Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

On 16.1.2018 at 6:04 AM, manglegrat said:

Heh. :wink:

I decided to stick with Sand Green when I did a colour-swap for Sand Blue, then priced that vs. the original Sand Green. There was only a ~$50 difference after doing a tweak to swap out the 2x 1x3 33 inverted slopes for 1x2s (and most of that was due to 2x$20 41747s), and across the total cost of the parts the difference is kinda immaterial. It's still gonna be astronomically expensive overall, though! :cry_sad:

I'm now sitting at 88% parts ordered... waiting for more sales!

Someone has obviously cornered the wedge market.

You can easily substitute those parts with only little optical difference.

For 41747  = 1x 3039 + 1x 43710

For 41748 =  1x 3039 + 1x 43711

All parts are available for a few cents.

Those 3 parts 41762 LBG are easy to substitute as well.

substitutionsf1j08.jpg

On 27.11.2017 at 5:26 AM, Azrielsc said:

I doubt the 6259 can be swapped with 85941 because of the length. The 6259 are used for the 2 protruding engines found at the bottom of the engine area. They slot in nicely between the plate gaps so if you use 85941, it may not be able to do so.

In the end i substituted those with 4x 24593 mounting is possible, just another 1 Stud mounting.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

4 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

Someone has obviously cornered the wedge market.

You can easily substitute those parts with only little optical difference.

For 41747  = 1x 3039 + 1x 43710

For 41748 =  1x 3039 + 1x 43711

All parts are available for a few cents.

Those 3 parts 41762 LBG are easy to substitute as well.

Thanks! Yeah, good ideas. :thumbup: 

But now I bit the bullet and bought the 41747s and subbed out the two 4287s for 3665s, the rest are definitely not as frightening to buy (good tip for others, though!). Plus I prefer the curves on the 41747s... :laugh:

I already did the 41762 swap - I had used that before in another MOC previously (the @Renegade Clone B-Wing) - you can even smooth-off the studs with a 1x2 tile instead if you want. :wink:

I've been trying to swap out everything that looks rare & expensive (e.g. the barrels), but keep stumbling on parts that weren't expensive a few months ago but now are - that's why I'm thinking all of us building this thing are creating a parts shortage and a sellers market! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by manglegrat

The wife just gave me the go ahead to start ordering parts, looks like a new frigate will be added to the fleet really soon, very happy. Been sitting on these instructions for 6+ months.

9 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

Part 49668 is available now in LBG - 3x in Set 75200

Ooh! Great, thanks for the heads-up! :thumbup: 

I had substituted 4085b (1x1 plate with clip vertical) for all of those to avoid the silver... I may build it that way to begin with, and then substitute the 49668s later, when I can get my hands on 'em. :classic:

usually i don´t care about prices at Bricklink but Ledako is selling Mortesv´s moc as his own design:

ebay - He claims to be the designer of MOC and instructions:
"Ich weise darauf hin, dass es sich hierbei um kein offizielles Set handelt. Ich habe diese Bauanleitung mit ldd (Lego digital designer) erstellt und selbst gebaut. "

I just hope Bricklink won´t remove my hint fast and most people see this before buying from someone like him.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

Just ordered 2 x Sand Green Wedge 6x2 Right from Traunsee Bricks. If he can deliver to that price you just saved me like 600 DKK. (about 80€) :)

I can´t deliver, "no part here, but a hint"

My intention was to save Nebulon bricklinkers from harm - you can save 80€ by buying 4 relatively common substitution parts.

8 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

I can´t deliver, "no part here, but a hint"

My intention was to save Nebulon bricklinkers from harm - you can save 80€ by buying 4 relatively common substitution parts.

Oh it was you. Did not know that. lol

4 hours ago, Davenocheese said:

I am very envious of your fleet... I'm still accumalating the parts for the Neb-B. 

Yes, unfortunately, the parts have become so incredibly expensive!
Hope you get everything together! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Bisson said:

Oh it was you. Did not know that. lol

Your hint does not show in the "wanted list". :(

I pulled the parts from my inventory to build two of these awesome ships.

I'm going to build and keep one and sell the second one.

i am not selling the instructions and I am asking

$1200

hit me up if interested:)

After a while I finally got around to doing a fleet update. Got more fighters, the "Tough Barge", a 4th Tanker GR-75, and another CR-90. I officially have no more space! :blush:

Tough Barge:

img_5913.jpg

New A-wings: I redesigned my A-wings with a sloped cockpit in mind. They are, however, one stud longer.

img_5936.jpg

CR-90 #2: This time around, I went with the classic Tantive IV color scheme.

img_5943.jpg

GR-75 Tanker: Same one in the LDD I posted a while back:

img_5945.jpg

The whole fleet:

img_5932.jpg

If When I build some more ships I may have to start a second fleet! :classic:

BTW, not to be annoying, but any updates on your next project, @mortesv? I eagerly await!

I'm loving all of the fleet pictures but all I can think of is...

Has anyone estimated how large a Star Destroyer would have to be next to this scale of ships? I bet pretty massive when you look at the CR-90. 

Edited by Forresto

started with the model - 1:250 scale this is just the "nose" dimensions are correct so far, the estimated greebling height is around 11 2/3 to 12 1/3 studs.

Was a bit difficult to calculate as most available drawings are in a inferior quality.

If someone feels disturbed by the WIP picture just drop a message...

isd2504io4s.jpg

2 hours ago, Midlife-crisis said:

started with the model - 1:250 scale this is just the "nose" dimensions are correct so far, the estimated greebling height is around 11 2/3 to 12 1/3 studs.

Was a bit difficult to calculate as most available drawings are in a inferior quality.

If someone feels disturbed by the WIP picture just drop a message...

**PIC SNIP**

Man that is awesome!

I think that @Raskolnikov's Large ISD is close to this scale. Maybe he has some pointers?

Edited by supertruper1988

13 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Ha, not even close. Good luck, tho!

Yeah I saw after some searching that yours is 6 FEET long and th 1:250 scale is 3.3 times bigger ish at 6.4 METERs long. Units are important :grin:

I need more Tie-Fighters...

The nose of an ISD has joined the battlefront. It´s bolted to the wall in around 170cm height.

LDD File is not finished yet, as i stopped simultaneously build during the greebling, the part count is around 1500parts.

The "dark side" beside the wall has no greebling.

cimg3790m6uqt.jpg

cimg3791t3ud3.jpg