Cjd223

Building Mortesv's Nebulon-B Thread

Great sticker!!

Regarding brick colors, I have a little tip. When I designed/built the ship, I just used colors that I thought looked nice when building the internal structure. Please look at the LDD, if there is an expensive/rare part, see if you can swap the color with something else if it is on the inside.

Update: I am almost done with the scale ship, I just need a stand for it. I will write a post on it next week a long with a ldd for that ship. So when you are done with the Medical Frigate there will be more to build - 800+ parts :)

Hi, Mortesv.

KUDOS to you and Cjd223!

As a famous Vulcan once said "May you live well and prosper." Sticker is magnificent. Here's something you and Cjd223 might want to think about for your next genius model after you finish the scale ship. The opening scenes of the movie, Avatar, featured an absolutely beautiful space ship. I have always wanted to build a lego model of that ship. Or maybe a model worthy of the space ship "Serenity" in the series "Firefly" that was ended way too early.

I think you and Cjd223 are one of the few could actually pull it off.

Maybe something to think about?

Kind Regards

Any thoughts on current sets that would make good parts packs for this build? If such sets can be bought with significant discounts, it might bring down the total cost.

How is every bodies build going? I'm still in the parts ordering phase. Here is a shot of the parts I was able to pull out of my stash. Hopefully, it will keep the cost down but I already got one order in for $150.00 and still have a bunch of odd balls to go.

27865240512_e1b52c9315_c.jpgDSC01548 by Scott Roys, on Flickr

... and still have a bunch of odd balls to go.

The last 10% of the list took the most amount of time and money for me. MANY 1 and 2 lot purchases from several stores. Also have had to replace some parts from a seller who sold new parts that were all but destroyed ($8 "new umbrella" that was bent and discolored).

Considering the volume of parts, this is to be expected though.

Yes, an excel spreadsheet is provided that lists all parts for the Neb-B

Here is the last line (lot number #531!)

99781 Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 Light Bluish Gray 4

For the small ships you will need to run a Bill of Materials (BOM) function on LDD to get the parts.

Edited by ecmo47

Well, I THOUGHT that I was done ordering pieces, but as normal, there are always a few mistakes made by both myself and bricklink sellers. Needless to say that when I realized this after I had counted out what I thought was the final package, I threw a small Kylo Ren temper tantrum. Back to bricklink it is! I currently have 80% of my parts in hand now and am waiting on one more invoice until I cam hopefully lean back and build this thing. Hopefully I can get started as soon as this weekend depending on how fast these last few orders ship :grin:

^^ Ok somebody needs a new avatar! Too many Darth wanna-bees!

Slugging through the last 3 parts which are as follows:

1x42022 LBG 1x6 slope

2x4287 Sand Green slope inverted 33

1x41765 Sand Blue wedge 6x2 Inverted.

I just bought 1x42022 LBG 1x6 slope for $0.27 but I had to reach $15.00 minimum! Love this part!

I actually had a small epiphany a couple orders back. I pulled up the parts list for the MF and started sourcing that while hunting down that last few parts for the Neb-B. That has eased the pain a little.

When building the Cavegod's AT-AT a few years back, I remember that obtaining the parts took about 2 month and the build about a month. So 1 Oct completion for me?

Edited by ecmo47

The last 10% of the list took the most amount of time and money for me. MANY 1 and 2 lot purchases from several stores.

Exactly the same here. Had total orders down to a reasonable number, but the last 8 orders were tiny - 1 or 2 lot purchases where the shipping cost as much as the items.

Everything is ordered, if the BL sellers don't make any mistakes. They've started arriving already, but will take a couple of weeks for them all to arrive.

I forgot to order parts for the scale MF at the same time, so I might put an order in for that tonight.

1x42022 LBG 1x6 slope

I just bought 1x42022 LBG 1x6 slope for $0.27 but I had to reach $15.00 minimum! Love this part!

Alternatively, this element could be brick-built with the 4 x 1 curved slope & a few plates!

