Holodoc

[MOC] Architecture Løvehuset (Lionhouse) Billund, Denmark

Hello everybody!

After having visited Billund a couple of times, Copmike and I had the idea to build one of the most iconic buildings in LEGO history, the Løvehuset (Lionhouse).

27615994601_c453fd9227_o.jpg

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, let me explain what the Lionhouse is about.

This is the place where everything LEGO-related began. It's the Kristiansen's family house and Ole Kirk Kristiansen started producing wooden toys here in 1932. Later he switched to the famous plastic bricks we all now.

The house is still placed in the middle of Billund and is now called LEGO Idea house and is housing the Lego museum. There you can find a lot of exhibits from the wooden era upto the latest sets.

Sadly it cannot be visited publicly, but if you want to visit it (and you should do that at least once in your life), look out for the next Eurobricks event in Billund 2018. :wink:

This builiding is of course part of the movie worth seeing,

, and a previous exclusive minifigure-size set is in there, too.

27589936252_0b299c1a18.jpg27616001391_21dc2744bd.jpg

So the house has been an official set before. The bad thing about this set is, it was only given away as part of the LEGO inside tour 2009. Three years later it was produced for LEGO employees again. It was never sold on a regular basis.

So it is really hard to get hold of it.

But we didn't want to just copy an existing set, so we chose another scale and some nice new features.

The scale is somehow in between microscale, architecture and minifigure size. It fits nicely on a 16x16 plate, the roof can be lifted just as with the modular buildings and inside you can find some nice details we included: A printed tile with the patent certificate, a panel printed "DET BEDSTE ER IKKE FOR GODT", Kirk's slogan "only the best is good enough" and a red 2x4 brick. All these details can be found in the real museum, too.

We also decided to give the building a more accurate color scheme, replacing the red bricks in the exclusive model with brown ones for the walls and dark orange for the roof.

27078256844_b79eb94749_b.jpg27655803066_049a6eb934.jpg

The set can be built in two different time settings, either the 1935 version with chimneys and the big window on the front or the nowadays version with plain roof and the smaller white windows

27078256544_88685334e3_o.jpg27615995861_656509b676.jpg

The house already exists in real life, here the roof parts are replaced by the currently existing red roof parts.

27412674520_8e50a80ae2.jpg

Now comes the best part of it: This set is now on LEGO ideas!

If we reach 10000 votes you can also have a piece of LEGO history!

So if you like our model, please move over to our ideas-site, support us and share the news!

We really would appreciate if you tell other LUGs about our project, 10000 votes is a number, but with your help we believe we can do it.

27132395594_f766a02bcb_o.jpg

Thank you in advance,

Copmike & Holodoc = Holocop :grin:

One week and we have gathered 90 votes. :wub:

Thank you all for your support!

@holodoc, I just found this thread and wanted to take a moment to say great work capturing the building's essence at a tiny scale. It was a pleasure meeting you at BrickWorld and seeing the model first hand.

Sincerely,

---tom

@holodoc, I just found this thread and wanted to take a moment to say great work capturing the building's essence at a tiny scale. It was a pleasure meeting you at BrickWorld and seeing the model first hand.

Sincerely,

---tom

Hi Tom!

It was actaully me, CopMike, that you met at Brickworld but it´s easy to confuse a doc and a cop :laugh: ! Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for a great session at BW!

Our idea was 'staff-picked'! :wub:

Thank you very much, dear ideas team!
And you around the boards can still support us - by either clicking Comike's or my banner. Thanks, too.

Would love to have it, so supported it! 

I like it so much, would you consider releasing/selling the parts list and/or build instructions in case the Ideas project doesn't succeed?

Edited by astra

Before we start thinking about this, we put our effort into making this Idea happen. :wink:

(Ask us again in 96 days...)

:laugh: 

completely understandable, I do hope it makes it to the review stage.

What a lovely model of an important LEGO icon! We really need this set! Way to co CopnDoc!