Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

Hi All,

Use the link below. I cobbled this together from my parts purchase spreadsheet, my notes on this thread and my actual build. It is not from a page by page reconciliation, so it should be 99.9% correct. If anyone finds any error, please let me know and I will incorporate the fix. It includes the parts for the @churcholo stand and removes only the Trans-Clear parts for the original stand. You will have the plates that make up the bottom of the original stand as extra. Always good to have some extra parts. Have fun!

Found an error. Link updated 7/29/19.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vD711GEs95ZKdHiMHnb74yMwCBwTrVj4/view?usp=sharing

BTW - The half barrel (4424) from this link will require some drilling. I used a drill bit that fit comfortably into a pin connector. It worked perfectly.

Edited by rockpig

Thanks so much @rockpig! Having @churcholo's stand incorporated is especially helpful.

I've already started ordering, and in the name of cost I am going to try a few used parts, just no tiles, clear parts, or Technic pins. Looking at your notes I see you saved some cost with used parts too. Were the parts you received in decent condition?

You are welcome, Sir.

I can't say this enough. Churcholo's stand is the only reason I decided to make this build.

Build only as much as you have to with the stands to get the two halves together. Then go back and fill in the details. You'll find it less frustrating.

Yes, the used parts were received in great condition. At the time I purchased them, they were just not available new or very expensive in new condition.

Feel free to ask any questions about the spreadsheet.

Enjoy the build.

rockpig

Yeah, so I don't know how to get my image on here from Imgur, but I finally finished! Was able to gather all of the parts for about $550 from local Bricks and Mining locations. I spent way more than I needed though because I got impatient and spent about $300 of that on Bricklink....Lesson learned haha. Insanely awesome and creative build @mortesv and thank you for the instructions @Cjd223!!! Now I'm off to build some GR-75 transports ;)

https://imgur.com/Hk6HSIx

On 4/22/2017 at 6:05 PM, churcholo said:

Hi @rockpig,

I uploaded the DLL file to my personal server, it's a pleasure to share it with the community, you can download it here:

http://simoneweb.altervista.org/lego/Nebulon-b_pedestals_v1.2.lxf

I finished today to order the pieces for my Nebulon-B version and I was able to spend "only" 500 euros (400 euros + shipping costs for 14 sellers all around Europe), included the pedestals I designed. To keep the costs reasonable I had to make some litle modification though, the major one was to convert the green part of the ship to gray because those green bricks are extremely expensive and rare.

I'll post some pictures once I'll finish to build it.

Hi, is there also a manual for the stand??

Thanks,

Erik

Hi Eric L,

The stand does not have a manual. You must use the Lego Digital Designer file that @churcholo provided to make it.

Good Luck.

Rockpig

3 hours ago, scheyjosh said:

Finally have my Red and Blue Squadron together before I trade off Mr. Blue. Thanks again for the plans, Mortesv!

Gorgeous! I love the color variations of the Nebulon-B and the GR-75. I've been thinking of doing a major color variation of a Corellian Corvette but it's difficult to get the iconic red and white out of my head. Your GR-75 really gives inspiration :)

Hi all, 

I am off to college shortly and so sadly have to part with this wonderful model. If anyone is interested in purchasing it please pm me and I will be happy to discuss the details. I am not looking to profit from the sale but merely recover the cost.

Kind regards,

Max

Have folks heard about this?

http://www.brickfinder.net/2020/01/23/vote-for-the-next-lego-star-wars-ucs-set/

I hope if Lego makes a version of the Nebulon B, that they do it justice while not making it blatantly similar to this version. Maybe they should include @mortesv in the design discussions.

It would be interesting to see a 7,000+ part count design with maybe a little bit of interior (Luke's medical room perhaps? More likely it'll be a 3,000-4,000 piece model, or worse something similar to the Cloud City set.

I finished obtaining the parts for the Mortesv Nebulon a few months ago, and started building, but I'm holding off on finishing until I figure out how I want to display it. I've played with the @churcholo design for the stands quite a bit in the Bricklink Studio program, and tried to integrate into the design file many of the modifications and part substitutions suggested over the 27 pages of this thread. This took a considerable amount of time.

I would be happy to share this with @Cjd223 or @mortesv if they were interested. There are so many questions that keep getting repeated in this thread, perhaps it would be worth sharing an updated design file to folks that purchase the instructions. One of the nice things about Studio is you can upload the file data right into a Bricklink wanted list. 

For all it's worth I really hope the Nebulon isn't voted for :) It seems to me like it makes for a really bad lego set. Definitely cool for a MOC, but it can only end up lacking in most aspects if they try to make some official rendition I think.

19 minutes ago, Kristof said:

For all it's worth I really hope the Nebulon isn't voted for :) It seems to me like it makes for a really bad lego set. Definitely cool for a MOC, but it can only end up lacking in most aspects if they try to make some official rendition I think.

This was my first thought too, especially considering the new UCS Star Destroyer; they can't do the ship justice without breaking the bank, so they have to make major sacrifices to end up with an (relatively) affordable set.

On the other hand, TLG can come up with some ingenious design solutions, so it would be interesting to see their take on a UCS Nebulon-B. Tough call between that and the bomber for me. I couldn't care less about the gunship ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

^^ I'd very much argue with you on that gunship but let's not hijack this thread :D This is indeed about Mortetesv's MOC rather than anything else.

14 hours ago, Darth Max said:

Hi all, 

I am off to college shortly and so sadly have to part with this wonderful model. If anyone is interested in purchasing it please pm me and I will be happy to discuss the details. I am not looking to profit from the sale but merely recover the cost.

Kind regards,

Max

Hi Max,

I'm interested, I cant's send you a email from eurobricks.com.
Can you send me a email to elotte@gmail.com

Thanks,

Erik 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:38 PM, Darth Max said:

Hi all, 

Kind regards,

Max

Hi Max,

Is this still available?

Steve

Hey is there an updated list which pieces should be changed? Or is there even an cheap bricklink list online?

On 4/10/2020 at 3:48 PM, muhkuh said:

Hey is there an updated list which pieces should be changed? Or is there even an cheap bricklink list online?

Just gotta go through this topic page by page and make notes. Many parts are hard to come by/expensive. If you change the color like my blue one, then you could save a good $100 or so at least I'd say.

Hi @Cjd223, i'm the new guy here, that's why I can't PM you yet and your email (you post it in the original thread) doesn't work anymore,

please contact me, I would like to buy the instructions bundle for the Nebulon-B.

22 minutes ago, sandtrooper said:

TorbenP you might also want to try the link below for getting the instructions.

Nebulon-B

I've already tried it there. Look at the Picture, "instructions by cjd223"

This is the original Post 

Edited by TorbenP

On 10/18/2020 at 2:44 AM, TorbenP said:

Hi @Cjd223, i'm the new guy here, that's why I can't PM you yet and your email (you post it in the original thread) doesn't work anymore,

please contact me, I would like to buy the instructions bundle for the Nebulon-B.

Hi @TorbenP, I actually got an email from @Cjd223 just recently. It did come in on the chrdvorak@hotmail.com address he has listed in the thread to get the plans, but, in the email he has included a new email address, alloutbrick@gmail.com, to contact him on. If the contacts on his website aren't working maybe give that a try.

On 10/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, TorbenP said:

Hi. My email address should work from that thread... maybe the email you sent ran into some sort of error on the way over. Reach out to me at chrdvorak@hotmail.com and I'd be glad to help you out.