Alternatively, this element could be brick-built with the 4 x 1 curved slope & a few plates!

Good grief, why didn't I think of that. :wacko: Thanks!

On the Falcon there is a parts issue. The plans show 4x30603 which does not exist in LBG so will need to be painted or swap with the one of the following:

30602: Slope, Curved 2 x 2 Lip, No Studs

or

44675: Slope, Curved 2 x 2 No Studs, 3 Side Ports Recessed

Good grief, why didn't I think of that. :wacko: Thanks!

On the Falcon there is a parts issue. The plans show 4x30603 which does not exist in LBG so will need to be painted or swap with the one of the following:

30602: Slope, Curved 2 x 2 Lip, No Studs

or

44675: Slope, Curved 2 x 2 No Studs, 3 Side Ports Recessed

That's what I did as well. Replaced with LBG 30602 too.

Here are some of my replacements:

1. 42445 - replaced with 99784

2. 48729a - replaced with 48729b

3. 98100 - replaced with 98100pb05 (same cockpit as the Series 1 Microfighter MF - 75030)

4. 43337 - replaced with 30413

5. 3048c - replaced with 15571

6. 4599a - replaced with 4599b

7. 75535 - replaced with 62462

I took a look at the PDF file for the first time tonight and am having an issue. As pictured below, there is an abrupt transition between the intro slides and the first building steps. I used the increase size function which kind of works but the enlarged image is fuzzy and lacks clarity. Can the PDF be tweaked so that the building slides are the same size? Unless there is a simple PDF function that I am missing the slides are almost too small to be useful.

27729731160_fe607360db_c.jpgNeb-B Inst screen shot by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Edited by ecmo47

I took a look at the PDF file for the first time tonight and am having an issue. As pictured below, there is an abrupt transition between the intro slides and the first building steps. I used the increase size function which kind of works but the enlarged image is fuzzy and lacks clarity. Can the PDF be tweaked so that the building slides are the same size? Unless there is a simple PDF function that I am missing the slides are almost too small to be useful.

Neb-B Inst screen sot by Scott Roys, on Flickr

I had the same experience. It is just rendered in a weird way if you open it in a web browser, I also had trouble with the Foxit Reader. Use Adobe Reader (the free download) instead and everything will be displayed nicely.

Yep, as listed above, you should use a software such as Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to view the pdf. Do not be alarmed by the fuzziness it is actually 4K resolution, so it will not be fuzzy to say the least

Thanks guys! I down loaded Adobe reader as suggested and it works as advertised. Since I have a bunch of parts, I thought I might get a little building done but no. The second step of the instructions call for seven 1x2 plates with the 3-finger hinge joint. Those parts are ordered from a Bricklink store in Denmark and now they have a banner up that they are on holiday until 11 July! :angry: I'll take a look at some of the LDD files but I'm basically on hold for a month. :cry_sad:

Regarding rare parts - you can always find cheaper alternatives. Look at the ldd and see if another part gets the job done. There is no need to pay 20$ for at single brick :)

Happy building!

Another discovery tonight. The last steps of the PDF are of the Millennium Falcon. I would then assume that those parts are included in the overall parts lists so pulling the Bill of Material list off the scale fighter LDD was unnecessary . Guess I'll have twins now!

I was working on the MF tonight while getting the farm and obit report from the folks back in Iowa. Except for those flat hinges that Mortesv is SO fond of, I had all of the parts. One detail part that I am mystified about is the 2x2 rounds tiles that cap off the sides of the fuselage tubes (or the ramp storage area). On Mortesv's model, they have a sticker on them which mimics the hexagon pattern of that area on the MF. Anybody know anything about them? They are not part of the micro model like the cockpit piece is.

Nevermind, I found it. It's part #4150px4 from set #4488. They appear to be fairly common at $0.30 to $1.00 each and one guy in the USA has 89 of them at $0.50 each.

Edited by ecmo47

Building had begun!!! I am about 1,200 or so pieces in and so far so good. Pics to come tomorrow of my progress.