Sign in to follow this  
Gabe

Above the clouds - the great merchant's lift of Sultan's Gate

Wowwww...! :wub: :wub: I remember this in FlickR but not with the back side details, with the gorgeous lighting!!! What a diorama mate..... :drool: :drool:

The cliff coloring works great and that lion face there is pure win..... :wub: :wub:

Fantastic build Gabe, the dash of pastel color inside the clouds is so pretty and I love the buildings built into the rock face as well as the rock work itself. The head there is just epic, and the sand green on the rock works really well! :thumbup:

Hah, it is crazy! I like it, very unusual design. Unusual in a good way :)

All of this is awesome but I think my favorite part might just be how the white bricks make it look as though their is a fierce, windy snowstorm occurring (albeit, it isn't reflected anywhere else, and is actually clouds lol) that the griffin must fly against.

Thanks Pedilego! It was interesting how often the observation was made at Brickvention that the clouds looked like snow - even with the name card bearing the title "Above the clouds"! :laugh: I wonder if it's because ppl assume that the table=ground level always, or whether i should have made the clouds more cumulus-like and not so stretched out? Still, it's cool that ppl see different things in it, and it is fun listening to ppl offer their own interpretations about what i've made. :classic:

I remember seeing this build when I first joined GOH..then I found it on flicker. The architecture is stunning true enough..but the way you designed the build to really give that "above the cloud perspective" with the whites, pinks and blues is what impresses me the most.

Thanks Blufiji! Yeah, i was pretty happy with myself that i managed to use those 8x16 pastel Friends plates at last! :wink:

Wowwww...! :wub: :wub: I remember this in FlickR but not with the back side details, with the gorgeous lighting!!! What a diorama mate..... :drool: :drool:

The cliff coloring works great and that lion face there is pure win..... :wub: :wub:

Thanks Gunman! Glad you like the lighting. :classic:

Fantastic build Gabe, the dash of pastel color inside the clouds is so pretty and I love the buildings built into the rock face as well as the rock work itself. The head there is just epic, and the sand green on the rock works really well! :thumbup:

Thanks so much Kai, glad you like it! :classic:

Hah, it is crazy! I like it, very unusual design. Unusual in a good way :)

Cheers Kalais! Yeah i know what you mean, it's not a very typical composition. :wink:

That lion head is quite impressive and I like the idea of a city that is high above the clouds!

This is top, really top of Historica. I love it!

Thanks for always delivering entertaining and powerful mocs.

Just mindblowing!! Great to have you back!!! Love the different levels and heights in the castle!!!

This is magnificent! The size, the detail, the beauty, it's all fantastic. I love every part of this. I love how clean it looks on the back side. The front is obviously the show piece, but the back looks so good, and the lighting is a nice touch.

Wonderful work!

Hahaha this is insane! How can you build something like this without posting it for two year? My only complain is that you denied to present it earlier. What a wonderful idea to build something above thd clouds. That lion head is a masterpiece, and so is of course the whole build. Love it!

Just mindblowing!! Great to have you back!!! Love the different levels and heights in the castle!!!

Thanks deGothia, it sure is good to be back! :classic:

This is magnificent! The size, the detail, the beauty, it's all fantastic. I love every part of this. I love how clean it looks on the back side. The front is obviously the show piece, but the back looks so good, and the lighting is a nice touch.

Wonderful work!

Aw thanks x105Black! I have a lot of fun working out the layout of the rooms in the cliffs, so i'm glad to hear you like them. :classic:

Hahaha this is insane! How can you build something like this without posting it for two year? My only complain is that you denied to present it earlier. What a wonderful idea to build something above thd clouds. That lion head is a masterpiece, and so is of course the whole build. Love it!

Cheers Jacob! Well, i actually did post it to Flickr, so it was around, i just forgot to post it to the guilds. I know it's not much of an excuse, but 2015 was a very hectic year at work! :laugh:

Beautiful!

Thankyou Lazer, i'm glad you like it! :classic:

I don't know why I haven't seen this MOC before! I really have missed something. Its insanely spectacular. A wonderful achievement of taste and skill. Amazing! :classic::thumbup:

This is fantastic! I remember seeing it on Flickr and wondering why you hadnt posted it here. It is simply stunning!