Which Pirate ship is the best?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pirate ship is the best?

• 6265 Black Seas Barracuda (10040)
    • 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner
    • 6289 Red Beard Runner (6290)
    • 6268 Renegade Runner
    • 6250 Cross Bone Clipper

I thought that because there was enough room for 8 cannons, there were 8 cannons but you made me realize there might only be 4 of them (the 2 on the quarter deck are of smaller size, so I did not took them into account).

There are only four. They are on a slide/pivot system so they may be moved to either side.

The two on the quarter deck shouldn't count, they mostly seem decorative ;-)

There are only four. They are on a slide/pivot system so they may be moved to either side.

The two on the quarter deck shouldn't count, they mostly seem decorative ;-)

Thank you, thanks to you, I will go to sleep a bit less stupid :-D , I always believed the ship had 8 cannons. Anyway, I don't want to change my vote, the SES still looks awesome with 4 cannons.

Was expecting that poll to be a little more one sided to the Black Seas Barracuda (Dark Shark) than it was...

I only have two out of the four but I just love the contrast of the red and white sails against the blue and white sails of the imperials and just that the BSB is a legend, what more can I say...

Is it right that there's 4 pirate ships to only 1 each imperial faction though... *sad*

SES wins it for me, with BSB a narrow second. It only just wins because it beats the Barracuda at all my key criteria for ships:

Cannons: Equal numbers, but it has the possibility of a 4-gun broadside. The BSB firing system is poor and cramped - the cannon balls won't slide down the barrels!

Sails: SES has I more and cooler pirate colours; less usable but much cooler.

Masts: One small one to SES extra

Crew: An extra figure and slightly cooler ones

Creature Feature: A monkey and a parrot to BSB and a shark, a monkey and a parrot to SES - it wins 'cos of the shark

Weapons: SES wins by a musket and a cutlass

Key features: SES has working steering, GREEN cannon flaps, a compass, 2 culverins and mounted muskets! The BSB has none of this! X-D

The others can't compete with these 2, but the Black Skull smashes the Dark Shark into Davy Jones' Locker!

I'm going w/ the SES, just because of it's base number of cannon ports and because of the rig for the dingy on the back.

Gotta looooooove that exchange rate! :'-)

Oh, and side note:

I'm currently building my first Black Seas Barracuda! I like it so far. Now I'll have two of the big ships. Fun times. My soldiers are in for it I think. The "Tall Hat" (as my brother has always called them) numbers just don't stack up to the pirates'.

Anyway, they're all fun! *sweet*

*Also* I didn't realize this topic was so old ... I thought it came up under active. Whoops.

Edited by Medievalego

Black Seas Barracuda is simply the best *wub*

Its simply beautiful

Edited by Macoco

BSB.

It's the only one I have.But I've seen the SES.

I think the black seas barracuda looks nicer. The Black and White sails don't look nice to me.

Um, the crossbones and Skulls everywhere make it more noticable, but the Black and White sails make it less noticable.

The BSB has 2 cannons on each side.

Have I mentioned the Black and White Sails? :-P

And I also have a question on the SES. Is there really a blue torch at the back, or is it a problem with the pic on the first page?

Sorry to bring up an old topic once again, but I was really interested in these opinions for reference. I think that if the BSB would have had a 4 gun broadside, it would have changed a few minds. I don't really like the red and white sails, but then again I'm not a big fan of the idea of converting it into an Imperial or merchant ship. I have an Imperial Flagship, so I am familiar with the steering-rutter mechanism. Personally, I could do without it, but I'm too much of a purist to remove it. :pir-blush:

I thought I was done buying pirate LEGO for a little while after my phase had run it's course, but I guess not, having just bought both a used BSB and a used SES off of Bricklink. Geeze, over $350 without shipping right there. Looks like I'll need to get a summer job. :0

Skulls Eye Schooner! :pir-wub:

The best ship designed by TLC! Great colors, great sails, flags, a lot of MFs and, of course, 4 CANNONS!!! So... perfect! :pir-sweet:

I voted BSB because it's the quintessential Lego pirate set. It's the most useful, well-built, and most attractive.

The SES is nice, but its midsection is a gun tub with no personality or historical accuracy.

BSB on the first place, closely followed by the SES. How many threads do we have discussing this? :pir-devil: Someone must really want to see another ship win this competition...opening so much treads. :pir-classic:

I voted for SES. I like the great gunpower it has got. Yummyyyy... 4 cannons + 2 small ones at the bridge.

But i considered BSB for a second or two :wink:

Sorry Phes but the Cross boen clipper just can't beat those big pirate-ships with all that crew and guns.

It's a nice little ship, but not nice enough :pir_laugh2:

Any chance the new Brickbeard's Bounty can be added to this poll (I assume someone is going to point me to the ten polls that already do this :pir-blush: )

cheers,

timbutnice

Black Seas Barracuda. SES might have a more easily accessed hull and more broadside cannon power, but thats it. Its good for parts... not so much for the model itself. Its ugly, a tub with cannons in the middle of it. BSB is beautifully detailed and is much more displayable. There isnt even a deck on the SES!

I have the BSB and I love it but cant wait to get me a SES!It is the biggest and best of the old pirate ships IMO although I like the colour of the BSB better for some reason!

Skull's eye schooner baby, all the way - I never had the black seas barracuda, it really looks nice, but it doesn't seem to have any features that the SES doesn't have, in fact it looks like the captain's quarters are a lot more accessible and easy to access on the SES, plus it's HUGE and extremely detailed... the BSB is certainly nice, but it doesn't seem to have as much to offer.

SES is the best. I personally like the color scheme of the BSB better but the SES has a larger crew and more weapons...plus portable cannons.

i know the post was made in 05, but i will say i like the BSB because it can be used as both an imperial guard/pirate ship, just change the name. Also, because i personally like it for no reason besides, its cool! and quick btw-how many posts for citizen? 100?

Edited by commander

It is not the most realistic ship, but I voted for the RBR. It is the one I always wanted when I was a kid (I only got the armada flagship then). I don't have this set now, but I have two brickbeard bounty I combiend to make a heavyly modified and bigger ship.

Edited by hurdy-gurdy pirate