Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

Hello! This past Friday I began the Nebulon, and all has gone well. The reason I am contacting you all is because on page 522, when you attach the two 1 x 13 liftarms, I can't put on the 1 x 4 slope parts back on top. I think I put the liftarms in the right spot, but for some reason I can't figure it out! When looking at everyone else's models, they managed to put them in the spot the manual tells you to, but . . .

Although I don't have a photo due to technical difficulties, is there any way anyone could point me in he right direction?

Thanks for your time, Ewan

Is that moc the reason trans half cylinders are near impossible to buy on Bricklink? :wacko:

Edited by RetroInferno

On 07/09/2016 at 10:25 PM, brian3197 said:

Mortesv and Cjd223, thanks for making this set available to other people. It was a ton of fun to build and holy butts was it challenging. I think I'll be building one of Mortesv's rebel transports to go with it shortly, and then trying to figure out some sort of build for a Home One cruiser..

I think I have one contribution towards helping out others: there's one small error in the manual - on page 522, it shows a 13 length technic liftarm in the parts, but in the actual build I believe it's an 11. I also had 11's available from the inventory but not 13's.

@EKae: I believe Brian3197 mentioned about using the 11 technics and not the 13s. That is how the rest of us managed to build the ship! :)

42 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Is that moc the reason trans half cylinders are near impossible to buy on Bricklink? :wacko:

Still available though!

You need a lot less of them if you use my mod back described back on page 7 where I have a foot built into the lower dorsal fin. It eliminates the front and middle support. 

1 hour ago, EKae said:

Whoops! how about this. . .

You have the pins too high up? Move them down 1 pin and they should line up fine.

Looks similar to my build, so I guess that you are on the right track! :thumbup:

31042622932_59dc0ca688_c.jpg

Edited by Azrielsc

Hello! Just one question for you all today. The top panel in the back does not seem to fully attach to the technic bricks underneath. It seems safe just laying on top, but is there a difference?

Thanks, Ewan

4 hours ago, EKae said:

Hello! Just one question for you all today. The top panel in the back does not seem to fully attach to the technic bricks underneath. It seems safe just laying on top, but is there a difference?

Thanks, Ewan

You mean the top panel at the engine area? Ecmo47 came up with an ingenious method of using some tiles with studs to secure the top plate easily. I have adopted it as well and it does work really well. Just take note that the plate height will be increased by 1 stud. Look at the past photos that we have posted and you can see how we did it.

You are almost there! :)

Reporting in . . . :classic:

fullsizerender.jpg

img_4145.jpg

NEW FIGHTERS:

U-wing:

img_4150.jpg

Green A-wing (from Return of the Jedi) :

img_4153.jpg

Huge thanks to Mortesv for the awesome design and Cjd223 for the fantastic instructions! Definitely a challenging build, but the final model is truly not even describable. Thank you so much!

Edited by EKae

Great work EKAe, your fleet looks very impressive!  :wub:

I particularly like the multiple GR-75s, they really add to the overall look.  Are you going to add the Millennium Falcon to the underside of the Nebulon B - it looks a bit incomplete without it?  I'm really tempted to give this a bash, especially as the LDD file is now available for mortesv's Blockade Runner!

12 minutes ago, Lobot said:

Great work EKAe, your fleet looks very impressive!  :wub:

I particularly like the multiple GR-75s, they really add to the overall look.  Are you going to add the Millennium Falcon to the underside of the Nebulon B - it looks a bit incomplete without it?  I'm really tempted to give this a bash, especially as the LDD file is now available for mortesv's Blockade Runner!

Go for it Lobot! There will be instructions on their way soon for the Blockade Runner as well :)

In these photos I didn't have the falcon on. Whoops! :classic:

@EKae Your fleet looks awesome!! Liked how you use the black hammers for the A-Wing. I was also thinking of that instead of the black screwdrivers which is a pain to source for. I currently am using black lightsaber hilts but feel that the hilts were a bit thick/big.

Oh, where are your B-Wings? :)

As a matter of fact, I haven't built any B-wings yet! Better do that ASAP! :classic:

Just now, EKae said:

As a matter of fact, I haven't built any B-wings yet! Better do that ASAP! :classic:

Oh, and the TIE-Fighters & Imperial Shuttle too! :laugh:

I really have to sit myself down to start on the GR-75s to add to my fleet. Yours look lovely! Am regretting a bit as to why I bought bricks for 2 GR-75s and not 3!

The GR-75s are really nice additions. They are pretty big, considering they have only around 830 parts! Also detailed. . . Mortesv did a great job on them, just like everything else he's made! :)

On 3/14/2017 at 0:42 PM, RetroInferno said:

Hahaha! Valid question :laugh:

wooooow! I need this model! (but i need 10 messages to send a pm to mortevs :laugh:)

The lastest modifications and addings to the original pattern are included at the instructions?

10 hours ago, EKae said:

The GR-75s are really nice additions. They are pretty big, considering they have only around 830 parts! Also detailed. . . Mortesv did a great job on them, just like everything else he's made! :)

Isn't it around 930 parts? Can't remember anymore ;)

6 hours ago, mortesv said:

Isn't it around 930 parts? Can't remember anymore ;)

Well, according to Excel, it's only 865 parts - but has 167 different types! :look:

31 minutes ago, Lobot said:

Well, according to Excel, it's only 865 parts - but has 167 different types! :look:

Just checked - I have like seven different version - I keep tweaking and tweaking, mine is around 880, but that should make little difference :)