Sign in to follow this  
kabel

Western River Boat

The Lady of the River, old Mississippi (or whichever other river) steamboat. Ready to burn some hickory and steam up that old muddy ...

27466633590_0a201b7b3e_z.jpg

27133681713_7c592e9bc7_z.jpg

27466631440_dd13bc1696_z.jpg

Looking awesome! I love all the wood, and great use of the fences! Nice waterwheel as well

Good work! Steamboat is something that I think to make one day for my western layouts. You did it very well

Looks great! I think it needs a slightly taller rim around the front of the boat though. Also, photographing it surrounded by trans 1 x 1 round blue plates would look really good as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure why Western is only such a small niche areound here. I've always loved the theme but was in my dark ages when it first came out. Now that I have the nessecary pieces and figs I thought I might finally put together something bigger. I'd even propose a community build if there were more people to join. Alas, as it looks there actually aren't that many people who'd be willing to participate ...

I think it needs a slightly taller rim around the front of the boat though. Also, photographing it surrounded by trans 1 x 1 round blue plates would look really good as well.

I'm actually referring to an old GDR comic series from the 1960s in which steamers were portrayed like this:

Queenvslouisiana1.jpg

Zieleinlauf_Balton_Rouge.JPG

As you can see here the rim isn't actually that high. I do admit though that this might not be a very accurate depiction of the real thing.

As for a water effect, as I've mentioned somewhere else, I'll put this into a larger layout so in the final version there will have some sort of water effect.

Perfect steamboat :drool:.

I haven't seen anything like this for the long time, maybe never. :classic:

Edited by Dzoni90

Row, row, row the boat ... oh, sorry, it is a fine steamboat!

No need for rowing then.

:thumbup:

Captain, are you okay? :laugh:

Perfect steamboat :drool:.

I haven't seen anything like this for the long time, maybe never. :classic:

Yeah, it's really hard to find any mocs of these kind of boats and the ones I found were not very good. So I had to build my own. The most difficult part to build was wheel. It's at least the 7th or 8th try of creating something decent looking.

I like this quite a bit! I myself have been considering some western themed builds, and a steam ship is one I've been thinking about. Specifically, the Far West, as my great great great grandfather was a crew member of that ship. Looking forward to your other western builds. The few you've posted so far look great!

Very good!

Filling EB with 2 word replies do not add to the discussion of the topics you're replying to. See below.

• Making lots of short posts may increase your post count, but they also increase your chances of being asked to leave the site. If you have something meaningful to add to a conversation, it will probably consist of more than one sentence. And those sentences will be separated by a space. Or a line.

This is discussed more in the Posting Standards Topic. I recommend you read through this topic.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Not sure why Western is only such a small niche areound here. I've always loved the theme but was in my dark ages when it first came out. Now that I have the nessecary pieces and figs I thought I might finally put together something bigger. I'd even propose a community build if there were more people to join. Alas, as it looks there actually aren't that many people who'd be willing to participate ...

I might be willing to throw in something small...