Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

That is really cool! Any pictures with the rest of your fleet? I just noticed that you used two LBG 1/2 barrels (Part #4424) which are super-duper rare and will cause grumbling for anybody that uses your LDD. Also I wonder how it would look if all the hull studs were plated.

Love the Star Destroyer nose!  One could only imagine what a full 1:250 Star Destroyer would look like...

-Christian

thank you ecmo47 and cjd223. The nose length is round about 9% of the total ISD length.

Maybe someone will build one soon :)

True, the barrels are very rare, they can be swapped with some minor changes to wheels. As you can see, i had some problems with the greebling connections in LDD.

greblingooocd.jpg

@Midlife-crisis This is great! Looks very accurate. All it needs now is a rebel transport blowing up in a fiery explosion on one side of the hull! :grin:

Any part count? Do you happen to have an LDD?

11 hours ago, EKae said:

@Midlife-crisis This is great! Looks very accurate. All it needs now is a rebel transport blowing up in a fiery explosion on one side of the hull! :grin:

Any part count? Do you happen to have an LDD?

Thanks a lot, the LLD is not ready yet, but still working on it, I let you know when it is finished.

This is the LDD Progress so far, next step will be the hullpanels. The building process of the panels is repetitive to some point.

505 Bricks here, will make 2 versions - the 10030 alternate build and a free build in case someone want to build it as ecmo47 mentioned.

isd-2zukmp.jpg

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Hi, I am in the process of collecting parts and noticed a couple of pieces that are quite expensive:

Hinge piece 4276 - 32 are required in LBG, can these be any colour or is there a an alternative cheaper brick

The trans-clear cylinder pieces for the supports - 48 are required, is there another cylinder size that comes in trans-clear that is cheaper and would work.

1 hour ago, Darth Max said:

Hi, I am in the process of collecting parts and noticed a couple of pieces that are quite expensive:

Hinge piece 4276 - 32 are required in LBG, can these be any colour or is there a an alternative cheaper brick

The trans-clear cylinder pieces for the supports - 48 are required, is there another cylinder size that comes in trans-clear that is cheaper and would work.

I suggest to read the full topic as the hinge question was already asked and answered.

@churcholo shared a LDD file for his stand as alternative to the trans clear cylinders. The stand works very well imho.

11 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

I suggest to read the full topic as the hinge question was already asked and answered.

@churcholo shared a LDD file for his stand as alternative to the trans clear cylinders. The stand works very well imho.

Suggesting they read the full topic can be a bit daunting of a task as there are 21 pages of info to absorb. I've even read the whole topic but as there is so much information there, I've even forgotten the hinge answer. So hopefully someone does remember and will be kind enough to answer Darth Max's question. 

13 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

I built this early on and used the trans-clear cylinder,  hence, they were much cheaper when I purchased them.  Price has now gone through the roof.  Although I've not had any issues so far, using the trans-clear cylinder solution, makes it very difficult to move.  Hence, if I were to do this again, I would definitely use the stand solution.  If I ever move, which will require me to dismantle it, I will probably go with the stand.

18 hours ago, Darth Max said:

It`s on page 1 of this thread! Most of the parts can be in any colour, but you need a few in grey! I would buy like 10 in "light grey" (not the LBG ones), because they are much cheaper and it makes no difference!

Amazing how one great moc can drive up the cost of pieces.......the trans clear cylinders were about 20p each when I got mine......

3 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

It`s on page 1 of this thread! Most of the parts can be in any colour, but you need a few in grey! I would buy like 10 in "light grey" (not the LBG ones), because they are much cheaper and it makes no difference!

So to clarify you are saying buy 10 in light grey and the rest can be any colour (therefore buying none in LBG)

Is there any reason why part 30562 in trans-clear couldn't be a good substitute for the trans clear cylinders which are in the parts list?

1 hour ago, Darth Max said:

So to clarify you are saying buy 10 in light grey and the rest can be any colour (therefore buying none in LBG)

Yep.....or buy 32 in light grey (used), there are shop's in Europe and the US which have the quantity (for the price of 15 cents per part)....that's what I did!

The cylinders have different diameters, and is it really cheaper? Because you will need 96 instead of 48!

3 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Yep.....or buy 32 in light grey (used), there are shop's in Europe and the US which have the quantity (for the price of 15 cents per part)....that's what I did!

The cylinders have different diameters, and is it really cheaper? Because you will need 96 instead of 48!

Thanks. Also very envious of your collection!

Hi, sorry one last question part 3749 (technic pin without friction ridges) can these be any colour or have friction ridges as to acquire 29 in LBG means I will have to buy off 5 different sellers

4 hours ago, Darth Max said:

Hi, sorry one last question part 3749 (technic pin without friction ridges) can these be any colour or have friction ridges as to acquire 29 in LBG means I will have to buy off 5 different sellers

You can use light Gray

For the 1/2 cylinders in the stands I did a mix of trans-clear, trans-light blue and trans-dark blue.  After all, it's supposed to be flying through space, right?  

On 22/02/2018 at 6:31 PM, Darth Max said:

Is there any reason why part 30562 in trans-clear couldn't be a good substitute for the trans clear cylinders which are in the parts list?

@Darth Max

Not sure if it's of interest but part 85941 is available from the Bricks and Pieces side of the Lego Website at 0.71p per brick (UK price). There may be cheaper on Bricklink but for the quantity required, all brand new and if you bung in some other parts to take it over the threshold for free delivery, no extra cost.

8 hours ago, Bandit778 said:

@Darth Max

Not sure if it's of interest but part 85941 is available from the Bricks and Pieces side of the Lego Website at 0.71p per brick (UK price). There may be cheaper on Bricklink but for the quantity required, all brand new and if you bung in some other parts to take it over the threshold for free delivery, no extra cost.

I live in NZ so the price threshold for free delivery is $400 and the shipping is $100 so its just not economical unfortunately. Certainly a good suggestion for those in other countries though!

Thank you @EKae and @krisandkris12 for the tough barge!

i made a tiny mod in the front using a 2x2 wedge plate instead of a 2x3.

finally the parts arrived. Still waiting for a few parts to complete my 2nd Corvette.

cimg3812k0svm.jpg

Edited by Midlife-crisis