Which Pirate ship is the best?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pirate ship is the best?

• 6265 Black Seas Barracuda (10040)
    • 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner
    • 6289 Red Beard Runner (6290)
    • 6268 Renegade Runner
    • 6250 Cross Bone Clipper

The BSB rocks. There really is no contest.

Edited by alex12

I voted SES only becasue I have a BSB ship already, the original.

I want all the canon's from the SES but as an all time best, I'd say BSB.

I voted for renegade runner because at the time it was the only ship i could get(later on i got the SES and BSB)but it was my first major build/set(not my first set major deference there) :pir-wink:

There you have it.

-RocketClone :pir-classic:

I voted for the Skull eyed Schooner (schooner may not be spelt right). This ship just appeals to me, I like the BSB but this ship seems bigger and has a more stable looking feeling. I like it because it's able to fit a rowing boat on amd it has four cannons. I also like the minifigs and accessories that are included. The renegade runner was a close second following with the cross bone clipper as third. :pir-classic:

the best is skull's eye schooner because he had the best dessign, and 4 mobile cannons. I don't like the black seas barracuda so much because it has 4 cannons which you can't move, and the design is not good, colours are very visible and pirate ships shouldn't be visible, if they are visible, soldiers can capture them easily, and Red Beard Runner has only 3 cannons, and the designs is not very realistic. the Renegade runner is simple and has only a cannon, but is a good ship for little children and is a good set because that ship is the only ship that is not captained by Captain Redbeard/Captain Roger, because is Captained by Captain Ironhook. I don't like cross bone clipper, colours are visible and terrible.

When I wrote this, I had SES but not BSB, so I didn't know the how great and wonderful is BSB. I was wrong when I said that.

Now I have both ships, BSB and SES, and I prefer BSB to SES because:

BSB poopdeck is much cooler and detailed than SES poopdeck. 1 point to BSB

BSB deck is much detailed and realistic than SES. SES deck looks empty compared with BSB. 1 point to BSB

BSB's anchor system is much better and realistic too. SES anchor system is an odd job. I really pity the pirate who must throw and raise the anchor, because he may fall into the water(anchor system is in the BOW!). 1 point to BSB

in 2005 I said SES sails are better because Black and white colours aren't as visible as red and white. I was wrong...SES sails are not discrete with that visible jolly roger emblem. BSB sails are more realistic. BSB can be camouflaged as a merchant ship if the pirates remove the flags...SES not. 1 point to BSB

If you enter a coffer in SES's stock, you can remove it easily. If you enter a coffer in BSB's stock...is really hard to remove it.

SES has working rudder. BSB not. 1 point to SES

TOTAL:

BSB: 4

SES: 1

About RBR, RR and CBC, I keep the same opinions I wrote in 2005.

Edited by Captain Roger

SES all the way! BSB and RBR are the next in line. I think I already made an argument on this in another topic or two even, so I won't talk about it again, but, suffice it to say, I think SES utterly rules. But I would still give a good thumbs up to RBR for the great minifigs, but it is a quite frankly, horrible design. Although I think I may prefer, almost on sole account of the minifigs, to BSB, but they are both tight.

Without any doubt, Skull Eye Schooner, Requin Nor II en France (Black Shark II) and Gran Tiburón in Spain (Big Shark).

Honestly, i'm surprised with the poll results. SES is bigger, has more figs, more details, etc. than Black Seas Barracuda; however, i'll never criticize a Classic Pirates ship, so that's Ok.