Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

Oh, and does anyone have a copy of the stand that @churcholomade? I definitely want to go the route since it seems really sturdy and would be cheaper. thanks!

35 minutes ago, scheyjosh said:

Hey! Thank you for responding. 

My main fear is that using LG instead of LBG will heavily stand out, which I wouldn't want. I want it to look as nice as possible of course! Did you switch out a lot of parts for LG?

To be honest I used LBG and LG interchangebly. Each to their own, but, I personally like the mix of these two colours, it offers a shading affect, leaves parts of the ship looking weathered.

8 minutes ago, scheyjosh said:

Oh, and does anyone have a copy of the stand that @churcholomade? I definitely want to go the route since it seems really sturdy and would be cheaper. thanks!

@churcholo posted the LDD file on one of his posts in this thread. If you're having trouble finding it go into his profile and look at the posts he's made and you'll find it. Be weary that if you're looking on an i-device or the like it might tell you that the file isn't there.

57 minutes ago, Brickandkall said:

To be honest I used LBG and LG interchangebly. Each to their own, but, I personally like the mix of these two colours, it offers a shading affect, leaves parts of the ship looking weathered.

@churcholo posted the LDD file on one of his posts in this thread. If you're having trouble finding it go into his profile and look at the posts he's made and you'll find it. Be weary that if you're looking on an i-device or the like it might tell you that the file isn't there.

That makes sense! And due to my funds I will probably have to do mostly all alternates. 

So I'm really excited because before a few days ago I had no idea what an LDD file even was. I downloaded the program and see everything now and the instructions for the stand...thing is I can't find the damn parts list on the program. Is it there somewhere or somewhere else? Im on a Mac if that makes any difference. 

50 minutes ago, scheyjosh said:

That makes sense! And due to my funds I will probably have to do mostly all alternates. 

So I'm really excited because before a few days ago I had no idea what an LDD file even was. I downloaded the program and see everything now and the instructions for the stand...thing is I can't find the damn parts list on the program. Is it there somewhere or somewhere else? Im on a Mac if that makes any difference. 

Using a Mac shouldn't make a difference. I'm really testing my memory cause I do't have access to the program as I type this, but I vaguely recall you convert the file to HTML format (within Lego Digital Designer) and then you can either upload it to Bricklink or convert it online to a spreadsheet doc. I just googled converting LDD file to part list (or something like that) and found an explanation pretty quickly.

If memory serves you can upload a LDD file directly on bricklink.

Edited by AfolFree

8 hours ago, Brickandkall said:

Using a Mac shouldn't make a difference. I'm really testing my memory cause I do't have access to the program as I type this, but I vaguely recall you convert the file to HTML format (within Lego Digital Designer) and then you can either upload it to Bricklink or convert it online to a spreadsheet doc. I just googled converting LDD file to part list (or something like that) and found an explanation pretty quickly.

You and @AfolFree...worked like a charm! Thanks guys.

I feel a lot more confident now in getting everything. One last question though.

If i order used parts from bricklink, is there a chance I get a lit of chipped, discolored bricks? I saw bricklinks sop that if a brink is discolored or whatever the seller has to make that comment, but has anyone had negative experiences?

So far the worse I had was one or two cracked pieces and some really dirty ones, but overall great experience.

If you are new to bricklink, try above all to reduce the number of different sellers you buy to : shipping handling is the real cost of all this, no point in saving a few cents on a piece if you are going to pay over 30% of S&H

3 hours ago, scheyjosh said:

You and @AfolFree...worked like a charm! Thanks guys.

I feel a lot more confident now in getting everything. One last question though.

If i order used parts from bricklink, is there a chance I get a lit of chipped, discolored bricks? I saw bricklinks sop that if a brink is discolored or whatever the seller has to make that comment, but has anyone had negative experiences?

Identify the "rarest" parts first! Look for them first, see which common parts you can get in those shops as well.

Use the [Apply Order] function in your Wanted List.

3 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

Identify the "rarest" parts first! Look for them first, see which common parts you can get in those shops as well.

Use the [Apply Order] function in your Wanted List.

You read my mind! Exactly what I was going to do. Theres a local used Lego shop that I'm trying to scalp first and then I'll head to bricklink. I found kylos ship for $45 used at the store so I'm going to lick that bad boy up since the price is great for the pieces! Hopefully I find other great stuff as well 

100% agree with what Afol and Midlife added above. One other thought you might consider is this. Picking up on what Afol said about shipping costs, the official online Lego shop and some Bricklink stores offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount. For bigger projects like this, that's worth bearing in mind. Their parts usually cost a bit more (especially in the case of the official lego store), so its a juggling act to figure out what's best, but I found it worth pursuing.

15 hours ago, Brickandkall said:

100% agree with what Afol and Midlife added above. One other thought you might consider is this. Picking up on what Afol said about shipping costs, the official online Lego shop and some Bricklink stores offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount. For bigger projects like this, that's worth bearing in mind. Their parts usually cost a bit more (especially in the case of the official lego store), so its a juggling act to figure out what's best, but I found it worth pursuing.

Do you know where the transport ship instructions and brick list are in the folder? I cant find them!

8 hours ago, scheyjosh said:

Do you know where the transport ship instructions and brick list are in the folder? I cant find them!

