Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

9 hours ago, churcholo said:

I went traveling for a long time and only now I'm getting back to finish the job...

This are the real results of my mods:

<snip>

The stands I designed are VERY sturdy, at the point that the two parts can stand on their own without any other support!

You can even grab them and use them as a couple of laser-pistols! :-)

This might be very useful for transportation!

Impressive, most impressive!

I downloaded your LXF file for the stands ages ago (thanks again for sharing!) but I only finally bought the actual instructions the other week - not working for a few months put the brakes on my Lego habit...  

Loving how that's working out in the brick for you so far! :thumbup::wub: 

Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished, so I'll know what mine will look like when I get to it. :wink:

Quick question re: the technic frame, I'm still in the process of collecting parts and recently got a huge haul of technic is assorted colours. 

Can much or any of the technic frame be seen from the outside or am I ok to substitute in random colours?

Just now, Davenocheese said:

Quick question re: the technic frame, I'm still in the process of collecting parts and recently got a huge haul of technic is assorted colours. 

Can much or any of the technic frame be seen from the outside or am I ok to substitute in random colours?

The parts which are covered by the front panels and the engine block or the spine going down at the front are totally covered. The parts in the middle, the middle spine and not covered with plates only with greeble are visible.

I agree with @Markus85, only the centre spine which connects the body with the engine should be in LBG as the greebling on the spine would not cover the technic bricks totally. 

I found out the hard way when I used black 1x16 technic bricks there and had to swap them out. Couldn't feel my fingers for a day! Haha! :laugh:

Hi everyone,

Just want to know if anyone else has some ideas for another freighter. We already have the UB-820 and YV-929, but I’d love another! Freighters are fun to build and easy to acquire parts for. They make great additions to the fleet! If you think one would be a good addition, please tell! I’ve searched far and wide but haven’t found a good fit yet.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, EKae said:

Hi everyone,

Just want to know if anyone else has some ideas for another freighter. We already have the UB-820 and YV-929, but I’d love another! Freighters are fun to build and easy to acquire parts for. They make great additions to the fleet! If you think one would be a good addition, please tell! I’ve searched far and wide but haven’t found a good fit yet.

Thanks!

I was thinking of creating small-sized versions of the freighters of the latest contest. Would be fun and challenging to fit the size and style. Maybe an idea?!

13 hours ago, EKae said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Hey @EKae! Was wondering if you managed to complete your YV-929? You mentioned that you were waiting for some angled plates for the wings? Any photos of the result?

Cheers! :classic:

@Markus85 Where can I find the contest? Sounds like a great resource . . .

@Azrielsc Oh Yeah, sorry! I forgot all about it! :blush:

You use part 27263 in Dark Bluish Gray, and part 26601 in Dark Bluish Gray:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ekae/Star-Wars-Ships/my-fleet/img_5364.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ekae/Star-Wars-Ships/my-fleet/img_5370.jpg

Simply put the two parts together, as shown here, and put them on to the side next to the round tiles. These wings bit larger than they supposed to be, but it works mostly alright. If you find a substitute that works well I would encourage it!

1 hour ago, EKae said:

@Markus85 Where can I find the contest? Sounds like a great resource . . .

All the topics in this forum concerning the YT-1300 mods. Would be a nice bunch of freighters or similar.

I'm currently working on a scaled MC75.But that's a pretty large one.

1 hour ago, EKae said:

@Azrielsc Oh Yeah, sorry! I forgot all about it! :blush:

You use part 27263 in Dark Bluish Gray, and part 26601 in Dark Bluish Gray

Simply put the two parts together, as shown here, and put them on to the side next to the round tiles. These wings bit larger than they supposed to be, but it works mostly alright. If you find a substitute that works well I would encourage it!

Really cool looking!!

Edited by Markus85

On 20/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, Markus85 said:

The parts which are covered by the front panels and the engine block or the spine going down at the front are totally covered. The parts in the middle, the middle spine and not covered with plates only with greeble are visible.

On 21/10/2017 at 5:25 AM, Azrielsc said:

I agree with @Markus85, only the centre spine which connects the body with the engine should be in LBG as the greebling on the spine would not cover the technic bricks totally. 

