Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

Just now, Djuree said:

My email: -snip-

Don't put your email on EB in public. You'll get spammed from spam bots who frequent the site 

10 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Don't put your email on EB in public. You'll get spammed from spam bots who frequent the site 

Oh, you are right, removed. ;)

@Djuree personally I spent more than 1200$ dollars on this, but that is because the were are lot of experimentation going on during the design process :)

Cjd223 have also optimized the type count so all in all it should be much cheaper than mine :)

@Djuree it cost me jut over $1,000 for the Nebulon, but it varies on whether you buy mostly used parts or mostly new.

@bricksmarlinLooking awesome :)

You might need another table for the next thing I am building :D

One of your B-wings have crashed by the way :D

@bricksmarlin - that looks amazing, well done!  I'm still gathering the parts for a couple of GR-75s which has proven to be quite challenging, due to the huge number of different types involved.  However, looking at this the effort will be more than worth it! :wub:

@mortesv

It does!

So thank you again for sharing the building instructions, that's all your work!

Can't wait to see your next project for the fleet!

Free space??*huh* I will find somehow!!:tongue:

And the B-Wing returns to the fleet as soon as part 99784 is available again! My stock is empty!

By the way, my contribution to the topic "spare room is for loser"!

gallery_8754_6681_184966.jpg

@Lobot

Thanks! And yes, it's definitely worth it!

gallery_8754_6682_373760.jpg

gallery_8754_6682_254450.jpg

gallery_8754_6682_149978.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

Need help!  Working on the red pod, having problems installing it.  I rebuilt the pod 3 times to make sure I did not miss anything.  What is the key.  Anyone else run into that problom?

12 hours ago, rdantsch said:

Need help!  Working on the red pod, having problems installing it.  I rebuilt the pod 3 times to make sure I did not miss anything.  What is the key.  Anyone else run into that problom?

What's wrong with the red pod?

It would help us if you can describe your problems in more detail?

23 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

What's wrong with the red pod?

It would help us if you can describe your problems in more detail?

After sliding the pod through, trying to attach the front part of the pod back together with the body, it seems to come up short.  I'm about one knob (1x1) short of doing so.   I can't find any mistakes.  The back part of the pod lines up perfect with the underside of green pod.   Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Hmm... I couldn't recall any issue I had with that red pod.

As long as the pod stays securely in place, then it should be fine!

Hello... i'm new on Lego World... just started with a few UCS...and after have seen this Neb... i've decided to do it :)

I'm still gathering bricks :) 

Thanks to Mortesv and Cjd223 for this awesome work :) and everyone to share their mods, tips and tricks :)

This is an amazing work of art. I asked to purchase the plans and cannot wait to attempt it!

I've finished updating my Neb-B stand. I didn't want to tear about the rear section to go full integration like Churcholo was looking to do a few pages back. The main part is #95347 2x2x10 girder support. which are plentiful and cheap. The nice thing about the part is that it has an axle hole in the top of it so you can pin the stacked parts together with a 3L axle. As noted already, the middle support is not critical but the ship will develop a bit of a sway-back without it. (Note: I ran out of black 4x4 round bricks so the white ones in the middle will be replaced once the next parts order comes on.) If anybody wants a LDD of the stand, I can crack one out quick.

DSC02070

Edited by ecmo47

Cool stand. Wouldn't mind having a look at the LDD file. Have all the parts. Exploring stand options before I begin the build.

Edited by rockpig

Hi there! Can I ask for the small Millennium Falcon plans? I collect Millennium Falcon models in all sizes. Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

here is a small update of my rebel fleet. In the last two weeks, I worked on everything at the same time , depending on which parts I had available. I have enlarged the bases, they now cover the tables completely and will be black in the end. The 24 X-Wing got an update on "engine glow", the Y-Wings have a bit more color, I have reverse engineered four UB-820 Heavy Tanker, one for each section of the fleet. I also designed a micro scale U-Wing. And as the leader of the "Blue Squad" another CR-90. Hope you like it!

gallery_8754_6681_95867.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_184528.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_64974.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_202175.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_90246.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_22424.jpg

gallery_8754_6701_133622.jpg

gallery_8754_6701_190353.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_689534.jpg

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/album/6701-blue-squad/

Edited by bricksmarlin

A "small" update? Your fleet is still bigger then the combined efforts of Ekae and myself! Love the new CR-90 and the U-wing. Great job!

Thanks @ecmo47,

I'll take photos tomorrow to show how the U-Wing is built.

By the way, almost forgotten! I have something for the background. It's a picture from the "Orion Nebula", it was taken by the hubble telescope in 2006. The picture quality is 18000x18000 pixel / 300dpi and it will be printed on acrylic glass. I'll need 3 pieces to cover the complete wall, I ordered the first to look if it works.

gallery_8754_6681_341004.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_110470.jpg