Are you referring to the GR-75 Rebel Transport? If so, this isn’t included in the Nebulon pack, but, you can source it for free on this forum.

Just do a search of Mortesv posts and you’ll find one for it which includes a link to download the LDD file. It’s only available as an LDD file, you’ll need to convert it to PDF and create a part list from this.

Update: There's a used lego store by me where I've been spending hours looking for parts. So far I'm up to 1,976 pieces and have only spent $55 and used parts off of my first order AT-AT! I'm excited so far. I'm hoping to get this done under $400.

Sorry to bother again. I think I skimmed over it but I tried to look for an answer for 41531. Did you guys just use the dark grey color instead of figuring out the DBG issue? Thanks! Currently at 3,300 pieces!

10 hours ago, scheyjosh said:

Sorry to bother again. I think I skimmed over it but I tried to look for an answer for 41531. Did you guys just use the dark grey color instead of figuring out the DBG issue? Thanks! Currently at 3,300 pieces!

Yes. I used DG & DBG interchangably, same of LG & LBG. Some people went for more stastic solutions like painting parts.

I'm curious what folks think of this version of the small fighter ships from Brickvault: https://www.brickvault.toys/products/rebel-empire-fighters-micro-scale

They look cool, though may be a slightly different scale. Brickvault also admits to some possible illegal build techniques mainly regarding how the wings of the tie fighter ships are attached.

Brickvault also has an interesting version of a micro scale Millennium Falcon (https://www.brickvault.toys/collections/all/products/millennium-falcon-outrider-micro-scale). I don't like how flat the rear looks from the top, though I do like how they did the engine section. There's a few other parts that look interesting, like the minifigure neck brackets and 1x2 grilles on the front, and the fact that it has landing gear! It obviously doesn't have a method to attach the falcon to the Neb-B. I think I'll buy the plans from Brickvault (costs about $10 and they give a discount if you buy the falcon and fighter ship plans together), and make some sort of a hybrid between the different designs.

I've been gradually gathering parts for the Neb-B, GR-75, and CR-90, I'm something like 75% there!

Darthmarty: Be advised that the Neb comes with plans for a Falcon. On the micro-fighters, we has some discussion on them back on pages 7-9.

Also, check out this out thread on some more micro-fighter discussion:

Edited by ecmo47

3 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

Darthmarty: Be advised that the Neb comes with plans for a Falcon. On the micro-fighters, we has some discussion on them back on pages 7-9.

Yes, actually I just finished building the Falcon that comes with the Neb plans (purchased the plans quite a while ago). And I've referenced pages 7-9 for the micro-fighters. Forgot to re-check that other thread though. That was a cool exploding tie fighter!

I just thought the Brickvault designs were an interesting take on the ships. Some features I like and some I like better on the versions discussed here. The Brickvault version of the Falcon at first glance almost looks like they borrowed some of the design of the Mortesv Falcon, but after shelling out the $10 for all the instructions (Falcon+micro-fighters), the Falcon intenal structure is quite different. It is still a cool design that I might build for the heck of it, but would need some retrofitting in order to attach it under the Neb-B, so I'll stick with the Falcon design that comes with the Neb-B for that.

So I'm finishing up getting the remaining parts for the build. I'm going to look through the plans but I'm curious, can you only see the 1x16 technic bricks on the neck and that's it? I'm trying to reduce cost and found many of those in white, blue, and black at a local shop. 

Also curious about the 2x16 plates in LBG. Do you see a lot from the outside or can they be tan, white, and black? Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I could use some advice from people who have built this. I'm stuck on page 538. I can't figure out where the Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular goes on the build. It's the only part listed as needed on that page. Please help!

Thanks,

rockpig

Edited by rockpig

Trying to figure out how this stand even attaches! I read the messages a page back, but honestly I'm very visual and cant figure out how the stand attached to the frame! Any insight would be great.

fZipj8w.jpg

iNN1qx2.jpg

Edited by scheyjosh
added pictures

To scheyjosh,

I completed this step about a week ago. Per the photos posted by midlife-crisis above. Replace the 2 gray liftarm assemblies (1 x 11 and 1 x 3) with the 4 1 x9 black liftarms from the stand. You will have to remove them from the stand first. I used 8 3L technic pins with bush stop to connect them to the Technic, Bricks 4 x 6 Open Center that the long gray liftarms are removed from. After that, you can reattach the bottom portion of the stand. You can also add pins to the technic bricks where the 1 x 3 liftarms were attached. For the front stand replace the 1 x 9 liftarms from pages 528 - 529 and 535 - 536 with the 1 x 15 liftarms from the front stand. Basically 9 holes from the 1 x 15 liftarms replace those 1 x 9's and 6 holes are for the stand. I only built was necessary for each section (front and back) to get the stands attached. It was much easier to attach these two halves while they are upright and on very stable stands with minimal greebling. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by rockpig

Another tip for the front stand. Attach the 1 x 15 liftarms to the stand with 8 3L pins with Bushstops. This will allow you to add the base after you've attached the liftarms to the model and it will also allow you to remove the base if it is necessary to slide the pods up through them. I'm haven't reached the point of the pod assembly yet, but I got the idea from advice I received from Brickandkall on page 24 of this thread.

Good Luck,

rockpig

Edited by rockpig