I found out the hard way when I used black 1x16 technic bricks there and had to swap them out. Couldn't feel my fingers for a day! Haha! :laugh:

Thanks gents!! Is there any chance someone could list the technic brick needed for the spine only, that way I can ensure I have them in LBG and can substitute the remaining bricks in any colour. 

18 hours ago, Davenocheese said:

Thanks gents!! Is there any chance someone could list the technic brick needed for the spine only, that way I can ensure I have them in LBG and can substitute the remaining bricks in any colour. 

I believe that you can set aside about 15pcs of 1x16 technic bricks in LBG or DBG and you should be fine. I counted more than 20pcs but quite a few are also hidden in the body. I just went through the instructions and it called for DBG but I used LBG instead. Not much of a difference once you start placing LBG greebling on top of the 1x16 technic bricks. 

Here's a pic once all the greeblings go on:

31042622022_00ec1aca39_c.jpg

Good luck! :)

@EKae Much thanks for the photos! Argh, realised that I ran out of 27263! Time to get on BL! :)

Edited by Azrielsc

Just now, Davenocheese said:

Thanks @Azrielsc, that's good to hear as I've a huge bin of assorted Technic! 

@DavenocheeseI hope the approx number of 1x16 bricks I gave is accurate! 

Edited by Azrielsc

Thanks to @krisandkris12, with his fantastic "Tough Barge" model found here, I have designed another freighter for the fleet!

Front:

cargo_freighter_with_x-wings.png

Back:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ekae/Star-Wars-Ships/my-fleet/cargo_freighter_back.png

Underside:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ekae/Star-Wars-Ships/my-fleet/cargo_freighter_underside.png

I used the same style containers as the GR-75 instead of krisandkris12's more boxy ones. I started by taking the LDD of Mortesv's Falcon, modified it, and added various sections and details. While this still isn't a ship that appears anywhere and is fully custom, I still think it's a fun addition to the fleet. I like that it can transport cargo, so it can act as a little helper for the GR-75s! Thanks @krisandkris12 and, as always, @mortesv! :)

Thanks to @mortesv, @Cjd223 and @churcholo, I've pulled together something I think will look awesome on my shelf:

37884473776_c12a19b879_c.jpg

This is just an LDD render (via Busufl) for now. I made a few tweaks, replaced the unavailable/rare parts, and integrated Churcholo's stands. Oh yeah. :wub:

Thanks, guys! :thumbup:

I finally (almost...) finished the construction of my customized Nebulon. This is how the pedestals look in real life. The complex is very sturdy! I keep moving it around the house and it's so easy to grab it, place it, turn it... I'm very satisfied! I made some minor customization in some parts, most of them are invisible, but it allowed me to keep the costs reasonable: in fact I only spent 400$ to build it (plus 100$ shipping costs from 25 different sellers all around Europe).

Thanks again to Mortesv and Cjd223 for sharing with the community this wonderful masterpiece! Seriously guys, this is something big, it's really impressive once you see it in your room!

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

On 10/27/2017 at 8:26 PM, EKae said:

Thanks to @krisandkris12, with his fantastic "Tough Barge" model found here, I have designed another freighter for the fleet!

Front:

cargo_freighter_with_x-wings.png

Back:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ekae/Star-Wars-Ships/my-fleet/cargo_freighter_back.png

Underside:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ekae/Star-Wars-Ships/my-fleet/cargo_freighter_underside.png

I used the same style containers as the GR-75 instead of krisandkris12's more boxy ones. I started by taking the LDD of Mortesv's Falcon, modified it, and added various sections and details. While this still isn't a ship that appears anywhere and is fully custom, I still think it's a fun addition to the fleet. I like that it can transport cargo, so it can act as a little helper for the GR-75s! Thanks @krisandkris12 and, as always, @mortesv! :)

Do you have an LDD file on hand?

Yep, sent you a PM. ;)

If anyone else wants the LDD files, ask me to PM you. I don't want a version of Mortesv's Millennium out to random people though. :)

Someone is selling the instructions for $50.00 on eBay. item # 122105797926. They have sold 37 copies already. I will report them. Others should do the same.

Edited by rockpig

This person is also selling these instructions.