Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

@bricksmarlin I am SO jealous! Love it! The new color scheme for the CR90 is awesome! Also like how you attached the UB-820 to the docking tube!

If only I had the space for a fleet like this . . . Now you need a second Nebulon! :)

Edited by EKae

Woah! That is so amazing @bricksmarlin

I am definitely no where near your collection of ships! And I can't imagine how much you spent on getting all the bases covered in black bricks!

Edited by Azrielsc

Congratulations @bricksmarlin - that is indeed a highly impressive fleet!  :wub:

And, I love your idea of using an image of the Orion Nebula (M42); although that also includes the 'Running Man' top-left (M43).  It's one of my favourites and I've spent many hours trying to capture a decent image of it (link).  In keeping with the original Episode V sequence have you considered Andromeda (m31)?  Something like this could look rather stunning:

andromeda-galaxy-messier-31.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments.

@mortesv  I was looking for a picture of your Heavy Tanker when I saw the X-Wing.

@Azrielsc  One base is only changed to black. For the other two bases I used 1300 4x4 plates in black as the first layer. / 5 €cent = 65€) That's ok. But I will need something between 4500-5000 2x4 tiles in black to cover the three bases. (21 €cent / PickaBrick) Not so funny :sick:

@Lobot  The scene itself is great, but I can't use a picture like that. Maybe if I can find something like that in better quality. The problem is, the printing house prints this pictures in quality up to 1200dpi. Most of the free pics that I found in the internet have something under 100dpi like your picture 72dpi. If you upload a picture like that you can see on a calculator that the print quality is by maybe 70% and I need three pieces like 1,60x1,40m in size each. So the 300dpi of my picture is the minimum to get the quality that I need I guess!

Edited by bricksmarlin

@brickmarlin - here's a HD image from Hubble although it's only a partial fragment (link) - 69536 x 22230 pixels

There's also a wide array of other galaxies in the Hubble archives (link) which might be an option - I'll keep looking for you!

@Lobot Those are some awesome pictures of the Andromeda! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyways, For a 4th GR-75, I want to do something a bit different than the others. So I modified Mortesv's LDD file and came up with a tanker version.

gr-75_w__tanks_3_4_view.png

gr-75_w__tanks_underside.png

It does have less parts, so it may not be as expensive. It also doesn't have the hard-to-find cheese slops in various colors.

What do you think?

Edited by EKae

Holy shit....

@Lobot you are the man :thumbup: ! The picture is perfect! I have converted the image to a resolution of 25000x7992 / 1200dpi (file size 95MB / upload max. 100 MB), so it should look fantastic! Test pattern will be ordered! Thanks so much....awesome :wub:

@EKae Love it, possible to get the lxf.?

first layer black

gallery_8754_6681_137961.jpg

waiting for parts from bricklink. pics how to build will follow tomorrow.

gallery_8754_6681_340556.jpg

You're welcome, @bricksmarlin. But I still wouldn't be fleet-building if it weren't for Mortesv releasing the Nebulon and GR-75s!

Edited by EKae

Many thanks, EKae for the tanker link!  There are so many expert builders on Eurobricks.  There is always something new in the star wars realm.  It is so refreshing.  

Kind Regards,

Corellian Engineer

@bricksmarlin - You're welcome; I'm looking forward to seeing the result :classic:

I'll keep an eye out for an alternative...... there's some truly stunning images around, you just need to know where to look!

Thanks to @EKae, I built 2x Dornean gunships from the spare bricks I have, each slightly different from each other.

36285446026_959bd61c6b_c.jpg

Have not decided which is Braha'tok and which is Torktarak!

PS: Apologies for the yellowish lighting. Got to take them photos outside instead. :)

@Azrielsc The Dorneans look great! I love the dark green one, wonderful color choice. I'm glad you like them! :)

13 hours ago, EKae said:

@Azrielsc The Dorneans look great! I love the dark green one, wonderful color choice. I'm glad you like them! :)

@bricksmarlin Your Fleet is really impressive, I am in awe! My ratag bunch of ships ain't got nothing on yours & @ecmo47!!

@EKae Wouldn't have done them without your LDD! 

Finally got all the bricks for my Tantive IV and will be opening up your LDD to start building it. Tentative finish... in September!! :laugh:

Edited by Azrielsc

I wonder if I could steal an entire room and fleet collection? this looks so so good....can't decide which one of the four I like best.