Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

On 11/23/2017 at 8:32 AM, rockpig said:

This person is also selling these instructions.

This is all me, they are authorized listings  Please DO NOT REPORT THEM!!

Dare i ask the builders, whats the average cost for this beauty?

The fast shopping on Bricklink is 1000€ which is a bit "dings" for 5700parts...

Edited by Midlife-crisis

I had the pleasure of meeting Morten yesterday, we were both invited to display at an exhibition in London. He actually transported his Nebulon in a shipping crate :cry_sad: It was mainly intact, but lots of small parts had broken off and he spent all day rebuilding it!

It’s an awesome model and well worth building for anyone thinking about it.

Edited by NorvernRob

There is some light at the end of the tunnel after checking my inventory and gathering up parts.

Is it possible to swap Part 6259 to Part 85941?

I have those in stock and would not need to buy them. Thanks

Edited by Midlife-crisis

On 11/26/2017 at 7:54 AM, Midlife-crisis said:

Is it possible to swap Part 6259 to Part 85941?

I have those in stock and would not need to buy them. Thanks

I doubt the 6259 can be swapped with 85941 because of the length. The 6259 are used for the 2 protruding engines found at the bottom of the engine area. They slot in nicely between the plate gaps so if you use 85941, it may not be able to do so.

On 27.11.2017 at 5:26 AM, Azrielsc said:

I doubt the 6259 can be swapped with 85941 because of the length. The 6259 are used for the 2 protruding engines found at the bottom of the engine area. They slot in nicely between the plate gaps so if you use 85941, it may not be able to do so.

Oh, thank you, my mistake.

it´s happening, already bought the Instructions.

@Churcholo, thank you for developing and sharing the stand.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

This build was challenging, the UCS Falcon is really an easy build in comparison to this beauty.

Finished yesterday.

Great Design and Instructions.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

I should say before I start that I’m a noob at building Mocs. I have a fairly extensive UCS collection but haven’t built anything not boxed since I was a kid 30 years ago...

I bought the instructions to the neb about 18 months ago but am finally getting around to amassing the pieces. I’ve used the parts list on rebrickable to create a bricklink wanted list and have been working through that manually and alphabetically to assign a max price for each part. I have stumbled across part

30603 Slope 2 x 2 No Studs, with 3 Side Pistons Raised Edges

which rebrickable states I need 4 of in LBG. According to BL that part doesn’t exist in LBG. Having gone back to check the rebrickable parts list I note a few others with “colour error”. What should I do about this particular piece and is there an errata for the parts list please?

6 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

You are a superstar. I will work my way through the rest of the list and see if there’s anything else I need help with.

Contemplating buying some spray paint for the LBG half barrels. I have 4 on my 10030 ISD but not sure if I want to take them off just yet!

Edit: just discovered that @phaelon‘s post on page 1 is scrollable. All I saw was a list of wrong parts. Now I’ve scrolled across I can see the better versions/colours. Thanks for that!

Edited by Pobster

Another little update of my fleet.
The propulsion color of the 3 Blockade Runner has been changed to trans light orange.
I have also built four YV-929 Armed Freighter and once the Tough Barge. (thanks to @EKae)
At the moment the ship's are not at their final position, I will post better pictures within the next days!

gallery_8754_6681_13528.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_3262.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_65127.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_60223.jpg

Wow :D I'm glad that the Tough Barge now exists for real :D It looks really good like this, perhaps even better than my bigger original :D Thanks @EKae and @bricksmarlin.

34 minutes ago, krisandkris12 said:

Wow :D I'm glad that the Tough Barge now exists for real :D It looks really good like this, perhaps even better than my bigger original :D Thanks @EKae and @bricksmarlin.

Holy shit......I'm so sorry, special thanks to @krisandkris12 of course for this beautiful model!
And no, it doesn't look better in this size, they both look gorgeous in their size!

5 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Holy shit......I'm so sorry...

No worries whatsoever! I wouldn't even say I deserve any credit :D This is EKae's model, not mine. Mine might have served as an inspiration but thats it. Thanks for appreciation though :D I hope one day I will revisit the original and actually build it, you said it, it looks rather nice :D

<snip whine about sand green wedge prices and changing colours> decided to bite the bullet and stick with Sand Green, while I'm still working...

Edited by manglegrat

Oh woah... now that you mentioned it, those sandgreen 41747s are now so expensive! 

My opinion is to just change it out to a more affordable colour, if you are not picky about being movie accurate. You can call it the Nebulon-M (M = Manglegrat) :laugh:

On 11.1.2018 at 12:39 AM, KevinYoung said:

The fleet is awesome how bout some shots of the cantina.That looks like a gem!!

I will open a thread for that, but you can find some pictures of the WIP here!

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/album/6764-mos-eisley-wip/

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/member/8754-bricksmarlin/

@EKae there she is :thumbup:

gallery_8754_6681_7387.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_16048.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_26225.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_25749.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_10659.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_51643.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

23 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

Oh woah... now that you mentioned it, those sandgreen 41747s are now so expensive! 

My opinion is to just change it out to a more affordable colour, if you are not picky about being movie accurate. You can call it the Nebulon-M (M = Manglegrat) :laugh:

Heh. :wink:

I decided to stick with Sand Green when I did a colour-swap for Sand Blue, then priced that vs. the original Sand Green. There was only a ~$50 difference after doing a tweak to swap out the 2x 1x3 33 inverted slopes for 1x2s (and most of that was due to 2x$20 41747s), and across the total cost of the parts the difference is kinda immaterial. It's still gonna be astronomically expensive overall, though! :cry_sad:

I'm now sitting at 88% parts ordered... waiting for more sales!

5 minutes ago, manglegrat said:

Heh. :wink:

I decided to stick with Sand Green when I did a colour-swap for Sand Blue, then priced that vs. the original Sand Green. There was only a ~$50 difference after doing a tweak to swap out the 2x 1x3 33 inverted slopes for 1x2s (and most of that was due to 2x$20 41747s), and across the total cost of the parts the difference is kinda immaterial. It's still gonna be astronomically expensive overall, though! :cry_sad:

I'm now sitting at 88% parts ordered... waiting for more sales!

I perfectly understand! Good luck on your build and hope to see the completed Nebulon once done! :thumbup: