Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

35 minutes ago, scheyjosh said:

Hey! Thank you for responding. 

My main fear is that using LG instead of LBG will heavily stand out, which I wouldn't want. I want it to look as nice as possible of course! Did you switch out a lot of parts for LG?

To be honest I used LBG and LG interchangebly. Each to their own, but, I personally like the mix of these two colours, it offers a shading affect, leaves parts of the ship looking weathered.

8 minutes ago, scheyjosh said:

Oh, and does anyone have a copy of the stand that @churcholomade? I definitely want to go the route since it seems really sturdy and would be cheaper. thanks!

@churcholo posted the LDD file on one of his posts in this thread. If you're having trouble finding it go into his profile and look at the posts he's made and you'll find it. Be weary that if you're looking on an i-device or the like it might tell you that the file isn't there.

57 minutes ago, Brickandkall said:

To be honest I used LBG and LG interchangebly. Each to their own, but, I personally like the mix of these two colours, it offers a shading affect, leaves parts of the ship looking weathered.

@churcholo posted the LDD file on one of his posts in this thread. If you're having trouble finding it go into his profile and look at the posts he's made and you'll find it. Be weary that if you're looking on an i-device or the like it might tell you that the file isn't there.

That makes sense! And due to my funds I will probably have to do mostly all alternates. 

So I'm really excited because before a few days ago I had no idea what an LDD file even was. I downloaded the program and see everything now and the instructions for the stand...thing is I can't find the damn parts list on the program. Is it there somewhere or somewhere else? Im on a Mac if that makes any difference. 

50 minutes ago, scheyjosh said:

That makes sense! And due to my funds I will probably have to do mostly all alternates. 

So I'm really excited because before a few days ago I had no idea what an LDD file even was. I downloaded the program and see everything now and the instructions for the stand...thing is I can't find the damn parts list on the program. Is it there somewhere or somewhere else? Im on a Mac if that makes any difference. 

Using a Mac shouldn't make a difference. I'm really testing my memory cause I do't have access to the program as I type this, but I vaguely recall you convert the file to HTML format (within Lego Digital Designer) and then you can either upload it to Bricklink or convert it online to a spreadsheet doc. I just googled converting LDD file to part list (or something like that) and found an explanation pretty quickly.

8 hours ago, Brickandkall said:

Using a Mac shouldn't make a difference. I'm really testing my memory cause I do't have access to the program as I type this, but I vaguely recall you convert the file to HTML format (within Lego Digital Designer) and then you can either upload it to Bricklink or convert it online to a spreadsheet doc. I just googled converting LDD file to part list (or something like that) and found an explanation pretty quickly.

You and @AfolFree...worked like a charm! Thanks guys.

I feel a lot more confident now in getting everything. One last question though.

If i order used parts from bricklink, is there a chance I get a lit of chipped, discolored bricks? I saw bricklinks sop that if a brink is discolored or whatever the seller has to make that comment, but has anyone had negative experiences?

So far the worse I had was one or two cracked pieces and some really dirty ones, but overall great experience.

If you are new to bricklink, try above all to reduce the number of different sellers you buy to : shipping handling is the real cost of all this, no point in saving a few cents on a piece if you are going to pay over 30% of S&H

3 hours ago, scheyjosh said:

You and @AfolFree...worked like a charm! Thanks guys.

I feel a lot more confident now in getting everything. One last question though.

If i order used parts from bricklink, is there a chance I get a lit of chipped, discolored bricks? I saw bricklinks sop that if a brink is discolored or whatever the seller has to make that comment, but has anyone had negative experiences?

Identify the "rarest" parts first! Look for them first, see which common parts you can get in those shops as well.

Use the [Apply Order] function in your Wanted List.

3 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

Identify the "rarest" parts first! Look for them first, see which common parts you can get in those shops as well.

Use the [Apply Order] function in your Wanted List.

You read my mind! Exactly what I was going to do. Theres a local used Lego shop that I'm trying to scalp first and then I'll head to bricklink. I found kylos ship for $45 used at the store so I'm going to lick that bad boy up since the price is great for the pieces! Hopefully I find other great stuff as well 

100% agree with what Afol and Midlife added above. One other thought you might consider is this. Picking up on what Afol said about shipping costs, the official online Lego shop and some Bricklink stores offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount. For bigger projects like this, that's worth bearing in mind. Their parts usually cost a bit more (especially in the case of the official lego store), so its a juggling act to figure out what's best, but I found it worth pursuing.

15 hours ago, Brickandkall said:

100% agree with what Afol and Midlife added above. One other thought you might consider is this. Picking up on what Afol said about shipping costs, the official online Lego shop and some Bricklink stores offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount. For bigger projects like this, that's worth bearing in mind. Their parts usually cost a bit more (especially in the case of the official lego store), so its a juggling act to figure out what's best, but I found it worth pursuing.

Do you know where the transport ship instructions and brick list are in the folder? I cant find them!

8 hours ago, scheyjosh said:

Do you know where the transport ship instructions and brick list are in the folder? I cant find them!

Are you referring to the GR-75 Rebel Transport? If so, this isn’t included in the Nebulon pack, but, you can source it for free on this forum.

Just do a search of Mortesv posts and you’ll find one for it which includes a link to download the LDD file. It’s only available as an LDD file, you’ll need to convert it to PDF and create a part list from this.