size, the power, the cuteness... :classic:

For Rebrickable I recommend to build the model in LDD, and the LXF file can be directly uploaded. It has the advantage, that all parts will be imported in the part list automaticly, and the LXF file can be used as Building instruction as well - especially in this size.

I really like this. The pull-back motors are fun and strong. I bought a couple of the sets to see if they could be used for other things (but failed!) I like the neat, minimalist bodywork, with some nicely chosen pieces that suggest the whole shape.

From your description, I can imagine Toyota returning to Les Mans next year with a car powered by a giant spring. I suppose that they'd have to pull it back around the entire course to wind it up first! :classic:

I'd back this to last longer than 23 hours 57 minutes!

Nice MOC, you've captured the essential lines of the TS050 well. I'm a particular fan of turning the red panel round to better recreate the sculpted sidepod.

I'll add my praise to the multitude. A fantastic representation of an iconic racing shape. Great use of flex axles

Nicely done, I particularly like the shapes in the white flex axles.