Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

Hi, I spent a lot of time going through this thread compiling a list of all the suggested parts alternatives to reduce the price while not compromising the aesthetics. I thought I would just post that list so that they are all in one place for people who are trying to build this moc rather than having to go through the whole thread. I bought all the parts (about 60% new) for 720 USD including shipping to NZ.

Alternative Part Choices:

18 * Modified Plate 2817 switched from DBG to LBG

6 * Leaver 4592c02 (LBG handle) switched to 4592c05 (black handle)

4 * Modified brick 30603 LBG switched to 30602 

3 * technic pin connector 75535 LBG switched to 62462

2 * technic pin connector 75535 Dark Red switched to 62462

2 * 41747 sand green wedge switched with 1x 3039 + 1x 43710

2 * 41748 sand green wedge switched with 1x 3039 + 1x 43711

3 * 41762 LBG 6 by 1 slope switched with 61678 and other plates

4275 hinges switched to white and light grey

19 * 3749 technic pin with Axel end and no friction ridges switched from LBG to light grey

Trying to acquire the parts list here.....for the 30603 "Brick, Modified 2 x 2 No Studs, Sloped with 3 Side Pistons Raised", medium stone grey is not currently available.  What alternative color would be OK (if any)?  Same goes for the single barbell (91049) --- I plan on getting that in silver.

Also, I wasn't keeping track of the full parts list ---- does the list include parts for a stand to support the model?

Edited by saxman717

for part 30603 read the post above yours.

I substituted 91049 with part: 42610.

cimg38268jsb9.jpg

it does include the trans clear version. But i suggest to read the full topic.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to start my own rebel fleet, starrting with the smaller freigthers and fighters, excluding the Nebulon B frigate for now (lack of space, so many parts, but one can dream).
@Ekae would you be so kind as to PM me the ldd file for the Dornean Gunship and the tough barge ? I can't seem to PM you, probably because i'm a recent subscriber...

Also, did anyone hear about a Pelta-class frigate MOC in this scale ?

Thanks,

On 17.2.2018 at 12:40 PM, ecmo47 said:

That is really cool! Any pictures with the rest of your fleet? I just noticed that you used two LBG 1/2 barrels (Part #4424) which are super-duper rare and will cause grumbling for anybody that uses your LDD. Also I wonder how it would look if all the hull studs were plated.

Almost finished, still waiting for a few parts ordered Bricks & pieces 4weeks ago, for a 2nd GR-75 Transport looks like they are really busy.

Definitely running out of space.

Finised the LED for the scene this evening, will make a better shot with natural light in the next days.

nebkcskv.jpg

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Here's my take on the YV-929 armed freighter, based on Ekae's .lxf and the drawing found on Wookiepedia : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YV-929_armed_freighter

yv-929.jpg.e30900f724def78d1de656263af52b70.jpg

yv-929-2.jpg.9785cd96dce6468a2c7a5f0fe02822ff.jpg

The main change is about the side and rear wings, they might be oversized at this scale, especially the side wings, but I do think they help identify the ship's model.
Other than that I just loved the color scheme of the drawing, so I tried to introduce some dark red and tan to mimic it.

It's just a quick try on stud.io for now, I will order the pieces soon.

PS: I'm not sure this is the best topic to post this, but since Ekae first posted the design here it felt appropriate. Let me know if it is off-topic !

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but very excited about this build, purchased the plans from CJD via Ebay this morning, and I've carefully read thru all 22 pages of this thread. A few of the suggestions seem hard to follow from just pictures, and a few people's pictures of their mods are no longer visible, but for the most part the thread has been very helpful as I build a gigantic wish list on Bricklink.

@ecmo47, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to email the LDD you mentioned for the mods to the rear of the ship, back on page 6, assuming you still have the file. I'm also considering your version of the stand, or possibly the Churcholo version or a combination. His looks possibly sturdiest, but I want a support for the shaft in the middle, and yours seems less obtrusive. I have rude cats, so an invisible stand (though it looks awesome) will be irrelevant when this thing falls on the floor.

I'm curious to see if the trans-clear lift arms could be modified onto Churcholo's stand. Most of the pictures he has posted are gone but I did see the LDD file he shared. I think swapping the black 1x15 lift arms in the front will be easy, but the rear of the stand has lift arm lengths that don't come in trans-clear. I think some of these could be swapped but obviously the height needs to stay the same, and not entirely sure how it attaches to the ship at the top.

Thanks Everyone, and it was really cool to see so many of your builds come together throughout this thread!

Built the Tough Barge as well with some colour substitutions! Felt that the bright yellow was too conspicuous so went with tan instead. 

39571067420_e86c2502ac_c.jpg

Thanks to eKae & Krisandkris12! 

Now got to do up a couple more variants! :laugh:

29 minutes ago, Azrielsc said:

Built the Tough Barge as well with some colour substitutions! Felt that the bright yellow was too conspicuous so went with tan instead.

Agree because of the yellow absolutely! Your Version looks really great! :thumbup:

40 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

Agree because of the yellow absolutely! Your Version looks really great! :thumbup:

Thanks! That photo still showed 2 yellow jumpers, which I subsequently changed to dark tan and tan jumpers instead. 

All these new 1:250 scaled ships are making the Rebel Fleet grow really huge!

Would anyone be kind enough to share the .lxf for this tough barge ?
It's actually the only non-canon ship I plan to build, it just looks awesome.

Just now, AfolFree said:

Would anyone be kind enough to share the .lxf for this tough barge ?
It's actually the only non-canon ship I plan to build, it just looks awesome.

PM @EKae he should have it. 

Just now, AfolFree said:

I wish I could, but I can't PM anyone at the moment :)

Just 2 more posts and then you can :)

I have the same problem. I want to PM @churcholo. Does anyone know how he integrated his rear stand into the back of the Neb-B? I found the lxf for his stand a number of pages back but not sure how to connect it. I want to use his stand but also Ecmo47's interior mods for the improved structure (Ecmo sent me the files for his mods - thank you Ecmo!).

1 post to go...

Hey there, new to the forum and I need to have posts to be able to message. Could someone aid me in sending me Ecmo47 interior mods. I have 98% of the parts and with the help of this forum I can switch out the colors on the hard to find pieces that remain.  Great forum!!

Hi all, been looking around this thread all day at work!

VERY keen to give this a go, is it possible to order these parts to Australia?

I have just finished the new Falcon (original) and have a B Wing on the way, I would love to get started on this one in 2018, this build looks ridiculously good!

I'm in Oz and I've bought all the bricks.... it just costs big AUDs and takes lots of orders.  Will start building at some point soon (but it is a daunting thought)

On ‎11‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 6:33 AM, Azrielsc said:

Thanks to eKae & Krisandkris12! 

Now got to do up a couple more variants! :laugh:

Nice Mods!

Hi guys, just checking in :)

It is amazing to see you are still at it! :D

I have some ideas to expand the fleet even further which I am working on at the moment, but I do not know when the will be done. They are quite big and I also have other side projects :D

Keep it up!

Hey, how are you! Will patiently await you next additions!

Best wishes! :)