Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O-HO6] Back in Business

Tags: Spaceship, Science (testing a new ship counts, right? Otherwise, not this tag.)

27136374793_4b0125dbf3_z.jpgBack In Business by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

27469227700_008a779a46_z.jpgBack In Business by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Bob of Quatrian: "So, Back to work again, huh?"

Dr. Long: "Oh, They sent you to pick me up?"

Bob: "I sent myself! Any excuse to get out of the office!

Dr. Long: "Well, that explains the unorthodox landing place."

Bob: "You like it?"

Dr. Long: "There are actual landing platforms closer to the city you know."

Bob: "And risk showing this baby off to the public? Not yet! You're looking at Next years new Small Shuttle craft! I'm taking it on a test run to see if it even gets off the ground without bursting into flames!"

Dr. Long: "Get's off the ground... That's not reassuring. What are the odds of me making it back to the Axle in one piece?"

Bob: "With me as your pilot? I'd say the odds are pretty good."

Dr. Long: "You've quelled my fears."

Bob: "So what's it like to be a civilian for a change?"

27747150185_6c59cf4712_z.jpgBack In Business by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Dr. Long: "Long. Dull. Monotonous. Normally I'd like that, but there are no fires to put out, or regulations to reinforce. It's... unfulfilling. I can't wait to reemerse myself in my work in the Axle. There's so much to be done.

Bob: "All that talk about work, you must be the life of the party."

Dr. Long: "I never was."

Bob: "You never were. But hey! Who needs parties when you've got New Spaceships! SO, I present to you, "O.T. La Chauve-Souris Blanche!"

Dr. Long: "About that... Why?"

Bob: "Well that's French for the White Bat, so I guess the guys down at marketing thought it looked like a bat. I can see that, but I think it looks more like a space whale, personally."

Dr. Long: "No, I meant... Why the experimental ship instead of the O.T. Cog 1?"

Bob: "Well, I was hoping the new ship would help take your mind off some of the... changes that have occurred on the Axle in your absence."

Dr. Long: "Oh no."

Bob: "The Cog line was put to rest. "

Dr. Long: "But why? The line had a decade yet to go before it reached its built-in obsolescence date!"

Bob: "Well, You were pretty much the only one who like them. A bunch of the researchers and pilots on the Axle wrote a petition to get on a rotating cycle of new shuttles instead of the Cogs, and Pombe signed off on it."

Dr. Long: "That's... Disappointing."

Bob: "I know you had some sentimental feelings for the Cog line, so I think I found you a fitting substitute shuttle."

Dr. Long: "Oh?"

Bob: "This one. If you like it, and it gets back off the ground again, and passes the safety regulations, this prototype is yours."

Dr. Long: "Mine?"

Bob: "Well, the company's, but we'd put it in your hangar... the one where the Cog 1 was held."

Dr. Long: "That can't be proper protocol."

Bob: "There's more to life than adherence to protocol Danielle. Also, the Chauve-Souris Blanche flies like a dream."

Dr. Long: "Well, as long as it gets me from point A to point B, I'm happy. Thank you."

Bob: "Point A to Point B is your only criteria? Well, in that case--after you--

27469099530_c77597ded6_z.jpgBack In Business by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Bob: "I'm gunna do a few barrelrolls."

Dr. Long: "Noo. Bats don't fly upsidedown! They only rest upside down!"

27134668944_2e9ef1b3c6_z.jpgBack In Business by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Bob: "Next you'll be telling me they don't fly blind, either!"

Dr. Long: "Turn the instruments back on! Echolocation! They use echolocation!"

Bob: "Hahah! Great to have you back in the fold Danielle!

27468963900_be48cab254_z.jpgBack In Business by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Coming Next Week! "The Invasive Species" Part 1; "The Fecund Fruit Tree" "Those who live on the backs of others"

The wings have to be removed to change between flight and landing mode, but if I wanted to scrifice form a little, I could have made it a pull pin. I chose removal because ultimately it looked better.

Also, there should be a scorpion in this build too, but it either fell, or was occluded by the ship. I don't remember. :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Love the ship and the use of the upside-down boat hull. Very creative! Nice to see Dr. Long back in the mix!

If you use your imagination that glass is the downward thrust of the lifting engines. :tongue:

Love the ship and the use of the upside-down boat hull. Very creative! Nice to see Dr. Long back in the mix!

If you use your imagination that glass is the downward thrust of the lifting engines. :tongue:

Thanks! Yeah, obviously that's how it started! I call it the White Bat, since it's built entirely upsidedown! :laugh:

I liked the shape it creates.

Yep, and it's good to be back! :devil:

Yeah, not sure how else to photograph the thing taking off... fortunately, our cups look a bit like they could be thrust from the ship! :blush:

I fan of the glass too a nice idea... looks like a vortex of the VTOL

Haha, thanks! I hoped it wouldn't be too distracting. :laugh:

The judges awarded you 5 points.

Thank you, the Judges! :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Some inventive piece use here with the boat hull, and I also like how you're getting back into the story.

You know, I hadn't noticed the lack of scorpion, but now that you point it out it's all I notice :tongue: Perhaps the bat ate it :wink:

Hey.. that spaceship has a very interesting design... Somehow it reminds me of shark mouth.

Brilliant use of a boat hull! That is an excellent Octan vessel. It looks a bit like a winnebago in space. Exactly how an Octan vessel should look.

Some inventive piece use here with the boat hull, and I also like how you're getting back into the story.

You know, I hadn't noticed the lack of scorpion, but now that you point it out it's all I notice :tongue: Perhaps the bat ate it :wink:

Thanks! Slow but steady wins the race. :classic:

There is a reason I pointed it out... I've been trying to include them in every build since my return.

Hey.. that spaceship has a very interesting design... Somehow it reminds me of shark mouth.

Thanks! :grin::shark:

Fantastic design! great use of the boat!

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Great design, and that is quite the angle with the cockpit!

Thanks! That actually took the longest to figure out, and it's pretty sterically hindered.

Brilliant use of a boat hull! That is an excellent Octan vessel. It looks a bit like a winnebago in space. Exactly how an Octan vessel should look.

Thanks! Yup, Octan does have a lot of cool slick and smooth ships (many of which are Bob's), but also a lot of utilitarian vessels designed to get from point A to B and do C.

NPU! (no duh) The area around the cockpit is great, with all the angles.

Thanks! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat